Pro Sports Club

Updated July 17, 2014
Updated July 17, 2014
3.2

Mark Dedomenico

Very professional and encouraging place to work.

Current Employee - Personal Trainer  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Personal Trainer in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Pro Sports Club full-time for more than a year

Pros

The Pay is very competitive if not the best in the state, job security, Benefits, and you get to work with very knowledgeable colleagues.

Cons

Limited room for growth and opportunity. Advancement as far as compensation is concerned takes time.

Great coworkers, but the way the whole place is run is messed up

I worked at Pro Sports Club

Pros

I developed lifelong friendships with many coworkers during my tenure at the PRO Club. The free gym membership was great. I also made a decent salary for my position. Benefits were good for a small company but can't match larger companies.

Cons

The CEO rules the company with an iron fist and it's pretty much his way or the highway; he is known for a short unstable temper and also says or does things that would be unacceptable in any work environment (things that would qualify as harassment, for example), but since he owns the place there is generally little that you can do. Due to his personality upper management is essentially a bunch of "yes men". When I left for another company I realized just how messed up things are run at the PRO club; I realized, "Oh, this is the way a company is really supposed to be run."

very customer serviced based

Former Employee - SPA Concierge  in  Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - SPA Concierge in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Pro Sports Club part-time

Pros

good managers (for the most part). possibility to earn higher wage by completing knowledge tests. free gym membership.

Cons

was there for 9 months and still was not able to get a schedule that I wanted. passed most of the tests and still had hostess positions which basically entailed folding robes, stocking lockers, cleaning the lounge, etc (any undesirable job). there was no consistency in scheduling. some days id have to be there at 6am until 230pm and others id get there at 2 and stay at least till 10pm. on busy days hostessing, you are on your feet all day. although it may be less busy in other areas of the spa, not too many people are willing to help with the locker room or lounge unless told to by the managers. one of the most frustrating things was me running around like crazy getting teas, new robes, fresh water, etc, etc and walking out to the front desk to see the managers and fellow employees gabbing around the front desk or hiding in reservations.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amenities, environment and equipment are the best in the biz, but the culture is stale.

I have been working at Pro Sports Club part-time for more than a year

Pros

Very clean, consistent, courteous, etc.

Cons

Lack of identity. Stuck in the 1980's with technology, marketing and communication. Others have evolved and they have chosen not to. They need to let their employees think and work like entrepreneurs and not like drones. Too much talent there to stifle it.

Run each club with an integrated approach but understand that they are very different and have different needs. Give Seattle its own website but control the brand from Bellevue and let Seattle drive the content, communication, and strategy. Within reason of course.

Awesome work environment and great perks.

I worked at Pro Sports Club full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people working there, fair compensation

Cons

There really aren't many cons

45 hour work weeks as part time, split shifts, and incompetent management in Aquatics

I worked at Pro Sports Club part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay, free gym membership, all supplies (uniforms, suits, toys for students) provided, and a beautiful work environment.

Cons

Long hours, split shifts, no opportunity to change shifts, no one to cover shifts, and lots of employee drama. I have never felt more uncomfortable in a work environment

Have the management work together and combine their skills. The lack of cohesion made for a difficult environment and helped contribute to the burnout in employees.

Great place to gain experience

I have been working at Pro Sports Club full-time for more than a year

Pros

Worked here for over two years after graduating college in a couple different departments. Decent pay and steady job during economic downturn, offered opportunity for growth. Club is well-maintained and most employees (cast members) are great to work with. Opportunity to win trips to Disneyland at annual holiday party. Club has been around for a long time and grew along with Microsoft, has many long-term employees who love it.

Cons

As with any public-facing environment, along with all of the "good" members and guests came the minority who could be VERY rude and demanding. I also wasn't a fan of the mandatory uniforms, giant name tags, and strict grooming requirements. It all felt a little old school compared to the generally relaxed atmosphere in the Pacific Northwest. Managers I had were great, but that could vary depending on your department. Didn't offer me the long-term options I was looking for, which is why I ended up taking an offer somewhere else after a couple of years.

The Club could use a little updating and refreshing in terms of the brand to make it seem more relevant and attractive to prospective members. It is very clean, but doesn't feel very contemporary. Also, the strict dress code is kind of ridiculous. Uniforms aren't really necessary in every department!

Accounting

Former Employee - Accountant  in  Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Accountant in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Pro Sports Club full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great facilities, Team of people you work with are amazing.

Cons

The Director of Accounting. Also the club is not very diverse in staffing. Pay scale is very low.

Great pay and great coworkers

Former Employee - Started As Front Desk, Moved Into Management  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Started As Front Desk, Moved Into Management in Seattle, WA

I worked at Pro Sports Club full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The staff here is generally very friendly and fitness-minded. Huge potential for a good salary and upward movement wthin the company

Cons

Sometimes the front desk employees are a little immature and management has a slightly hard time keeping them motivated and helping them take their jobs seriously.

Awesome place to work.

Current Employee - Lifeguard/Swim Instructor  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Lifeguard/Swim Instructor in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Pro Sports Club

Pros

The benefits are FANTASTIC! From 401(k) matching to use of the facilities; From trips to Disneyland to compensation for referrals, Pro Sports Club has amazing benefits. It's a family environment for the coworkers. Stay long enough and you will know everyone on a first name basis - coworkers are family.

Cons

The communication between the club and it's members seems to have some sort of gap. Members don't understand many policies or why they are implemented in the first place. The club has eliminated a lot of this to the concierges, but in order to succeed in this environment, you must be very knowledgeable about the club ad it's various policies. There is also a lack of parking and members can get quite upset with their inability to use certain equipment/facilities during peak times.

The membership seems to outgrow the facilities. Plans to expand the facilities should continue with plans to expand membership.

Pro Sports Club Photos

Worked for Pro Sports Club? Contribute to the Community!