ProBuild

Be The First To
Add Photos

ProBuild CEO Robert Marchbank

Robert Marchbank

Pros
  • The compensation and benefits offered here are extremely generous(in 3 reviews)

• Flexibility for a work/life balance(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not take the time to learn who their employees are(in 4 reviews)

• Strategy and tactics from the parent company Fidelity don't mesh with the industry and local ProBuild leadership is not able to say "No"(in 3 reviews)

DO THEY REALLY CARE

Forklift Operator (Former Employee) Delta, CO

Prosgood place to work if you have a job

ConsTO MANY CHIEFS AND NOT ENOUGH INDIANS, WHERE I WORKED THERE WERE NO BONUS GIVEN OUT ,EXPECTED EVERYTHING BUT NEVER GAVE ANYTHING AS FAR AS INCENTIVE AND YOU MUST LICK THE RIGHT BOOTS TO ADVANCE

Advice to Senior Managementthink about the people who gave over 10 years of service to the company

Stay away... far far away

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsI could not share any Pro's for this company based on the Con's that I experienced. The hourly employees are great, but management is severely unprofessional and does not conduct good business.

ConsTotally unprofessional. Sr. Management lies to you and keeps information from you. They expect someone to know all information regarding company but is unwilling to teach or train you. Good Luck to anyone who is brave enough to attempt to work here.

Never out of contract

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsSome nice people to work with

ConsLack of culture, no mobility, too many contract employees. Company doesn't invest in its people

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a direction and stick with it

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Over 10 years of painful, regretful remorse

CDL/A Driver (Former Employee)

ProsI'm not sure if I can find anything positive to say about my experiences at Pro-build. Perhaps being laid off at the height of the economic down turn was the best thing I ever experienced there. This action afforded me the opportunity to find an employer that puts value on its workforce.

ConsManagement tends to reward complainers,so as not to have to"hear it" and pass unpleasant tasks onto people who just get it done, regardless. This practice is common, and as you can expect, causes animosity, and loss of morale in the ranks.

Advice to Senior Management"Corporate" should take a look at what is happening right under their noses. Local managers tell you what you want to hear, but you continue to lose valuable talent. There is a reason qualified people are leaving in record numbers, employees called back never return, and customer base is shrinking,Take a moment and really check this out, won't you?

Awful Corporation

Inside Sales (Current Employee)

ProsBenefits are adequate.
    Bonuses based on overall sales of store

ConsOverwork employees, understaff stores. Won't approve of hiring help. Employees are very under appreciated. No raise for anyone in years.

rear view mirror

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsOperators are very experienced in their markets and will drive future success in the company's performance.

ConsExecutive leadership has changed 5 times in 6 years with as many directional shifts in the company's direction. The corporate atmosphere is poor and key executives don't exemplify the very culture they state is so important - one that cares about their people.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe aware of how much damage some executives are doing to the moral of employees and the integrity of your vendor relationships.

horrible, bunch of under qualified employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosthe manager was nice, the recruiter I worked with was nice, nice building...

Constoo much politics. it seems like people who work there are all under qualified and only got the job because they knew someone in the company. the people who are smarter and more hardworker are the ones who get bullied and are out of clicks... oh, and it seems like I was working for Facebook because everyone is on their Facebook all day! I was offered a full-time employee but I turned it down due to the employees!

Advice to Senior Managementhire smart, hard-working people! stop with hiring bunch of under qualified employees who want to bully the smarter employees. what a pathetic company.

Very dissapointed employee of 14 yrs

Lumberyard (Current Employee) Lakeview, OR

ProsI honestly can not think of any since probuild took over what used to be lumbermans 5 yrs ago

ConsNo raises in 5 yrs since it became probuild,no more bonuses, unprofessional manager, no incentives at all anymore,like employee of the quarter,perfect attendance,ect. I have worked for what use to be lumbermans and is not probuild for almost 14 yrs and in the last 5 yrs since probuild took over i have watched alot of changes take place that have diminished the employees self esteem. I have not called in sick in 5 yrs and work out in the yard have since day one and am only making a lousy 11.70 an hr with no raise for the last 5 yrs. I would like someone to justify this to me.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo raises in 5 yrs since it became probuild,no more bonuses, unprofessional manager, no incentives at all anymore,like employee of the quarter,perfect attendance,ect. I have worked for what use to be lumbermans and is not probuild for almost 14 yrs and in the last 5 yrs since probuild took over i have watched alot of changes take place that have diminished the employees self esteem. I have not called in sick in 5 yrs and work out in the yard have since day one and am only making a lousy 11.70 an hr with no raise for the last 5 yrs. I would like someone to justify this to me.

Misfit

Component Tech (Former Employee) Milton, FL

ProsThey do keep a lot of work due to large sale force.

ConsAbundance of dissension among employees. If you are an employee for this company you need to watch your back because you may find yourself becoming someones scapegoat. If you are an outsider you may be judged the moment you walk through the door. They also take advantage of hardworking employees, continually working them into the ground.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter manage the talents of employees and coordinate them appropriately. For a company that is so large you would think they would have the resources to better train employees that may have limited experience in a particular position.

Trim Puller Lead Man

Supervisor (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe compensation and benefits offered here are extremely generous.

ConsTo much reactive, unproductive change. ProBuild is quickly evolving into a company that has a revolving door; people leaving as quickly as they come because of mismanagement and lack of care for employees. What was once a company that exhibited care and concern for its workforce is now one that could care less. The best talent is leaving and and new good talent doesn't stick around for long.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut manager employees that care about the employees that work in the warehouse and appreaciate their efforts and skills

Worked for ProBuild? Contribute to the Community!