ProCare Therapy Reviews

Updated April 24, 2015
11 reviews filtered by
4.0
David Alexander

1. Great company to work for!

Current Contractor - Speech Language Pathologist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Contractor - Speech Language Pathologist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ProCare Therapy as a contractor

Pros

I've been working for this company on a part-time basis as a speech-language pathologist for several months now. They are very supportive of their employees. I just wish they'd pay a higher hourly rate, but I think their rate of pay is pretty much on par with that of other healthcare contracting companies

Cons

None that I can think of.

Account Executive at ProCare Therapy

Current Employee - Director of Educational Resources in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Director of Educational Resources in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ProCare Therapy

Pros

The people! My colleagues are my best friends. I truly enjoy coming to work everyday because of the friendly smiles and lasting relationships that I have with my "family".

Cons

The commission split, I wish it was better for us, we work so hard for it!

Terrific support for school professionals

Current Contractor - Teacher for the Visually Impaired in Seattle, WA
    Current Contractor - Teacher for the Visually Impaired in Seattle, WA

I have been working at ProCare Therapy as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

This is my first year working as a contract employee. The staff at ProCare has made the transition from a district employee in Wisconsin to a contract employee in the state of Washington about as painless as one could expect.

There has been a lot to learn, from how to post hours to signing up for healthcare and more. In every instance, questions were answered promptly. And though I know I asked some things to be explained in more detail than a typical employee, I never got the impression that I was annoying anyone with all the questions.

They have been prompt in answering questions and helping smooth out any bumps in the road. Compensation has been nice, and ProCare has listened to what I determined to be important factors in the job I wanted.

Cons

The one drawback is that healthcare does not extend past your current contract. Hence, no coverage for the summer between jobs. A lot to learn the first time you work a contact assignment.

Sr. Director of Educational Resources

I have been working at ProCare Therapy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best thing about ProCare is the team itself. In my experience, the people who work at ProCare genuinely enjoy working together and supporting each other. The company is ideal for school therapists who are flexible with location or who work in a specialized discipline. ProCare Therapy has great benefit packages for therapists who might consider relocating for an assignment. If you are interested in multiple locations, check with ProCare Therapy first before applying directly with a district. ProCare Therapy can pay for relocation, help with obtaining a license, and can provide a housing stipend for candidates who qualify.

Cons

As a therapist or traveler, you can get a completely different experience depending on which recruiter you work with. Since the team is constantly growing, you might end up working with a brand new recruiter and your assignment might not run as smoothly.

Positive experience all-around!

I have been working at ProCare Therapy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Strong commitment to each therapist that comes on board. Recruiters work hard to find people their ideal jobs and offer support throughout the assignment.
    -Many therapists renew their contracts year after year which is a positive indicator!
    -Clear intentions set by management for the team as a whole and for each individual. Everyone has a clearly defined purpose and goals.
    -Pleasant, social environment. It's clear that everyone gets along nicely and enjoys interacting as a team.
    -Compensation is what I was looking for

Cons

-Contract agencies cannot always find people the perfect job. Sometimes, therapists will have to take a second choice or even third choice job.

-It's also important to remember that experiences can differ for each therapist based on the school they are placed with and the recruiter that they work with.

-Finally, I would say that therapists should remember that with ProCare (as with all contract agencies) positions are generally 9 months (sometimes less) with possibility of renewal. This can be a perfect set-up for getting a foot in the door in a particular setting, but it's a good thing to keep in mind if you are looking for something more long-term

Does not honor contracts or protect employees

I worked at ProCare Therapy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The woman who recruited me was very pleasant and the process was easy. The hourly pay offered was not great, but not horrible, and benefits were available. The process of logging your hours was very simple.

Cons

ProCare does not honor the contracts it signs, and does not protect employees from bad working conditions.
    I signed a contract to work for a particular district from mid-September to the end of the school year. I was told I would be filling in for one teacher while she was on leave, but instead, I was assigned to work at two schools, doing a job that had been filled the previous year by two teachers (a full time and a half time). In addition, while there were two half-time aides for this caseload last year, I was assigned one aide who worked with my students three hours a day. I did not have a room to work in, and sometimes had to go from room to room looking for a place to see my students. My assigned caseload was higher than the legal limit for resource specialists in California. It was an unworkable situation. I asked for help many times. When the kids didn't get their services and parents and teachers complained, I was terminated without explanation or a chance to defend myself. In short, the district was allowed to avoid blame by blaming me instead. ProCare never discussed this with me; the company simply started advertising for a replacement. The contract apparently is meant to bind the employee, but not the employer. I also haven't received pay stubs for my pay checks which were automatically deposited, or my W-2 form, even though it's February.

Advice to Management

Don't allow the people you recruit to be used as a disposable workforce by schools looking to save money, or looking for a quick fix.

8. Special education

I have been working at ProCare Therapy

Pros

Able to find a position in area I wanted to move to
    Phone interview

Cons

Recruiter lied about pay and benefits
    Recruiter and company do not support in any way
    Schools needing a nation wide search to fill positions have something wrong happening not to be able to fill with local candidates

Advice to Management

Support your contracted employees don't let them get treated poorly.

Great Place To Work

I have been working at ProCare Therapy

Pros

ProCare is the best place I've ever worked. I actually look forward to going to work each day because I like the people I work with and what I do.

The earning potential is high and benefits are good.

Cons

The expectations of the managers can be a little intimidating at the the beginning. 75 calls in a day is definitely challenging.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

10. Tough Work Environment, Great Coworkers

Current Employee - Director of Educational Resources
    Current Employee - Director of Educational Resources

I have been working at ProCare Therapy full-time

Pros

Health insurance
    Filtered water
    Clean bathrooms
    Great coworkers
    Wonderful receptionist

Cons

Top-down aggressive management style has workers on-edge
    Quick company growth has shifted ProCare from a small business with a family feel to an extremely "old school" corporate organization
    Management is reactionary and lower management has trouble communicating these ever-shifting tactics
    Individual sales goals are not realistic
    Turnover rate is extremely high, and instead of addressing internal issues, management continues to hire more people, "churn and burn" mentality
    Commission rates are very low
    Contradictory orders/tactics from management
    The answer to any discontent with processes, management, questions is "Be positive and smile" which does not answer the question.
    Sales quotas are not mandated or communicated until someone feels as though you are not hitting them
    Secret meetings, firings, and new changes to the organization have the rumor mill running wild

Advice to Management

ProCare employs many excellent recruiters, and most of them are extremely intelligent. They might have good ideas for how to run the division--it might also help for them to feel as though they have a stake in the company. Something's not working in the division, and it will need to be fixed sooner or later.

Very positive experience as a contract SLP!

Current Contractor - School Speech-Language Pathologist in Orofino, ID
    Current Contractor - School Speech-Language Pathologist in Orofino, ID

I have been working at ProCare Therapy as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

My direct contact at ProCare (one of the Educational Resource Directors) has been a breeze to work with from the start: straightforward, fair, professional, warm. If she says she will do something, she does. She has interceded as needed with my supervisor in the school district when that person attempted to add duties not originally specified during the interview/hiring process, and that was worked out calmly and professionally (and the extra duties were not in the end added to my workload!). A good balance of being there when needed but not micromanaging. Pay has been like clockwork--never a snag, and they have a very user-friendly online timesheet that you enter your time into at the end of the week.

Given that I've now done two contracts with ProCare, I can attest that my initial impression was not a fluke. It's been very nice working with this company!

Cons

The only cons are those related to all contract work (no guarantee that a contract will be renewed, etc.).

Advice to Management

I'd love to see the resources for therapists grow--perhaps evidence-based practice briefs? Databases of digital and printable therapeutic materials? Monthly or quarterly phone staff meetings with contract therapists of the same discipline so they can get to know one another and tackle a practice-related topic? All of these would be welcome additions to an already good company.