ProBuild

Be The First To
Add Photos

ProBuild CEO Robert Marchbank

Robert Marchbank

Pros
  • The compensation and benefits offered here are extremely generous(in 3 reviews)

• Flexibility for a work/life balance(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not take the time to learn who their employees are(in 4 reviews)

• Strategy and tactics from the parent company Fidelity don't mesh with the industry and local ProBuild leadership is not able to say "No"(in 3 reviews)

Very dissapointed employee of 14 yrs

Lumberyard (Current Employee) Lakeview, OR

ProsI honestly can not think of any since probuild took over what used to be lumbermans 5 yrs ago

ConsNo raises in 5 yrs since it became probuild,no more bonuses, unprofessional manager, no incentives at all anymore,like employee of the quarter,perfect attendance,ect. I have worked for what use to be lumbermans and is not probuild for almost 14 yrs and in the last 5 yrs since probuild took over i have watched alot of changes take place that have diminished the employees self esteem. I have not called in sick in 5 yrs and work out in the yard have since day one and am only making a lousy 11.70 an hr with no raise for the last 5 yrs. I would like someone to justify this to me.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo raises in 5 yrs since it became probuild,no more bonuses, unprofessional manager, no incentives at all anymore,like employee of the quarter,perfect attendance,ect. I have worked for what use to be lumbermans and is not probuild for almost 14 yrs and in the last 5 yrs since probuild took over i have watched alot of changes take place that have diminished the employees self esteem. I have not called in sick in 5 yrs and work out in the yard have since day one and am only making a lousy 11.70 an hr with no raise for the last 5 yrs. I would like someone to justify this to me.

Misfit

Component Tech (Former Employee) Milton, FL

ProsThey do keep a lot of work due to large sale force.

ConsAbundance of dissension among employees. If you are an employee for this company you need to watch your back because you may find yourself becoming someones scapegoat. If you are an outsider you may be judged the moment you walk through the door. They also take advantage of hardworking employees, continually working them into the ground.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter manage the talents of employees and coordinate them appropriately. For a company that is so large you would think they would have the resources to better train employees that may have limited experience in a particular position.

Constant change, no training, poor leadership

Purchasing Manager (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsWorking here gives you experience on what NOT to do as a department manager/director. If you like change, they have plenty of it with very little employee retention.

ConsLow pay. Management is too busy covering their tails to help develop the skills/training of their subordinates. Management (supervisor, manager, director) positions are typically held less than 18 months per person.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain and develop your staff. Develop a department action plan and instead of scrapping it and starting fresh every four months, work out the kinks and move forward.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work

Loadbuilder (Current Employee) Lees Summit, MO

ProsGood group of employees, respectful work atmosphere, all in all a good place to work.

ConsHourly pay could be higher

In need of vision, but opportunities exist

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Denver, CO

Pros-Lots of things to accomplish yet - so plenty of interesting work to do
    -housing industry will come roaring back some day
    -good CEO in place finally after a couple years of leadership turmoil

Cons-mission, vision and corporate direction still being formed. Therefore no collective vision for everyone to work towards
    -IT operations can be painful to work with
    -lack of standard processes in the field drives inefficiencies

Advice to Senior ManagementDefine the goals and vision for the company and align all activities to those goals

It's ok, but the future is uncertain.

Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsCompetitive compensation. You work for a large company that has a lot of buying power and has obtained a big presence in the market.

ConsIt's a very large corporate structure, and with that comes a definite bureaucracy. It can be very difficult to know who is responsible for certain functions. It can be very easy to be passed off to another person or department when it's perceived that your problem is not their job.

They didn't really seem to know what they were doing.

Inside Sales for ProBuild (Current Employee) Yorkville, IL

ProsA large, nationwide company with lots of opportunities. They have an established presence in most major markets. Owned by Fidelity.

ConsThey did not seem to have any type of plan on how to expand into different markets. When merging all their acquisitions into one entity, instead of taking the best of each company and combining that, they used whatever the largest existing company did.

Company Unsure of Direction

Project Manager (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsGood people in a changing environment. The company has tremendous potential. They want to change the building materials industry and have the mass to do it.

ConsConstantly changing leadership. Strategy and tactics from the parent company Fidelity don't mesh with the industry and local ProBuild leadership is not able to say "No". They don't understand how to implement change. They play with concepts such as "Green" but don't live or believe it.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet a course that makes sense for the industry. Build the passion. Inspire the field to join in.

The best company i've ever worked for...

Field Improvement Specialist (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsUnder the new CEO, positive changes have been made to run the organization more efficiently and effectively.

ConsThe downturn in the housing market makes work more difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your employees. Without them, you don't have a job.

Great job except for constant fear of being laid off

IT Project Coordinator (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsExcellent and knowledgable people, great team

ConsNo solid direction and very little concrete guidance from managment

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management need to create a plan and stick to it

Worked for ProBuild? Contribute to the Community!