Prism Microsystems

2.9

Ananth N Ananth

ok

I have been working at Prism Microsystems

Pros

It is an ok workplace

Cons

it is an ok workplace

Cannot wait from a greener pasture

I have been working at Prism Microsystems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

flexible atmosphere. Freedom to work hard or not work at all

Cons

This place from the day I joined has really been a complete joke. It is like working in a third world country. It is like living in the class system in India. The two at the top think they are the ones who created to world. Guess what guys. You are both have no idea how to run a business. We are not an American based company. Our source code is not developed here in the United States.

All people are created equal. You have no higher position in life than anyone other human being. Shame on you both.

Great place to work! Stimulating environment

I worked at Prism Microsystems

Pros

I did some consulting at Prism for client software training and found it a wonderful place to work. Both owners give you a great deal of independence while creating a collaborative environment to work together. The were lenient with hours and everyone there was super friendly. They were very diligent about keeping everyone in the loop.

Cons

None really, would definitely reccomend this company.

Management led very well, just keep up what you're doing.

Wonderful learning experience and Great people!

Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Prism Microsystems as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

- The work was more hands on than I was expecting. Even as an intern, I felt like the work I was doing was really making a difference.
    - very flexible and understanding

Cons

I do not believe there are any cons. You have to work hard like any other job, but the people are great.

The only advice I would give is to spruce up the office a bit. Although, over the years, they have been doing this already.

a great experience from a great product

Current Employee - Product Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Prism Microsystems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company is marketing great security software. Way ahead from the competition. I started as engineer and soon took responsibility of product management. Learned a lot and progressed a lot. management was very supporting. It is a small company so I could contribute in many different areas. Very family kind of atmosphere

Cons

A small company so they are subject to up and down cycle. Only several employees do lot of work. They need to hire more people

Great product. They need to get some venture funding to compete with bigger companies. Need more seasoned sales people

Great Company to work for

Former Employee - Bookkeeper in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Bookkeeper in Columbia, MD

I worked at Prism Microsystems part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great family oriented company to work for. I was offered a promotion after one year of service. Great work life balance. Management trust their employee. There is no micromanagement because they believe in their employees. My overall experience is very positive.

Cons

Commuting was an issue. I had to find a job close to home.

Have a better communication with your employees. Have a employee's development plan and help employee achieve the goal.

A Great Environment, Great People and a Great Product

Former Employee - Director of Marketing in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Director of Marketing in Columbia, MD

I worked at Prism Microsystems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

After working for Prism Microsystems for 2 ½ years, I would have to say it is a positive, friendly environment. , the CEO cares about his people, and has a very keen business mind! He and the engineering team have put together the best SIEM solution bar none! It is an environment where you can present your ideas, spar with the CTO, another key ingredient to Prism’s success, joke, and not worry about getting in trouble. The entire team is friendly and get their jobs done. At Prism you have access to anyone without being micromanaged. It is an open door policy at all levels, and the CEO and CTO will often stop by just to say “hi”. I highly recommend them as a family and a company!

Cons

Being based in Columbia, MD, they are far from the place I lived and I had a 50 mile commute. Sorry, I just couldn't live in MD.

Keep doing what you are doing and expand vertical marketing efforts

Totally misrepresented themselves

I worked at Prism Microsystems full-time

Pros

Very good benefits package, but that is not enough to make up for many pitfalls. They don't give many more options towards a positive review. The staff IS friendly.

Cons

Where to begin? Prism is a small Indian based and owned company pretending to be an American based, owned and operated business. Two owners, not on the same page, not sure what direction they want the company to go. They mislead customers as to what support they can and will offer. They misrepresent the amount of expertise they can bring to the table, and the main product they market can't compete with the major players in the arena in any level except price. It's hard to install, hard to use, and requires a large lead time to learn. The VP of marketing has a problem with honesty and that may be a result of a major problem with substance abuse that he is successfully hiding from the ownership team.

Frustrating

Former Employee - Sales in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Sales in Columbia, MD

I worked at Prism Microsystems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A couple nice people! Not much more I can say about Pros.

Cons

Poor management, no product training, misrepresentation of product and company to new hires and to customers. Favorite saying of CEO is he prefers to let you go by 'shooting you in the back' taking you by surprise need I say more.

Train your employees and you are working in the United States not India. You need to follow U.S. rules. United States citizens are not lazy by the way.

Unless you are desperate for a paycheck, avoid this company.

Former Employee - Executive Sales in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Executive Sales in Columbia, MD

I worked at Prism Microsystems

Pros

- There are a few wonderful people that work there.
    - Easy going work hours

Cons

- Owners, Sales Leadership, Engineering, and Marketing are grossly under-qualified to grow this company.
    - There is no concept of promotion, bonuses, raises, or even praise.
    - There is a severe lack of vision from management. There is no "end game".
    - There is poor communication amongst all groups withing the company.
    - All ideas - outside of those from the owners - are completely ignore, regardless of merit.
    - Finally, the software is becoming increasingly buggy and fails to work properly.

- This is now becoming a difficult technology to sell and you do not have any support from engineering or marketing.

My advise is to step away from the operations of the company. You started a company at the right time with the right ideas. The market has changed and your concepts of how to grow a company are not sufficient. You need to hire a Business Manager, a Sales and Marketing VP that are familiar with the industry, and a Product Manager that can manage the development of the software according to your customers' requirements.