Pro Sports Club

Updated November 25, 2014
Updated November 25, 2014
3.2

Mark Dedomenico

Great team, friendly work environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Pro Sports Club full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great company culture. Co-workers genuinely take care of each other and are always trying to deliver world class customer service to members and each other. Perks include gym membership which is a huge bonus to working here (the facility is amazing), as well as access/discounts to lots of other amenities the club offers (physical therapy, fitness classes, health programs, spa/salon services, the list goes on and on).

Cons

There are some specific rules that PRO employees have to follow, but these rules are part of what helps PRO present themselves as professional and experts in their given fields as well as present a consistent experience for members across the board.

Continue to invest in the employees. PRO does a lot to keep employee benefits costs low and offer great discounts and perks, so I hope that continues! Continue to ensure that employees live the PRO Best culture, which is truly unique and makes for the most upbeat and pleasant work environment I have been a part of.

Excellence on all fronts

Current Employee - Member Services in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Member Services in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Pro Sports Club part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people and your co-workers "fellow cast members" are some of the greatest people you ever have the pleasure of serving or working along side of in the NW.

Cons

Work is work! People aren't always that flexible with vacation and helping others cover shifts. However that's how it goes most places.

Continue to fight for your employees. You've continued to provide great leadership and sound professional advice. Thank you kindly!

Awesome work environment and great perks.

I worked at Pro Sports Club full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people working there, fair compensation

Cons

There really aren't many cons

Very professional and encouraging place to work.

Current Employee - Personal Trainer in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Personal Trainer in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Pro Sports Club full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The Pay is very competitive if not the best in the state, job security, Benefits, and you get to work with very knowledgeable colleagues.

Cons

Limited room for growth and opportunity. Advancement as far as compensation is concerned takes time.

Great place to gain experience

I have been working at Pro Sports Club full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Worked here for over two years after graduating college in a couple different departments. Decent pay and steady job during economic downturn, offered opportunity for growth. Club is well-maintained and most employees (cast members) are great to work with. Opportunity to win trips to Disneyland at annual holiday party. Club has been around for a long time and grew along with Microsoft, has many long-term employees who love it.

Cons

As with any public-facing environment, along with all of the "good" members and guests came the minority who could be VERY rude and demanding. I also wasn't a fan of the mandatory uniforms, giant name tags, and strict grooming requirements. It all felt a little old school compared to the generally relaxed atmosphere in the Pacific Northwest. Managers I had were great, but that could vary depending on your department. Didn't offer me the long-term options I was looking for, which is why I ended up taking an offer somewhere else after a couple of years.

The Club could use a little updating and refreshing in terms of the brand to make it seem more relevant and attractive to prospective members. It is very clean, but doesn't feel very contemporary. Also, the strict dress code is kind of ridiculous. Uniforms aren't really necessary in every department!

Great Place to Start Your Career

I worked at Pro Sports Club part-time

Pros

You receive great perks and get a full membership to probably the best club on the west coast.

Cons

The members tend to be extremely snobby and rude. At times it was hard to balance serving the customer and still keeping my dignity.

Great pay and great coworkers

Former Employee - Started As Front Desk, Moved Into Management in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Started As Front Desk, Moved Into Management in Seattle, WA

I worked at Pro Sports Club full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The staff here is generally very friendly and fitness-minded. Huge potential for a good salary and upward movement wthin the company

Cons

Sometimes the front desk employees are a little immature and management has a slightly hard time keeping them motivated and helping them take their jobs seriously.

Awesome place to work.

Current Employee - Lifeguard/Swim Instructor in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Lifeguard/Swim Instructor in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Pro Sports Club

Pros

The benefits are FANTASTIC! From 401(k) matching to use of the facilities; From trips to Disneyland to compensation for referrals, Pro Sports Club has amazing benefits. It's a family environment for the coworkers. Stay long enough and you will know everyone on a first name basis - coworkers are family.

Cons

The communication between the club and it's members seems to have some sort of gap. Members don't understand many policies or why they are implemented in the first place. The club has eliminated a lot of this to the concierges, but in order to succeed in this environment, you must be very knowledgeable about the club ad it's various policies. There is also a lack of parking and members can get quite upset with their inability to use certain equipment/facilities during peak times.

The membership seems to outgrow the facilities. Plans to expand the facilities should continue with plans to expand membership.

Elite level gym, but you're still working at a gym

I worked at Pro Sports Club full-time

Pros

Higher pay scale than most gyms and a giant member list that ensures a stable working environment. Although older, still a beautiful and gigantic fitness facility very diverse members and employees.

Cons

Management seemed to be concerned solely on what the customer wanted (letting kids run wild through the gym, working out with no shoes, leaving weights/not cleaning equipment), despite contradicting their rules.

Felt like a time warp.

I worked at Pro Sports Club (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits & some added perks depending on the department you work in. I enjoyed being able to change and work out before or after my workday. Most of the employees were extremely kind and made work a fun place to be.

Cons

I have never seen so many politics come into to play in a work environment before working at PRO. I really felt a lot of anxiety and stress because of the constant gossip going on in every department. Staff who had been there the longest did not feel the need to filter any of the ugly truth's about owner, certain exec members and past wrong doings. HR has their hands tied since this is a privately held company and you can not really hold the owner to the same ethical standards without losing your job. They really do their very best to help you IF they can.

I feel random acts of kindness awarded to employees in the more behind the scenes or service based roles should be provided by exec's or managers. Walk up to the crew in laundry and give them a gift card to the bistro or deliver flowers to one of the front desk staff. Not everyone needs the BIG awards but a nice "pat on the back" just because boosts morale.