Priory Group

Updated September 19, 2014
Updated September 19, 2014
2.4

Tom Riall

Amazing development opportunity, working with really talented people

Current Employee - Human Resources Professional  in  Worcester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Human Resources Professional in Worcester, England (UK)

I have been working at Priory Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The work undertaken by the company is fantastic, allowing the people we support to achieve outcomes personal to them. For me, every day is different and there are always new challenges to increase my knowledge and skills. I have been supported by my managers to develop my career and realise my potential which in turn allows me to support the people who work within our business.

Cons

The roles within the Group can be challenging, with long hours, however the rewards are well worth it!

Ensure you continue to maximise the skills and potential of your staff teams as they are the heart of the company.

Working for this company still gives me nightmares 2 years after leaving!

Former Employee - Health Care Assistant  in  Bristol, CT
    Former Employee - Health Care Assistant in Bristol, CT

I worked at Priory Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Met some of the hardest working and resilient staff I have ever had the ensure to work with! That's all I can think of...

Cons

Not sure where to start with this... worked at the Priory Hospital Bristol for almost two years - most definitely the worst years of my work life. This place has left me damaged not only professionally but also on a personal level.

The appalling management and treatment of their employees is beyond any body's comprehension.... It is so bad that it's actually impossible to describe. You have to live it to believe it and even then you will be questioning your mind thinking am I the crazy one here or is the whole hospital mad?

surprised how they're still open and running.....

Nothing will change if the management remains the same... just go away and bring new people in with some brain and management skills.... Please!!!!!

Helping our people change lives

Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Manager

I have been working at Priory Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Every day brings new and exciting challenges to help our people make a difference to the lives of those we care for. Front line staff support and help one another, go the extra mile, and are given opportunities to learn every day.

Cons

Not for the feint hearted, constant challenge of the work tests people's emotional and physical resolve. Need to recognise and invest more in our people; this is a people business who help people.

Recognise and invest more in people's wellbeing to help them cope better with the challenges of the role. Give them more resources and support to continue to do a great job.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Making a difference

Current Employee - Human Resources  in  Leicester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Leicester, England (UK)

I have been working at Priory Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working with people that transform the lives of others on a daily basis is a really rewarding opportunity. Employees are proud to work for the company. Its a reallt exciting time to join the business while it transitions through change.

Cons

Opportunity to really bring some traditional process's into the new world of working. As you would expect with any healthcare industry there is allot going on which requires dedication and long hours to be able to deliver whats expected.

Listen more to the people at the coal face.

Bank Support Worker and an international student at Rookery Hove

Former Employee - Bank Support Worker  in  Hove, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Bank Support Worker in Hove, England (UK)

I worked at Priory Group part-time for less than a year

Pros

I liked working with service users and other temporary staff. I liked the salary and the location. Flexible work time was also good. Support from ither was fine too. Lots of training opportunities.

Cons

There is no even standards for all bank staff especially when it comes to working hours. Also, shifts timetable would sometimes arrive quite late and at the last moment.

They should maybe give everyone same number of working hours, also planning shifts in advance would be great.

Worked for Priory Group? Contribute to the Community!