Pro Sports Club Reviews

Mark Dedomenico

1. Great team, friendly work environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Pro Sports Club full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company culture. Co-workers genuinely take care of each other and are always trying to deliver world class customer service to members and each other. Perks include gym membership which is a huge bonus to working here (the facility is amazing), as well as access/discounts to lots of other amenities the club offers (physical therapy, fitness classes, health programs, spa/salon services, the list goes on and on).

Cons

There are some specific rules that PRO employees have to follow, but these rules are part of what helps PRO present themselves as professional and experts in their given fields as well as present a consistent experience for members across the board.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in the employees. PRO does a lot to keep employee benefits costs low and offer great discounts and perks, so I hope that continues! Continue to ensure that employees live the PRO Best culture, which is truly unique and makes for the most upbeat and pleasant work environment I have been a part of.

2. Excellent place to work

I have been working at Pro Sports Club

Pros

Great people, great management, world class fitness center, continuing education options

Cons

uniforms don't fit lifters body's well.

3. Great for the Right People

I have been working at Pro Sports Club

Pros

PRO Sports Club is a wonderful place to work! We have a very unique culture that is a great fit for some and maybe not the best fit for others. Our Founders adopted a number of service practices from Disney so we have some unique rules, but at the end of the day everyone who works here is friendly and always willing to help!

Cons

PRO can be a difficult place to advance into a management position if that is a short term career objective.

Quality workplace

Former Employee - Professional Lifeguard in Bothell, WA
    Former Employee - Professional Lifeguard in Bothell, WA

I worked at Pro Sports Club part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The best reasons to work at proclub are the people that are your fellow employees and the wonderful members that go there.

Cons

Customer service industry is still the customer service industry, even as a high end health club. You know what to expect.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and keep envisioning your employees to achieve greatness.

6. pro sports club bellevue

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Pro Sports Club full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great community, people are awesome, job is easy to do. the members are a lot of fun to interat with. therers tons of awesome equipment. and you get a $150 membership for free!

Cons

management can be very disorganized and air headed at times. communitcation between departments does not really exist. departments are battling each other instead of working together for no reason. everyone basically just looks out for themselves

Advice to Management

get to know your team better. communication with team and other managers is essential for success. try to stop micromananging and trying to catch your employees doing somethin wrong. praise employees for things done right

7. Great place to work

Current Employee - Administrative & Accounting in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Administrative & Accounting in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Pro Sports Club

Pros

Positive team environment. Enjoy working in my department and has a family atmosphere. Management has a lot to offer and mentors the staff well.

Cons

I don't have any cons. I really enjoy working here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Support department management (HR, Accounting and Marketing) is fantastic and cultivate good team work and fun environment.

Awesome place to work.

Current Employee - Lifeguard/Swim Instructor in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Lifeguard/Swim Instructor in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Pro Sports Club

Pros

The benefits are FANTASTIC! From 401(k) matching to use of the facilities; From trips to Disneyland to compensation for referrals, Pro Sports Club has amazing benefits. It's a family environment for the coworkers. Stay long enough and you will know everyone on a first name basis - coworkers are family.

Cons

The communication between the club and it's members seems to have some sort of gap. Members don't understand many policies or why they are implemented in the first place. The club has eliminated a lot of this to the concierges, but in order to succeed in this environment, you must be very knowledgeable about the club ad it's various policies. There is also a lack of parking and members can get quite upset with their inability to use certain equipment/facilities during peak times.

Advice to Management

The membership seems to outgrow the facilities. Plans to expand the facilities should continue with plans to expand membership.

Great pay and great coworkers

Former Employee - Started As Front Desk, Moved Into Management in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Started As Front Desk, Moved Into Management in Seattle, WA

I worked at Pro Sports Club full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The staff here is generally very friendly and fitness-minded. Huge potential for a good salary and upward movement wthin the company

Cons

Sometimes the front desk employees are a little immature and management has a slightly hard time keeping them motivated and helping them take their jobs seriously.

Great place to gain experience

I have been working at Pro Sports Club full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Worked here for over two years after graduating college in a couple different departments. Decent pay and steady job during economic downturn, offered opportunity for growth. Club is well-maintained and most employees (cast members) are great to work with. Opportunity to win trips to Disneyland at annual holiday party. Club has been around for a long time and grew along with Microsoft, has many long-term employees who love it.

Cons

As with any public-facing environment, along with all of the "good" members and guests came the minority who could be VERY rude and demanding. I also wasn't a fan of the mandatory uniforms, giant name tags, and strict grooming requirements. It all felt a little old school compared to the generally relaxed atmosphere in the Pacific Northwest. Managers I had were great, but that could vary depending on your department. Didn't offer me the long-term options I was looking for, which is why I ended up taking an offer somewhere else after a couple of years.

Advice to Management

The Club could use a little updating and refreshing in terms of the brand to make it seem more relevant and attractive to prospective members. It is very clean, but doesn't feel very contemporary. Also, the strict dress code is kind of ridiculous. Uniforms aren't really necessary in every department!

Very professional and encouraging place to work.

Current Employee - Personal Trainer in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Personal Trainer in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Pro Sports Club full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Pay is very competitive if not the best in the state, job security, Benefits, and you get to work with very knowledgeable colleagues.

Cons

Limited room for growth and opportunity. Advancement as far as compensation is concerned takes time.

RSS Feed </> Embed