Prince George's Hospital Center

Be The First To
Add Photos

Prince George's Hospital Center President John A. O'Brien

John A. O'Brien

Experience staff and challenging patients

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Cheverly, MD

ProsInteresting patients, diverse staff, no shift rotation. The ICU staff is very knowledgable on the whole and the day shift intensivists are excellent.

ConsThere are a number of dud employees that do not do their jobs and are burnt out.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more accountability. Hire some more experienced staff.

This was a very good working experience for me, many opportunities for growth, I learned a lot here

Vital Statistic Coordinator (Former Employee) Cheverly, MD

ProsGreat team work most of the time it is a caring environment

ConsManagement having difficulty with finances of the facility therefore, raise increases are difficult to get.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would advise management to try and understand how changes are affecting the morale of their employees

It's Okay

ProsLocation is great for DC Metro area

ConsI could always make more money

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My experience at PG has been fairly good.

Clerical Specialist (Current Employee) Cheverly, MD

ProsOverall some of the staff has been pretty good. The pay is satisfactory.

ConsThere are too many people wanting to be the boss.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think we need more staff meetings as a clerical specialist. We are not able to speak our minds, to better suit us as employees

A great place to work

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Cheverly, MD

ProsUnits have very good camaraderie. The hospital real tries to work with the very limited recourses to improve the work area for nursing staff.

ConsAntiquated computer system and paper charting for nursing staff. The order entry program is from the early 90s and the other programs are really out dated.

Advice to Senior ManagementPGHC is working very hard to compete with the little help it gets. Continue improving and I believe there are going to be great changes to come for PGHC

A great place for building vast experiences because of clientele, however not a place with many resources.

Nurse (Former Employee)

ProsThis is a place that will challenge you to think critically. This is due to the type of patients presenting for care. This is also because of problem solving in how to work around lack of resources.

ConsThe reputation of the hospital. Patients do not want to come to the hospital and will not hesitate to let staff know. Doctors seem to look down on other staff (primarily nurses) for working there. Staff members are continuously planning an exit strategy.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork with your individual units to improve patient safety by discussing resourceful, beneficial ways to work around the lack of equipment/ resources.
    Please consider addressing staffing issues in areas of patient care.
    Consider electronic medical records of some type.

Okay, improvement needed

ProsPay is okay. Training opportunities are okay. Teamwork and patient care are a major plus. Staff in ICU care and work together

ConsThe benefit package could be much better

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, sometimes we have good ideas and since we are on the front line, we could possibly have a better point of view to offer

Worked for Prince George's Hospital Center? Contribute to the Community!