Prithvi Catalytic

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Watch Out Company Coming Down

I have been working at Prithvi Catalytic full-time

ProsWhen the company was going good it was good!! In the height of the company they were going in the right direction. Employees were glad to work for Prithvi Catalytic.

ConsIf you don't pay your employees on time why would they want to work for you. Not making sure the insurance is up and running is another reason not to work for this company. Have to ask how much long is this company going to be running.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees on time and have benefits available when needed.

I worked for them for about 5 months, the worst rep I ever worked with.

Lad Test Tech (Former Employee)
Redmond, WA

I worked at Prithvi Catalytic as a contractor for less than a year

ProsI can't really think of anything.

ConsLack of communication, under pay, old equipment.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire that rep.

Nepotism

Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at Prithvi Catalytic full-time for more than a year

ProsGood place to learn recruiting and staffing industry

Consthey only hire the VP's buddies who are not sales people; they do not know how to sell services or staffing. they promoted the bosses best friend's boyfriend even though he had the lowest amount of hires than anyone

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a leader that knows how to hire real sales people not just your buddies.

Prithvi Catalytic: Leaving it was the best thing I've ever done with the company

Bellevue, WA

I worked at Prithvi Catalytic full-time for less than a year

Pros- a "foot in the door" into recruiting and the tech industry
- I was always well fed and caffienated via the breakroom

Cons- "Used Car Salesman" pretty much sums up the tactics management encourages with recruiters working with candidates. Smarmy, high-pressure sales style to strongarm candidates into the lowest wage for less-than-stellar tech contract work.
- No trust between management and recruiting staff. It didn't take long for us to realize that the managers, who are so good at talking candidates into lower wages, likely did the same with us when we were hired. Raises don't happen for at least a year and most recruiters were given only a dollar more per hour, regardless of how stellar they were.
- Your daily routine involved sitting in a cubicle looking at resumes that people had posted on career sites and cold calling people to talk them into letting you submit their resume for a job. You can guess how easy those conversations were. They weren't. The calling was followed up by email spamming.
- To make bad candidates seem better we were encouraged to "prep" them for interviews and redo their resumes for them. Now that I work in a real company, I see how wrong this actually is.
- Employee reviews are a joke. Almost all employees "scored" the same overall marks. It was obvious that they were careful not to make anyone feel like they were doing too good of a job lest we feel we are entitled to better pay and treatment. Every compliment seems to be doled out with two negatives, usually related to how we aren't "producing enough" or being "assertive" with our cadidates.
- In my time there, I surmised that it takes a LOT to actually get fired from there, but my incentive to become a rock star producer was only to keep management off my back, not because I thought I would actually be rewarded/compensated/promoted for doing more.
- They hired some truly incompetent recruiters, and it was frustrating that we were all basically treated as if we were incomptent. There seemed to be no value for smart and motivated people.
- Account managers were generally miserable to work with. There was a general "thats just they way they are" attitidue if anyone were to question why they were so brusque, dismissive and critical of the recruiters they worked with. By far my most negative interpersonal interactions were with account managers.
- I didn't see anyone promote in my time there, but I found it suspect that the only two people I can think of that did get promoted there had close personal ties with management.
- Management talked openly about how much money the company made each month. I'm not sure if that in itself is a "con" but they used it to paint a picture of doom and gloom in an effort to make us work harder and tell us it is our fault the company isn't making money. While this fact may have been true. I was never certain on what THEY were doing to help the company make money. . . It was just generally a negative environment.

Advice to Senior Management- Outdated sales-y tactics don't work on today's job force. They know the other options out there and are less likely to fall for them as in the past. Time for a new strategy.
- Treat recruiters as value adding assets. Rebuild the trust.

Very Disappointing Relationship

Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Prithvi Catalytic as a contractor for more than a year

ProsPays well if you negotiate

Cons<1% employee support. no training. no teamwork. every one for himself. no loyalty. no trust. The company operation is nothing more than a temp worker front for Microsoft. It won't advance your career and it is at most a holding pattern while you find something better.

Advice to Senior Managementdevelop relationships with employees through loyalty, honesty and proving you can be trusted.

Not business saavy at all

I worked at Prithvi Catalytic full-time for more than a year

ProsColleagues are great to work with, hours are flexible and salaries are fairly competitive. The working environment internally is positive and lower management treats employees well.

ConsThe CEO at Prithvi has no business acumen at all and drove the company into the ground. The company has filed for bankruptcy and will likely not survive. Internal employees are not respected and are seen as being valuable.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't lie to internal employees and expect them to lie to your clients.

Poor management with very cheap approach

I worked at Prithvi Catalytic full-time

ProsFriendly team . Good training approach. Not bad benefits.

ConsDisrespectful and high head management which hates own employees. No say "hi", "good bye" or "thank you", just you should work more. No paid overtime job. It really looks like some kinda discrimination. "We are everything - you are nothing."

Advice to Senior ManagementChange some managers.

Underpaid Workhorses

I worked at Prithvi Catalytic full-time

Prosco-workers were fantastic and it was nice to have treats in the break room. People at the front desk were friendly

Consthey want the people they can get in the chair for the lowest wage and won't pay more for talented employees. Managers use scare tactics to get employees to meet their numbers and encourage "used car salesman" tactics for recruiters to use on their candidates. They work the absolute WORST positions (ones that get called out to 10+ agencies for short term contracts) so the role is more about competing against other recruiting firms than actually finding a quality hire. A lot of stories abound of empty or broken promises as far as raises, promotions, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuality employees see right thru the smarmy and outdated high-pressue sales tactics you use on your employees and candidates.

Compelled to work on the cheap

Software Test Engineer III (Former Employee)

I worked at Prithvi Catalytic full-time for more than a year

Pros* HR and recruiters are civil, considerate

Cons* Company is in the business of hiring cheap, desperate technical labor for Microsoft.
* They view contractors as disposable entities.
* They recruit people for lowball rates just before unemployment runs out, and you have no choice.
* Almost like slave-catchers

Advice to Senior ManagementChange your business model. Try to care about helping people with their careers rather than just trapping warm bodies in jobs. Don't make people sign documents saying they will not work for anyone else for the next 5 years. It's legally unsupportable, and not everyone recruited for similar positions is required to sign. Don't place experienced people in entry-level grunt jobs. Don't fire people execution-style, it scares people.

One of the best temp agencies in Seattle

Software Test Engineer II (Current Employee)

I have been working at Prithvi Catalytic as a contractor

ProsCompany events (Christmas party, etc)
Free occasional swag
Birthday lunches
Full Health/dental/vision insurance
Decent pay

ConsVery small amount of PTO and Holidays
Nearly no performance feedback (depends on employer as well)
Just barely decent pay

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're doing fantastic job. Increasing the amount of PTO/Observed holidays and pressing MS managers for employee feedback would go a long way and make you the best agency out there!

Worked for Prithvi Catalytic? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Prithvi Catalytic reviews and ratings. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by Prithvi Catalytic employees.