Principal Marketing

Updated Apr 1, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Best Opportunity Available

Event Coordinator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Principal Marketing full-time for less than a year

ProsThis is for the individual who is looking for a career, not just another job. I have been with the company for eight months, and I have learned more about myself both personally and professionally than I ever could have imagined. I have developed a skill set that can be translated into every aspect of my life and career. I have learned to represent and promote a range of clients directly to the end consumer, manage teams of people and balance that with personal time, as well as have the opportunity to travel to several other markets and demographics to effectively create brand awareness for various clients. I have found this position to be an exceptional career choice for myself because I love working with and meeting new people. I'm also attracted to the quick growth and development within the company, and could not imagine sitting complacently behind a desk every day.

ConsThis company is not for the individual who is looking for a 9-5 job for the next forty years. Things move very quickly and change day to day. Anyone who is not flexible, or not excited about a fast-paced environment would not be a good fit. In addition, there is no micro-management structure, so this wouldn't be the right place for someone looking to punch a clock and be given a to-do list every day.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management would be to be more selective in the interview process. This career path isn't for everyone, and that's ok. Some people are better suited for an office-type roll!

Stay away from PM

I have been working at Principal Marketing full-time for less than a year

ProsPeople were nice enough. You learn some valuable skills for your career.

Cons-Crappy Pay.
-An environment that embraces phoney enthusiasm.
- You have to stand around a Sam's Club, pushing crappy products.
- High School like cliques are formed with the top sales people and management.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop selling snake oil

Worst place I ever worked

Entry Level Marketing (Former Employee)

I worked at Principal Marketing full-time for less than a year

ProsYou'll be excited cause you think you have a job. They don't make you come back into the office at night.

ConsStanding in SAMS club for hours selling knives or rubbing peoples wrists with handcream. You only make $30 of what you sell - try doing that math when you're selling @20 plastic lamps. You'll work til 8 pm, spend an hour counting the crap you didn't sell and then have to call your "leader" to break down the day.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo out of business. This company is a sham.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Experience of a life time

Brand Ambassador (Former Employee)
Glen Ellyn, IL

I worked at Principal Marketing full-time for more than a year

ProsYou grain a valuable skill set that can be applied to any career in the future in a short amount of time. I worked there for a year and learned to manage people, conduct interviews and gained confidence in my self which proved to be invaluable when searching for my current career in international business. Their morning meetings were positive and started my day with a postive note, something I miss at my new job. The people were inviting and encouraging every step of the way.

ConsMy feet hurt for the first week but nothing some good insoles couldn't take care of and to be honest I was on my feet more huffing it to my classes in college.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut people lose, some people just don't have a good work ethic or the student mentality for a challenging job, nor the accountability, I know the program is designed to help people gain a valuable skill set and offer a great opportunity but some people just don't have what it takes.

It's not for everyone.

Entry Level Marketing (Former Employee)

I worked at Principal Marketing full-time for less than a year

ProsGood opportunity if you want to start your own marketing business and need to gain a lot of know how and experience quickly. Staff is pretty friendly and outgoing. Office environment is fun and upbeat. You gain a lot of product knowledge and overall business knowledge.

ConsLong work hours which are not always worth the pay. A lot of traveling and the gas compensation is minimal. Based on performance, so if you aren't good at selling, you probably won't make it far with this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be a bigger return for the effort put in. It might work out so in the long run, but only for a few people who want to specifically own a marketing business. For the rest it's not really anything but an opportunity for some experience in the field.

HORRIBLE WASTE OF TIME.

Sales (Former Employee)
Glen Ellyn, IL

I worked at Principal Marketing part-time for less than a year

Pros* Positive morning meetings
But its just about how you can see a positive view of how to make more sales.

*They teach you the tricks to make people buy the products you will be selling

Cons*They will turn you in to a cookie cut android to repeat and repeat the same lines for 6 to 8 hrs
*You will be working on your feet all day
*After working here for 1 month you will be done with all the growth you can in this company
*You are force to go to an early morning meeting then go to your home and work at 2pm
*After you leave work, they will keep calling you during your free time
*their pay is 8.25 and hour OR Commission of 18% but its divided between the whole people working that booth
WARNING:
they will pay 8.25 and hour or commission they said like 100$ a day but with the commissions are just so low you will be working your day off to make that amount so is extremely hard.
*You will feel that is a very sad environment for people to work I kite honestly felt it was the worst place I have work at I saw a guy who is in his 30 he was married and had a kid all I felt for him was sadness how can he make any $ for his wife and kids.
This job is for teenagers not University Grad. I felt sad for a lot of people there.
*Its a very humiliated job for people
they will take your whole day!!!
Normal day example:
Tuesday go to meeting 8am! get up at 6am to get ready because they force you to use a full suit to the meeting or full Business professional for women.
Meeting starts at 8am finish by 9:15 - 9:30 am then either A or B option

Option A:
Go Change clothing to normal clothes wear so you can sell in Sam Costco etc. Soaps, Flat hair irons and give sample of food. start working from 10 till 4-8pm

After you leave you have to talk to 3 people on the phone to see how the sales went.

Option B:
After meeting go home 3hrs the go start work 2pm till night. and get up early next day to go to a force meeting! its ridiculous!!!!!
and of course they call after once you are at home.

Personally I have never felt like I felt in this job before, just so sad and angry after work

8.25$ AN HOUR AND THEY EXPECT YOU TO SHOW EVERY MORNING IN NICE SUITS...
Very ridiculous

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employers more money like 12$ hour you are expecting them to show in suits give them enough so they can afford them.

Worked for Principal Marketing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Principal Marketing reviews and ratings. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Principal Marketing employees.