Prism Microwave

Updated Jul 31, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Zero micro-managing with the freedom to design and innovate without jumping through hoops

Engineer (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsOnce you've gained the trust of management you have the freedom to design how you want to design. This means you have to be a self-motivated, hard worker. If you've shown you can do a good job and worked long hours during a very busy time, management has absolutely no problem giving you an extra day off. I've worked long hours before and put in my vacation requests only to see my supervisor not even hand it in so they don't go on my record. When the company is doing well I've gotten very lucrative bonuses, and when the company is struggling they still gave what they could. In the 6 years I have been here I've moved up the ladder consistently. As a young engineer the senior engineers are very knowledgeable and have no qualms trying to teach you everything they know. It is a very friendly work environment and consider most coworkers as part of my family.

ConsPeople that need to have their hand held at all times will not do well here. Management doesn't try to tell you how to design and you shouldn't be telling them how to manage. It is a small business so sometimes you may have to help out production or with another project that isn't yours, but management always notices this and you will be compensated.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your open door policy as you always have, and there shouldn't be any spineless individuals going to anonymous review websites to voice their opinions.

Poorly managed, unsuccessful company

Engineer (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

Prosfreedom, lax environment, can drink beer at lunch (that's actually not a good thing b/c ppl get drunk, then come back from lunch... but, whatever)

ConsPoor oversight, poor management. Business is ran based on extreme paranoia of competition - to the point that the coo opted to withhold marketing products on our website for fear that their competitors will then know what products they are developing. Lots of incompetent engineers with poor work ethic, particularly the senior engineers. Management has a poor understanding of business. No chance to move up.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake better care of your employees. Even small things like company bbq (not just the once-a-year on you do), small bonuses, could go a long ways. Also, reward employees for addt'l work with a small bonus or an extra day off. Also, don't like to your employee candidates - for example, don't tell them they'll have an opportunity to travel when they won't.

Worked for Prism Microwave? Contribute to the Community!