Priory Group

Updated November 28, 2014
Updated November 28, 2014
4.3

Tom Riall

An agile, professional and dedicated organisation, with the patients and Service Users genuinely at the heart of it.

Current Employee - Business Development in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Business Development in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Priory Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Have been with the Healthcare Division for nearly 2 months and have been impressed by every site that I have visited. The quality of the clinical teams, the sites, the rehabilitation and treatment programming, the engagement of the management and the attention to detail - is all impressive, and in the face of delivering care to some of the most challenging individuals. People work hard and work as teams, and they make real strides in whichever direction they are going.

Lots of internal opportunity if you want to progress or change roles. And if you stick your hand up for responsibility, you'll probably be given it!

Cons

Do not come and work here if you are looking for a laid-back, easy 9-5 job. The team ethic is based on everyone pulling together and if you are not part of it, you will stick out! The organisation is growing rapidly and the onus is on the individual to take responsibility for themselves, which can leave some individuals feeling unsupported. That said, everyone is keen to support, you only need ask for it.

Consider having an internal careers service or scheme, that can advise and mentor individuals as to where they might go and how they can work towards getting there. In fact, a formalised coaching/mentoring process would be a very good idea and could make a big difference in helping every employee feeling supported.

Working for this company still gives me nightmares 2 years after leaving!

Former Employee - Health Care Assistant in Bristol, CT
    Former Employee - Health Care Assistant in Bristol, CT

I worked at Priory Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Met some of the hardest working and resilient staff I have ever had the ensure to work with! That's all I can think of...

Cons

Not sure where to start with this... worked at the Priory Hospital Bristol for almost two years - most definitely the worst years of my work life. This place has left me damaged not only professionally but also on a personal level.

The appalling management and treatment of their employees is beyond any body's comprehension.... It is so bad that it's actually impossible to describe. You have to live it to believe it and even then you will be questioning your mind thinking am I the crazy one here or is the whole hospital mad?

surprised how they're still open and running.....

Nothing will change if the management remains the same... just go away and bring new people in with some brain and management skills.... Please!!!!!

Fantastic place to develop your skillset and grow your career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Priory Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The Priory is known for being the leader in Mental Health care. the staff who work there are it's greatest asset, from the cleaners through to the management they all play a big part in what makes the Priory. Plenty of people to meet, grow your network and most importantly learn from.

Cons

It can be extremely challenging, the place demands that you work hard to make a difference, no matter what the role be.

Invest in the people that go over and above what they are paid to do. The company is full of very good staff that all believe so much in what they do, recognition is key to development.

A challenging environment but the rewards are worth it

Current Employee - Nurse in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Nurse in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Priory Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great team with lots of support on offer. The choices of ward really attracted me to Roehampton, the opportunities to work with different client groups within one hospital site means I can professionally develop my skills after qualifying within one organisation and hoepfuly progress my nursing career. You are encouraged to make suggestions about what could make your working life better and my manager really listens to us as a team.

Cons

The work itself is emotionally challenging and working longs days can be hard but I am actually able to nurse so I can see people getting better which does make it worthwhile.

Do some more follow up sessions with the new starters when they have been here for a while as a sort of follow on to their induction

Priory Group Response

Nov 24, 2014Head of Recruitment

We really appreciate you taking time to review. Your feedback is appreciated.

Recently we have engaged new starters in welcome interviews to help understand how we can improve our induction
    ... More

A forward thinking company who keeps both staff and service users at the heart of it's ethos.

Current Employee - Human Resources Associate - Projects in Leicester, England (UK)

I have been working at Priory Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fantastic opportunity to progress through the Healthcare sector, career progression and employee engagement is at the heart company values. The company pay-scales and benefits are continuously improved to make them relevant and appropriate for the growing business.

Cons

Many of our sites operate in challenging environments and staff are dedicated to the welfare of all our service users. I am proud to work for a business which makes such a difference to so many vulnerable people across the UK.

Harmonisation of company Ts &Cs to ensure equality across the workforce

Great variety ;

I have been working at Priory Group

Pros

Respectful and genuine team members/ colleagues wherever you go. Practically no organisational politics and a great focus on patient care.

Cons

Long shifts. Not always great at the communication when making changes.

Keep focus on developing managers so they can manage the day to day challenges they face.

Transforming Lives

I have been working at Priory Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Proud to be part of something that makes a real difference to people's lives and proud to be able to support our employees who do this on a daily basis. No day is ever the same and I get to work with a great team who want to do a really good job.

Cons

Not an easy industry - dedication is needed in order to continually push to do the best we can.

Make more time to ackowlegde the hard work of all employees, both operational and support services.

Amazing development opportunity, working with really talented people

Current Employee - Human Resources Professional in Worcester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Human Resources Professional in Worcester, England (UK)

I have been working at Priory Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The work undertaken by the company is fantastic, allowing the people we support to achieve outcomes personal to them. For me, every day is different and there are always new challenges to increase my knowledge and skills. I have been supported by my managers to develop my career and realise my potential which in turn allows me to support the people who work within our business.

Cons

The roles within the Group can be challenging, with long hours, however the rewards are well worth it!

Ensure you continue to maximise the skills and potential of your staff teams as they are the heart of the company.

Helping our people change lives

Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Manager

I have been working at Priory Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Every day brings new and exciting challenges to help our people make a difference to the lives of those we care for. Front line staff support and help one another, go the extra mile, and are given opportunities to learn every day.

Cons

Not for the feint hearted, constant challenge of the work tests people's emotional and physical resolve. Need to recognise and invest more in our people; this is a people business who help people.

Recognise and invest more in people's wellbeing to help them cope better with the challenges of the role. Give them more resources and support to continue to do a great job.

Making a difference

I have been working at Priory Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working with people that transform the lives of others on a daily basis is a really rewarding opportunity. Employees are proud to work for the company. Its a reallt exciting time to join the business while it transitions through change.

Cons

Opportunity to really bring some traditional process's into the new world of working. As you would expect with any healthcare industry there is allot going on which requires dedication and long hours to be able to deliver whats expected.

Listen more to the people at the coal face.

Priory Group Photos