Priority Express

Be The First To
Add Photos

Kerry Johnson

where's the money

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Priority Express full-time

Prosflexibility, freedom to refuse jobs that don't make sense

Consthey messed company by hiring many inexperienced drivers

Advice to Senior Managementstyle up

No one is this desperate

Courier/Driver (Current Employee)
Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Priority Express as a contractor for less than a year

ProsThey'll hire anyone with a pulse

ConsUnless you're lucky enough to receive a route, the work they offer is terrible and sporadic, between the lack of fuel reimbursement, the low payment (only paid for parts of a trip where package is in your hands), and the ridiculously long list of fees, you'll be lucky to even break even with what it costs you to keep driving the first few weeks.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe fact that your turnover rate is so high that you need to add new drivers through your orientations on a weekly basis probably says something about how terrible the job is.

Stay away from this company! Total Pyramid scam

Courier (Current Employee)

I have been working at Priority Express full-time

ProsThere are no pros with this company

ConsDispatchers give all the work to a couple people and then give all the garbage to the rest of the drivers. This company is a SCAM!!! They hire new drivers every week then charge them at least a couple hundred dollars before they hit the street. Dispatchers give them some good work for the first week but once they find out the fraud that goes on they quit and get no check because they owe the company money. Company knows this and keeps hiring people knowing they will make money off the driver and the customer.

Every chance the company gets they change the rate we are paid without even telling us Fuel surcharge!
If u tell them ur not working they stick u with junk work or say its slow when u come back.
Routes are a joke, the dispatchers tell u one thing to get u to do the route then when your paid for it your on your own because the company then pays u what they want. Total scam!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice they know what there doing, stealing from the driver every chance they get!

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No Health Ins, No Retirement, Lie to your car insurance

Courier (Former Employee)

I worked at Priority Express full-time for more than 3 years

ProsUmm thinking. Still thinking. I give up.

ConsNo Health Ins, No retirement, No taxes taken out of check, you better lie to your car insurance company cause they will raise the roof on your premiums if they know you are a courier. Priority even suggested I don't tell them the truth!

100% real examples of working for priority:
I got paid 72 cents per loaded mile - loaded means I made my pickup and am getting paid for the distance travelled to drop off point.
You get paid nothing when you have nothing in your car or are travelling to a pickup whether it's 1 mile away or 40 miles away.
I pickup a job after parking and walking to where I need to go - typically hospitals are involved and a lot of walking is required.
If I am forced to pay for parking PRIORITY DOES NOT REIMBURSE ME.
If I travel through 1 or 10 tolls in a day PRIORITY DOES NOT REIMBURSE ME.
If I am stuck in rush hour traffic I go slower and get paid less.
If I get stuck for any reason I make less money and you will get stuck in tons of bad situations over the course of time.
Bad weather? Snow, Ice, or torrential rain? Too bad you get paid less by driving slower or get paid nothing by calling out.
40 hour work week? Hysterically laughing, not at Priority Express
You are asked to work 10 hour days 5 days a week! And you never work 10 hour days cause you last job may be done at 10.5 hours or 11 hours and then you have to travel home which could be dozens more miles of driving.

Priority says they have routes available! Since when? THEY DO NOT HAVE ROUTES AVAILABLE except once in a long while. I tried and tried to get one, never happened. I did cover a few routes though. And route drivers never get pay increases whether they work 6 months or 6 years on a route. Yeah and rush work drivers never get raises either. 72 cents a loaded mile has been in effect for years and years.

The fuel surcharge is just a word they like to use to make you think your gas money is covered. Well it's not covered too well, in fact very sparse. Real example of fuel surcharge:
You drive 325 total miles today.
183 miles were loaded.
183 times 72 cents equals $131.76
8% fuel surcharge adds $10.54 gas money.
You just got $10.54 for 325 miles driven on the day! Sound good?
That can barely get you 3 gallons of gas.
HOnestly if you average 25 mpg and used 13 gallons of gas at say $3.50 per gallon, you burned $45.50 in gas plus $15 in tolls for a total of $60.50
Ohh yeah you racked up $15 in tolls too, they don't pay you for that!

So lets do a gand total:
Earned $131.76 in jobs
Earned $10.54 in fuel surcharge
Spent $45.50 in gas
Spent $15 in tolls
Total earned: $142.30
Total Spent: $60.50
Gross for the day: $81.80
You worked 11 hours (very easy to do)
You earned $7.44 an hour

Did you spend some money on food or drink during those 11 hours? You earned less. Did you spend on parking? You earned less. Is your vehicle closer to needing more miaintenance like tires, fluids, brakes, belts, hoses, you earned less.

Your vehicle will take a massive beating while working for Priority, count on it!

At least once per year you will be asked to do more work while still getting paid the same rate. Every single change that comes down to the driver and how he handles the job involves asking you to do more which takes more time and you have to work harder to earn less money. There wil be changes from time to time and you will not like it.

And some jobs pay less then 72 cents per mile because certain clients that priority works with have lower paying contracts. Isn't that nice?

You will see new faces constantly because people do not stick around long at this job when they realize the truth. I didn't even cover everything just gave you a taste.

Here is another taste, you will be asked to work each and every holiday, I mean every single one. I mean they are open 24 hrs 7 days 365 days per year. What did you expect?

Better shove out more money for a road service company for when you breakdown.

And one final taste for you
You must pay a program fee of over $28 a week. This fee is for workers comp and will cost you give or take $1,500 a year. Not one penny of taxes are taken out of your check because you are an independent contractor so you better pay the governement at some point during the year and pay social security also. You got the discipline to do that?

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter hope potential workers do not read this fact filled review! Look at the competition thy pay more money and pay tolls! Your route sheets are way to complex and the tickets drivers have to write up for each and every job are poorly constructed. The work database used on your cellphones? Well it has issues.

So far So Good

Business Development Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Priority Express

ProsGreat Hours. Management here is very helpful. They answer all your questions. If you have to call off last minute they work with. Absoultely great place to be an employee.

ConsBenefits are kinda high in price, but thats not the companies fault its Obama's fault that they are not able to afford healthcare

Advice to Senior ManagementYou guys are running a great crew keep it up! Just start expanding to a larger territory to take down competitors

A waste of time, and MONEY!

Vendor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Priority Express

ProsWill hire just about anyone with a pulse. Does not take any kind of credentials to work for company. Hiring process is quick

ConsHorrible management
Dispatchers and managers will manipulate, and threaten you.
Pay is absolutely horrible; 72 cents per loaded mile for cars, 90 cents for trucks.
You are an independent contractor, but management will treat you like your an employee on THEIR terms.
They will make you drive in inclement weather .
They do not care about their drivers at all

On site individual at contracted location. Supervises independent contractor drivers.

Lead Vendor (Former Employee)
Edison, NJ

I worked at Priority Express

ProsThe drivers are respectful and the contracted location that I worked at was always helpful and understanding when needed. Dispatchers at base were helpfull when they had time to be. To be honest, there are not many good reasons to work at this company.

ConsHorrible management. Period. The operations manager looks out for no one but himself and person immediately below him. Drivers, the back bone of the company, mean nothing to the dispatchers or management. Racial favoritism is practiced consistently by dispatchers when handing out jobs, and the dispatchers frequently push responsibilities onto the Lead Vendor which are not part of the job description. Good work is almost never complimented by management. The Lead Vendor position is also a misclassified independent contractor position as per the New Jersey State Department of Labor and Workforce development.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your drivers more professionally, without them you would not have a company. Get your act in line or just get out of the business altogether.

Courier Driver

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Priority Express

ProsThe company provided the vehicles

ConsRate of pay was too low

Worked for Priority Express? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Priority Express reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Priority Express CEO Kerry Johnson. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Priority Express employees.