Pro Sports Club

Updated November 25, 2014
Updated November 25, 2014
3.3

Mark Dedomenico

Great team, friendly work environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Pro Sports Club full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great company culture. Co-workers genuinely take care of each other and are always trying to deliver world class customer service to members and each other. Perks include gym membership which is a huge bonus to working here (the facility is amazing), as well as access/discounts to lots of other amenities the club offers (physical therapy, fitness classes, health programs, spa/salon services, the list goes on and on).

Cons

There are some specific rules that PRO employees have to follow, but these rules are part of what helps PRO present themselves as professional and experts in their given fields as well as present a consistent experience for members across the board.

Continue to invest in the employees. PRO does a lot to keep employee benefits costs low and offer great discounts and perks, so I hope that continues! Continue to ensure that employees live the PRO Best culture, which is truly unique and makes for the most upbeat and pleasant work environment I have been a part of.

Excellence on all fronts

Current Employee - Member Services in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Member Services in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Pro Sports Club part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people and your co-workers "fellow cast members" are some of the greatest people you ever have the pleasure of serving or working along side of in the NW.

Cons

Work is work! People aren't always that flexible with vacation and helping others cover shifts. However that's how it goes most places.

Continue to fight for your employees. You've continued to provide great leadership and sound professional advice. Thank you kindly!

Elite level gym, but you're still working at a gym

I worked at Pro Sports Club full-time

Pros

Higher pay scale than most gyms and a giant member list that ensures a stable working environment. Although older, still a beautiful and gigantic fitness facility very diverse members and employees.

Cons

Management seemed to be concerned solely on what the customer wanted (letting kids run wild through the gym, working out with no shoes, leaving weights/not cleaning equipment), despite contradicting their rules.

Don't bother

Former Employee - Accounting in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Accounting in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Pro Sports Club full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great coworkers. The friends I made here were amazing. The free gym membership is amazing.

Cons

The upper management is awful. The department I worked in was awful. The manager was ruthless and would be friendly to your face to work you like a dog and the beyond mean when she was done with you. The staff turn over is high and the pay was so so. Do not work at PRO it's not a good place.

Felt like a time warp.

I worked at Pro Sports Club (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits & some added perks depending on the department you work in. I enjoyed being able to change and work out before or after my workday. Most of the employees were extremely kind and made work a fun place to be.

Cons

I have never seen so many politics come into to play in a work environment before working at PRO. I really felt a lot of anxiety and stress because of the constant gossip going on in every department. Staff who had been there the longest did not feel the need to filter any of the ugly truth's about owner, certain exec members and past wrong doings. HR has their hands tied since this is a privately held company and you can not really hold the owner to the same ethical standards without losing your job. They really do their very best to help you IF they can.

I feel random acts of kindness awarded to employees in the more behind the scenes or service based roles should be provided by exec's or managers. Walk up to the crew in laundry and give them a gift card to the bistro or deliver flowers to one of the front desk staff. Not everyone needs the BIG awards but a nice "pat on the back" just because boosts morale.

Great potential but the work environment was a huge negative.

I worked at Pro Sports Club full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Tons of resources, the benefits are really amazing and pay was competitive.

Cons

Work culture was very negative. Very political, lots of gossip among departments, department scandals, felt like high school with backstabbers and all.

Great coworkers, but the way the whole place is run is messed up

I worked at Pro Sports Club

Pros

I developed lifelong friendships with many coworkers during my tenure at the PRO Club. The free gym membership was great. I also made a decent salary for my position. Benefits were good for a small company but can't match larger companies.

Cons

The CEO rules the company with an iron fist and it's pretty much his way or the highway; he is known for a short unstable temper and also says or does things that would be unacceptable in any work environment (things that would qualify as harassment, for example), but since he owns the place there is generally little that you can do. Due to his personality upper management is essentially a bunch of "yes men". When I left for another company I realized just how messed up things are run at the PRO club; I realized, "Oh, this is the way a company is really supposed to be run."

very customer serviced based

Former Employee - SPA Concierge in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - SPA Concierge in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Pro Sports Club part-time

Pros

good managers (for the most part). possibility to earn higher wage by completing knowledge tests. free gym membership.

Cons

was there for 9 months and still was not able to get a schedule that I wanted. passed most of the tests and still had hostess positions which basically entailed folding robes, stocking lockers, cleaning the lounge, etc (any undesirable job). there was no consistency in scheduling. some days id have to be there at 6am until 230pm and others id get there at 2 and stay at least till 10pm. on busy days hostessing, you are on your feet all day. although it may be less busy in other areas of the spa, not too many people are willing to help with the locker room or lounge unless told to by the managers. one of the most frustrating things was me running around like crazy getting teas, new robes, fresh water, etc, etc and walking out to the front desk to see the managers and fellow employees gabbing around the front desk or hiding in reservations.

Amenities, environment and equipment are the best in the biz, but the culture is stale.

I have been working at Pro Sports Club part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very clean, consistent, courteous, etc.

Cons

Lack of identity. Stuck in the 1980's with technology, marketing and communication. Others have evolved and they have chosen not to. They need to let their employees think and work like entrepreneurs and not like drones. Too much talent there to stifle it.

Run each club with an integrated approach but understand that they are very different and have different needs. Give Seattle its own website but control the brand from Bellevue and let Seattle drive the content, communication, and strategy. Within reason of course.

Very professional and encouraging place to work.

Current Employee - Personal Trainer in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Personal Trainer in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Pro Sports Club full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The Pay is very competitive if not the best in the state, job security, Benefits, and you get to work with very knowledgeable colleagues.

Cons

Limited room for growth and opportunity. Advancement as far as compensation is concerned takes time.