ProCare Therapy

4.2

David Alexander

Great Place To Work

I have been working at ProCare Therapy

Pros

ProCare is the best place I've ever worked. I actually look forward to going to work each day because I like the people I work with and what I do.

The earning potential is high and benefits are good.

Cons

The expectations of the managers can be a little intimidating at the the beginning. 75 calls in a day is definitely challenging.

Keep doing what you're doing.

Tough Work Environment, Great Coworkers

Current Employee - Director of Educational Resources
    Current Employee - Director of Educational Resources

I have been working at ProCare Therapy full-time

Pros

Health insurance
    Filtered water
    Clean bathrooms
    Great coworkers
    Wonderful receptionist

Cons

Top-down aggressive management style has workers on-edge
    Quick company growth has shifted ProCare from a small business with a family feel to an extremely "old school" corporate organization
    Management is reactionary and lower management has trouble communicating these ever-shifting tactics
    Individual sales goals are not realistic
    Turnover rate is extremely high, and instead of addressing internal issues, management continues to hire more people, "churn and burn" mentality
    Commission rates are very low
    Contradictory orders/tactics from management
    The answer to any discontent with processes, management, questions is "Be positive and smile" which does not answer the question.
    Sales quotas are not mandated or communicated until someone feels as though you are not hitting them
    Secret meetings, firings, and new changes to the organization have the rumor mill running wild

ProCare employs many excellent recruiters, and most of them are extremely intelligent. They might have good ideas for how to run the division--it might also help for them to feel as though they have a stake in the company. Something's not working in the division, and it will need to be fixed sooner or later.

Very positive experience as a contract SLP!

Current Employee - School Speech-Language Pathologist  in  Orofino, ID
    Current Employee - School Speech-Language Pathologist in Orofino, ID

I have been working at ProCare Therapy as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

My direct contact at ProCare (one of the Educational Resource Directors) has been a breeze to work with from the start: straightforward, fair, professional, warm. If she says she will do something, she does. She has interceded as needed with my supervisor in the school district when that person attempted to add duties not originally specified during the interview/hiring process, and that was worked out calmly and professionally (and the extra duties were not in the end added to my workload!). A good balance of being there when needed but not micromanaging. Pay has been like clockwork--never a snag, and they have a very user-friendly online timesheet that you enter your time into at the end of the week.

Given that I've now done two contracts with ProCare, I can attest that my initial impression was not a fluke. It's been very nice working with this company!

Cons

The only cons are those related to all contract work (no guarantee that a contract will be renewed, etc.).

I'd love to see the resources for therapists grow--perhaps evidence-based practice briefs? Databases of digital and printable therapeutic materials? Monthly or quarterly phone staff meetings with contract therapists of the same discipline so they can get to know one another and tackle a practice-related topic? All of these would be welcome additions to an already good company.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

ProCare rocks!

Current Employee - Director of Educational Resources  in  Skokie, IL
    Current Employee - Director of Educational Resources in Skokie, IL

I have been working at ProCare Therapy

Pros

I love working for ProCare. We have a close group that cares about serving children, schools and our therapists. At the end of the day, I feel great about the work I do.

Cons

There's not a lot of room for advancement within the company. It's a very flat organization with two levels: management and educational resource directors.

Keep doing what you are doing. The vibe and energy at ProCare is inspiring. It's nice to know that the company still has it's small company/family feel.

Worked for ProCare Therapy? Contribute to the Community!