PrincetonOne

Updated October 30, 2014
2.9

CEO

Good company

I have been working at PrincetonOne full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Seems to care about their people, saw this first hand when one of our staff had some tragic things happen and they came in and helped out the family. Some larger companies didn't do anything, what a shame.

Cons

Wish they spent more time building and keeping data currant. We're using old information, seems like they could spend a little money on that.

Poor leadership, negative and demanding culture, no opportunity for professional development & dated technology

I worked at PrincetonOne full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are currently no pros to working for this division.

Cons

I joined PrincetonOne RPO several years ago, at a time when the company was known as a leader in the staffing industry. They truly cared about their employees, providing ongoing training, new career paths and unique incentives. Employees had a voice, and were excited to share new ideas that positively impacted the organization. Over the past few years the management team has changed for the worst, drastically impacting what was once a positive, creative and fun atmosphere. The current leadership team micromanages and operates on a no tolerance policy, meaning that there is no room to learn from mistakes and develop professionally. The culture is extremely demanding and prevents employees from openly sharing new ideas.

As the cost of living increases, the pay rate for RPO employees remains below market average. Annual reviews and merit increases cease to exist, and bonuses are unattainable. The leadership team is aware of the problem but turns a cheek as talented employees with an average of 3-5+ years’ tenure leave for better opportunities.

While similar RPOs are thriving, the PrincetonOne RPO division is struggling to stay afloat. HRO Today included PrincetonOne RPO in only one category out of eight in 2014. This category was for Mid-Market Leaders, and they ranked 8/9. PrincetonOne RPO’s specialty is Healthcare, which is a category that they were not considered for. The staffing industry continues to evolve, yet PrincetonOne RPO lacks the ability to remain current on new technology and industry trends, and places no value on employees.

Poor management, Cut-throat, no hearts or conscience

I worked at PrincetonOne full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I do not see any pros to working for this organization.

Cons

These are people who will lie, steal, cheat, to get what they want.

MRI Owners beware - This company and C-level management will approach you to buy your recruiting franchise and then get rid of your top performers who they believe are paid too much.

Company that has many offices which all operate differently.

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter

I have been working at PrincetonOne full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Access to owner and not lots of rules.

Cons

Pay, lack of leadership, no true review process

Great company

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Clemente, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Clemente, CA

I have been working at PrincetonOne part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Easy to work with employees, great learning environment, have freedom to approach projects your own way.

Cons

Some of the work can be extremely tedious.

Keep teaching employees to be better

The Recruiting Company to watch

Current Employee - Recruiting in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Recruiting in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at PrincetonOne full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great leadership and vision, focus on customer satisfaction, great staff members, continuous improvement

Cons

Cannot accept all business opportunities

Keep heading in the current direction

Best of the Best

I have been working at PrincetonOne

Pros

PrincetonOne offers great support for success including the tools necessary to reach recruiting goals. The product mix allows for multiple money making opportunities.

Cons

The company does not have a set on boarding process for training program, however information is available for self starters.

Consider a proactive planning and strategy program for business development in Executive Search to maximize growth and individual contributor development.

A fair yet unbalanced work experience

I worked at PrincetonOne

Pros

Autonomy and independence to pursue new business opportunities

Cons

Limited tools and support for pursuing new business opportunities.

Provide support and tools needed for development of new business opportunities.

Great when the numbers are up, But!

Former Employee - Account Executive/Recruiter
    Former Employee - Account Executive/Recruiter

I worked at PrincetonOne

Pros

Professional envioronment, ethical and honest, I was rarely if ever asked to do something I was not comfortable with and my values are quite strict.

Cons

A change in ownership brought a change in philosophy for top management. Originally when MRI owned the company they were very good at "stroking our ego's" and when on strait commission you really need someone that can say "thank you" and were willing to pick you up when down. New management has more of a "what have you done for me lately " and "you are lucky to work here". I just could not handle the change. Does not make it a bad place to work. Just not for me.

I was quite clear what my thoughts are while I was still with PrincetonOne and that was one key reason I no longer work there.