Principal Financial Group

www.principal.com
  www.principal.com

Principal Financial Group Reviews in Atlanta, GA

4.0

Principal Financial Group Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer Larry D. Zimpleman
Larry D. Zimpleman

Pros
  • The pay and benefits are very good, with an excellent work-life balance to boot (in 43 reviews)

• Great benefits, which is nice because salaries are less than annual averages (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Parking is a little ways away since we're located in downtown Des Moines (in 12 reviews)

• Salary is on the high side of mediocre, other companies will pay more but Principal tries to make up for it with a flexible work environment (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

They support success and invest in your training

Former Employee - Financial Services Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Financial Services Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Principal Financial Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Principal Financial Group is a great insurance and investments company. They have a good corporate culture and everyone - from support staff to underwriting, lead generation, marketing, and division leads - will go out of their way to help you become a success. The benefits are very good and the opportunities are almost endless.

Cons

If you are entering the financial services market for the first time, as a sales representative, then you may become one of many who enter the field and decide to move on. It takes a special person to survive and thrive in a commission's only position. Few do. It doesn't matter what your college degree was, or what your career path has been, if you can understand and explain the product, understand what the clients/prospects are looking for, ask for and get the sale, and provide fabulous customer service, you can make it. There are those who are mega-successes who once were teachers, actors/stuntmen, etc. And there are those with business degrees who don't know how to sell or maintain relationships with clients. It all depends on the individual. It's just a high turnover industry.

And by the way, I stayed for only 18 months before I knew I wasn't meant for a Financial Services Representative (sales) position. But that doesn't negate how good of a company Principal Financial Group is.

Exited the Medical Marked too soon.

Current Employee - Sales Support Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Support Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Principal Financial Group

Pros

Principal is a very conservative and ethical company

Cons

I was downsized because Principal exited the Medical Market, along with about 1500 other employees.

I believe we should have stayed in the medical business for at least another year. It was a bad idea to be the first carrier to exit the business because of Obama care.

Principal is a top place to work!

Current Employee - Senior Relationship Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Relationship Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Principal Financial Group

Pros

Principal strives to give it's employees a great work/life balance. They see their employees as their greatest asset.

Cons

Employees who have been with the company a long time or have never worked anywhere but the Principal sometimes don't see the larger picture.

Keep up the great work. It's a great company and a great place to work.

Principal Financial Group Photos