Pro-Vision Video Systems

www.seeingissafety.com
  www.seeingissafety.com

Pro-Vision Video Systems Reviews

Updated July 24, 2014
Updated July 24, 2014
2.9

Steve Peacock

Opportunity Knocks!

Current Employee - Region Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Region Sales Manager

I have been working at Pro-Vision Video Systems full-time

Pros

There are no shortcuts to success. This position requires you to work hard every day! The ultimate reason why people don't last is that they get caught up concerned about results instead of focusing on growth. Results come with the quantity of opportunities that you create. Therefore, the money and success that we all strive for is in direct correlation with the amount of opportunites created. This job is straight forward and is what it says it is, a job where you can only really fail if you don't take personal ownership over what you want to become. However, if you follow the plan laid out you will fly.
    You are assigned a multi state territory with tremendous support from virtually every member of the company. To the negative post I have to assume that the individual became enamoured with results instead of focusing on creating opportunities. Do not let one individual dissuade you from being a part of a challenge that you will love. Stay commited and you will not fail.

Cons

I really don't have a con. With that being said, I would say that individuals who are in financial limbo should understand that you will make a tremendous amount of money.However, there really is no "Monday Night Bail". Understand that you are learning a new skill, how to follow and execute a plan. You learn to implement it better and better every day. It takes a little while for you to make big money. That is why I said to focus on growth and not results. This is why the post from the disgruntled person is inaccurate. He/She "expected" that success would just come like poof.

WOW, what a PR Machine

Current Employee - Sales Mangler  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Mangler in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Pro-Vision Video Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The people in the company are posting all "5 Stars" to offset the bad reviews from disenchanted cast-offs.

Cons

This is a Con... game.

This kind of behavior will catch up to you. Go with a independent reps organization.

RUN AWAY from this opportunity. I've seen advertisements on job boards saying SALARY of over $100K. Is commission ONLY!

Former Employee - Region Manager  in  Byron Center, MI
    Former Employee - Region Manager in Byron Center, MI

I worked at Pro-Vision Video Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoyed the travel, specifically the places and people I would come across, that I might not ordinarily do so if simply flying from location to location. I also enjoyed a few of the peers, and have remained in contact (though all of them have since long left this company).

Cons

Honestly, too many to list. The training is hap-hazzard, and they simply want to get you in the field as quickly as possible to dial for dollars. At the end, this is a glorified telemarketing job, that you then spend one week out of three meeting with people that you set appointments with.

Did I mention that YOU PAY ALL EXPENSES (gas, food, lodging, demo/trials, etc.)? At the end of the day, this is a glorified 1099/contractor position that they've made W2 with some benefits, and allow you to "float" the expenses on a corporate card (so they can benefit from the points), and then take those expenses out of your commissions before you see a cent.

I've honestly never seen so many people come and go in my time there (or since, as I've heard), other than used car companies, which is the equivalent of the pitch you get from management, at the beginning and throughout your tenure there (again, spin doctors). At the end of they day they have no skin in the game, other than a company car you pay gas for and a small draw that's at risk.

NOTE: Remember that if you see ONE negative response about a company, then "Hey, you can't please everyone." .... but when you see MULTIPLE negative responses about a company, then you need to consider "Can they actually please ANYONE?" To sum that question up ... yes, themselves (i.e. the owners)

Like the other person on here said, you talk a good game, but at the end become spin-doctors and don't support the people in the field that are the face of your company. You call everyone "CEO's of their own territory" EVERY week on the weekly calls, but give them little latitude to make their own decisions, and will overrule the individual whenever you want on pricing, and more.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Total scam. The company says 60-125k but was more like 30k. They lie to your face and have a very very high turnover.

Former Employee - Sales  in  Byron Center, MI
    Former Employee - Sales in Byron Center, MI

I worked at Pro-Vision Video Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

None. Was lied to get in the door. when you make a sale they move you or tell you the customer has to pay first or they just simple will run out of cams to send to the customer.

Cons

do not work for these people and if you have too keep it short because they have no problem firing you and hiring someone new or you will just get sick of their crap. In a few months of working i have seen over 10 people get fired or just walk out. Some of the reviews on here are from the owner and manager.

Stop lying to new hires to make a buck. I hope people see this and save them the time it took me to figure out how much of a joke this place is. People are not replaceable and selling your soul to make a buck will come back and bite you.

Pro-Vision Opportunity

I have been working at Pro-Vision Video Systems full-time

Pros

An absolutely unbeatable opportunity for someone with a strong work ethic! The key to selling this type of equipment is that most of your prospects (95%) look at this equipment as a "NEED" not a "WANT". NEEDS are certainly nice to sell. When I first started with Pro-Vision in March of 2011, I told the owner that "if just half of what you said is true, this would be a fantastic opportunity". I guess I was a bit suspicious after hearing from so many insurance and credit card processing companies that a six figure salary was an automatic. Well now it is 2013 and I have not been disappointed. The first 12 months of hard work and effort came with commission in excess of 125K and 2012 came with commissions earned of more than 150K (I actually thought that the second year got easier because of all the ground work that was laid). All this was accomplished in a manageable 3 state territory. I also view the fact that there was very little to no account management tasks that I was responsible for on a day-to-day basis as a major positive. You have a solid and dependable engineering, materials, marketing and customer service team that you can rely on for support.

Cons

For some people this may not be the right job as it has a 100% commission compensation structure (There is a draw to get you ramped up). But for me, it is perfect. I have always been a believer that sales people (really all employees) should be paid for what they produce. If you are good, this is a simple and rewarding comp plan that rewards you for selling.

As a current member of the Management team (9/2012) I will defer on this question. I'd like to continue to make Pro-Vision a place that empoyees feel more like owners.

Great opportunity, follow the plan and you will succeed.

I have been working at Pro-Vision Video Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everything is laid out so all the sales team has to do is execute.
    Compensation plan is very generous.

Cons

Occasionally extra hours are required.

Commission only!

Former Employee - Region Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Region Sales Manager

I worked at Pro-Vision Video Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice family feel, product is straight forward and easy to present.

Cons

Paid commission only and are responsible for a Multi-State territory. You are given a company card that you must pay back in full monthly. The problem with this concept is that as you travel around, stay in hotels, eat, buy gas all the commissions you earn are deducted from expenses charged to the card. I was told that I would make 6 figures easy...not even close. Most of your sells will depend on Government contracts which means you can wait months for a deal to close. My advice RUN from this job.

You talk a good game

Industry leading products, the right pricing, and a focused market approach.

I have been working at Pro-Vision Video Systems full-time

Pros

Ultimate sales position structure, compensation plans, industry leading products, the right pricing, focused marketing approach, and dedicated support staff have the company positioned for explosive growth.

Principles, Philosophy, Vision and Mission are consistent with what a growing company should be.

Generous health plan and company matched 401(K).

The "Start-up" environment gives employees more decision making responsibility and a role in the direction of the company, while limiting daily management.

Cons

Not always a 40 hour per week place to work. To continue the explosive growth that PRO-VISION has encountered, employees are expected to put in the necessary time needed to meet deadlines and requirements. This "Start-up" environment gives PRO-VISION an edge and gives employees the opportunity reach the top income levels in their fields.

Worked for Pro-Vision Video Systems? Contribute to the Community!