Pro Chem, Inc. Reviews

1. Great Company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, TX

I have been working at Pro Chem, Inc.

Pros

The owners are very supportive and helpful and the office staff is phenomenal. They are dedicated to helping you succeed.

Cons

This is a very competitive market and price is sometimes an issue on the products.

2. BEST COMPANY EVER!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Greenville, NC
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Greenville, NC

I have been working at Pro Chem, Inc.

Pros

Family owned business that really cares about it's employees. The company puts a percentage of your monthly sales amount into an account that you use to buy samples, novelties and get reimbursed for expenses. So, essentially, there is no money out of your pocket. For Rookies, you have a Coach for the first year that supports and guides you. My Coach is AMAZING!. The products are some of the best in the industry and Pro Chem has a money back guarantee. No one does that. The team in the corporate office is always there to help and answer questions. I can't say enough about the support I receive from them. The owners of the company have called me many times to praise me for the week I had or a particular sale. I have been in sales for many years and never had an owner call me to say thank you for doing a great job. Working for Pro Chem is like having my own business with support. There is no limit to the money you can make. I can't say enough about Pro Chem Inc. I would recommend this company to anyone. They are exceptional!

Cons

The beginning is a little tough because the training period is not very long. There is a lot to learn about products, database and reports. However, I know the company is working on a new format for training.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Continue to praise and reward your staff. And keep asking questions from employees. That is the way Pro Chem will continue to change with the times.

3. ONE OF THE BEST COMPANIES I HAVE EVER WORKED FOR!

I have been working at Pro Chem, Inc.

Pros

Pro Chem is a family owned business that allows you to work for yourself but not by yourself. They have great benefits! The products offered are of a superior quality and are used by a wide range of businesses including hospitals, schools, municipalities, manufacturing etc. The owners care about their employees and their families. Since I have been with Pro Chem, they have worked continuously to enhance their training program to help new hires be successful. Not only training at the beginning, but also offering ongoing help such as training seminars, success and motivational books, cds, semi annual meetings with additional training and more.. I have been with Pro Chem for over 10 years and absolutely love my job. I would STRONGLY recommend this company to anyone who is self motivated and wants a long term career.

Cons

As with any company, there are areas that could be improved. However, the owners are always open to suggests to make areas of concern better. Even going so far as to allow the top sales employees to be part of the decision making process. It does take hard work and self motivation but nothing in life that is good comes easy.

5. Account executive

I worked at Pro Chem, Inc. full-time

Pros

Autonomy, be your own boss

Cons

They make you buy your own samples, brochures, even the order pads

Advice to Management

Do more research on what a competitive car allowance looks like and offer a gas card!

Pro Chem, Inc. Response

May 7, 2015 – Recruiter

We appreciate your feedback regarding our sales position. We strive to offer a competitive salary as well as the highest commission rate in the industry and a monthly car allowance. In addition, we ... More

Current Sales Rep - Absolutely the worst company to work for. Unprofessional. Stay away from this place.

Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative in North Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative in North Charleston, SC

I have been working at Pro Chem, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They do offer a small base salary. The base salary is typically around $36,000 which is just enough to pay child care and the remaining household overhead.

Cons

Everything! There is no work life balance. You do not receive a book of business. They expect you to cold call to build every customer. They have business in the territory but allow the office to sale to those individuals so they don't have to pay commission on it. They will tell you that they give you a book of business after six months, but I never received it and I have been working here for three years. What they give you is 10 year old accounts that have not done business with in a decade. They expect you to be at your first stop at 7:30 am and leave your last stop between 4:30pm to 5:00pm. Then you have to go home and do you paperwork which is mostly busy work that is of no importance and apart of the micromanagement. It is very common to have to drive two hours to get to the area that you're working using your personal vehicle. Once you submit paperwork it is around 9:00pm. The commission structure is horrible. You would honestly make twice as much money selling cars and work 20 less hours per week. They are slow to hire and quick to fire! They hired a new guy for a territory in TN in what is one of our slowest times of the season and fired him before he was two weeks in! On his second day the owner of the company called him and told him he was worthless and useless because he hadn't sold anything on his second day. The rookie coach that is assigned to you will call you at all hours of the day and if you do not answer or return the call or text within 5 min they absolutely scold you. My rookie coach would call on a sunday morning while I was in church then scold me for not answering. They have had several staff member in the sales department ruin families. These women flirt and sometimes take it too far and have sex with clients in order to get them to purchase product. Ladies, if I were you I would stay away. This is no place for a true lady.

Advice to Management

Step down and let an actual business minded individual run the company. Too many individuals give a company to their child instead of realizing they need an actual professional.

Unprofessional Company

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Pro Chem, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only good thing from my experience with Pro Chem is that I have learned to research a company before working for them! I am a very dedicated and hard worker that had a successful sales career with my previous company. This company has made several sales representatives mad and this is why I am posting now. The other positive posts are clearly because the company recruited current employees to write for them. Please do your research before accepting a position.

Cons

I was hired in with the company with the understanding that I would receive an account list after six months. I was also told that the previous sales representative left to pursue pharmaceutical sales and that I would have the entire territory.They also will tell you that they will help you. This was all lies! The previous representative was fired after 15 years on Christmas Eve. There is no management team/help in place for each territory. They will give you a rookie coach. If you are lucky, you will have one that will help, I didn't. In fact she told me that she hated coaching! My territory was cherry picked by five other sales representatives. Some didn't even live in my state and upper management could care less. I drove 800-1000 miles a week to find left over scraps. The other thing that is bad about the company is there are no training guidelines in place. It differs between the office, coaches and management. This makes the company look bad to customers. I had to do research on my own to be effective at my job. I believe that this is because they want women to flirt with customers and do other unprofessional things to get orders. This has been my experience with the other representative in my area. The company doesn't care that someone behaves this way. They only care about money. If you don't believe me ask other competitors in your area. Pro Chem is know to hire women between 25-35. They will use them until they get about 50 and push them out the door. My advice to anyone considering going with this company is to run! I just found out about this website and it would have definitely made a difference for me.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to have a structured training program. This means that you need to do something other than read out of the catalog. I would also suggest that when you hire someone with an outstanding sales background to trust them with the account list. That is what normal companies do and that is why I left. Stop telling potential employees that you are a Christian, family company. FYI...that is the furthest thing from the truth.

8. Wonderful opportunity and earning potential for those who are willing to work hard and keep a positive attitude

Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Pro Chem, Inc. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If you can sell than this can be the job for you. Pro Chem is an ethical solid company that provides a full line of maintenance related chemicals to all sorts of industries. Many of the reps have been there 10 and 20 years. It is a family owned company and they work hard to provide a supportive and fun environment for their employees. For the most part your goal is to build relationships with people who purchase maintenance chemicals. They are typically a relaxed bunch. This is not a stuffy sales job. While you are expected to be professional you can also expect to have fun. Once established the job is an opportunity for you to set your own schedule and income.

Cons

Building a territory takes planning and hard work Learning curve- Huge product line - it takes a while to become an expert

ProChem, Inc. gives you the opportunity and the tools- you provide the ambition and drive.

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Pro Chem, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In my experience with ProChem, the company has bent over backwards to support me in achieving my goals and building a long term career. They have provided me with technical product knowledge, effective sales strategy, prospecting support staff, bonus incentives, and a supportive infrastructure of fellow account executives eager to help me succeed. I really could not ask for anything more! Furthermore, I appreciate working for a company who values the customer and seeks to provide a superior product through excellent and ethical service. I have been encouraged to build long lasting customer relationships by meeting customer needs with honesty, integrity, and reliability. Knowing all of this about ProChem makes it easy for me to ask a prospect for their business!

Cons

Building a viable territory is hard work, and it takes time. You must continue to plan and prospect for at least a full year in order to realize the fruits of your labor. But if you are willing to invest in organizing, planning, and implementing as instructed you WILL succeed!

Advice to Management

Continue to put the customer first and invest in your rookies!

10. Endless opportunity! Love my job and my company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Pro Chem, Inc. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexibility for family and business!

Cons

At this time I have no cons. Pro Chem is not perfect but it comes pretty close for me!

11. At Pro Chem, our people make the difference!

Current Employee - President/Founder in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - President/Founder in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Pro Chem, Inc. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

After reviewing the comments of a few disgruntled employees on this site, I feel that it is important to announce to the world the type of company we continue to strive to be. As founder and President, I am proud to say we have attempted to develop a culture of integrity and unlimited growth potential. We are not about a one-time sale, but rather about earning the trust of our customers through becoming a preferred vendor. Today, we are proud that 23,000 customers rely on us for their maintenance product needs. We realize that not everyone who joins us can or will flourish in our business model, where the more success one achieves the more rewards and recognition they receive. The only single policy we are committed to is following “The Golden Rule.” It’s how we treat all our customers, all our associates, and all our vendors. If those few negative postings were descriptive of whom we are we would never have been able to post a solid growth record for the past 45 years. At Pro Chem, our people make the difference. It was that way when we began in 1969, and it is that way today!

Cons

I have no cons to share.

RSS Feed </> Embed