ProCare Therapy Reviews

4.0
David Alexander

1. ProCare Therapy Recruiter

Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ProCare Therapy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy working with such a diverse group of people. In my short time here, I have met some pretty great friends. I think the pay is definitely fair for first time recruiters. The company truly cares about our success and wealth in the company, which I appreciate!

Cons

I would like to see less cliques of people and more inclusion. I have nothing negative to say about ProCare Therapy! I would like to see more work at home days (because who doesn't)! And possibly more commission. Other than that I love it here.

2. Love my ProCare Family!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ProCare Therapy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I absolutely love my ProCare family. I have been working for the company over 6 years and I can truly say it's one of the best jobs I've ever had in my career so far. It honestly feels like a family and we care about each other, inspire one another, and life each other up.

Cons

I am having a hard time thinking of some cons. Maybe offer more work from home days or telecommuting?

Advice to Management

Great job - keep it up!

Account Executive at ProCare Therapy

Current Employee - Director of Educational Resources in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Director of Educational Resources in Atlanta, GA

Pros

The people! My colleagues are my best friends. I truly enjoy coming to work everyday because of the friendly smiles and lasting relationships that I have with my "family".

Cons

The commission split, I wish it was better for us, we work so hard for it!

Positive experience all-around!

I have been working at ProCare Therapy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Strong commitment to each therapist that comes on board. Recruiters work hard to find people their ideal jobs and offer support throughout the assignment. -Many therapists renew their contracts year after year which is a positive indicator! -Clear intentions set by management for the team as a whole and for each individual. Everyone has a clearly defined purpose and goals. -Pleasant, social environment. It's clear that everyone gets along nicely and enjoys interacting as a team. -Compensation is what I was looking for

Cons

-Contract agencies cannot always find people the perfect job. Sometimes, therapists will have to take a second choice or even third choice job. -It's also important to remember that experiences can differ for each therapist based on the school they are placed with and the recruiter that they work with. -Finally, I would say that therapists should remember that with ProCare (as with all contract agencies) positions are generally 9 months (sometimes less) with possibility of renewal. This can be a perfect set-up for getting a foot in the door in a particular setting, but it's a good thing to keep in mind if you are looking for something more long-term

Sr. Director of Educational Resources

I have been working at ProCare Therapy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best thing about ProCare is the team itself. In my experience, the people who work at ProCare genuinely enjoy working together and supporting each other. The company is ideal for school therapists who are flexible with location or who work in a specialized discipline. ProCare Therapy has great benefit packages for therapists who might consider relocating for an assignment. If you are interested in multiple locations, check with ProCare Therapy first before applying directly with a district. ProCare Therapy can pay for relocation, help with obtaining a license, and can provide a housing stipend for candidates who qualify.

Cons

As a therapist or traveler, you can get a completely different experience depending on which recruiter you work with. Since the team is constantly growing, you might end up working with a brand new recruiter and your assignment might not run as smoothly.

Does not honor contracts or protect employees

I worked at ProCare Therapy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The woman who recruited me was very pleasant and the process was easy. The hourly pay offered was not great, but not horrible, and benefits were available. The process of logging your hours was very simple.

Cons

ProCare does not honor the contracts it signs, and does not protect employees from bad working conditions. I signed a contract to work for a particular district from mid-September to the end of the school year. I was told I would be filling in for one teacher while she was on leave, but instead, I was assigned to work at two schools, doing a job that had been filled the previous year by two teachers (a full time and a half time). In addition, while there were two half-time aides for this caseload last year, I was assigned one aide who worked with my students three hours a day. I did not have a room to work in, and sometimes had to go from room to room looking for a place to see my students. My assigned caseload was higher than the legal limit for resource specialists in California. It was an unworkable situation. I asked for help many times. When the kids didn't get their services and parents and teachers complained, I was terminated without explanation or a chance to defend myself. In short, the district was allowed to avoid blame by blaming me instead. ProCare never discussed this with me; the company simply started advertising for a replacement. The contract apparently is meant to bind the employee, but not the employer. I also haven't received pay stubs for my pay checks which were automatically deposited, or my W-2 form, even though it's February.

Advice to Management

Don't allow the people you recruit to be used as a disposable workforce by schools looking to save money, or looking for a quick fix.

8. Special education

Pros

Able to find a position in area I wanted to move to Phone interview

Cons

Recruiter lied about pay and benefits Recruiter and company do not support in any way Schools needing a nation wide search to fill positions have something wrong happening not to be able to fill with local candidates

Advice to Management

Support your contracted employees don't let them get treated poorly.

Great Place To Work

Pros

ProCare is the best place I've ever worked. I actually look forward to going to work each day because I like the people I work with and what I do. The earning potential is high and benefits are good.

Cons

The expectations of the managers can be a little intimidating at the the beginning. 75 calls in a day is definitely challenging.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

10. Tough Work Environment, Great Coworkers

Current Employee - Director of Educational Resources
    Current Employee - Director of Educational Resources

I have been working at ProCare Therapy full-time

Pros

Health insurance Filtered water Clean bathrooms Great coworkers Wonderful receptionist

Cons

Top-down aggressive management style has workers on-edge Quick company growth has shifted ProCare from a small business with a family feel to an extremely "old school" corporate organization Management is reactionary and lower management has trouble communicating these ever-shifting tactics Individual sales goals are not realistic Turnover rate is extremely high, and instead of addressing internal issues, management continues to hire more people, "churn and burn" mentality Commission rates are very low Contradictory orders/tactics from management The answer to any discontent with processes, management, questions is "Be positive and smile" which does not answer the question. Sales quotas are not mandated or communicated until someone feels as though you are not hitting them Secret meetings, firings, and new changes to the organization have the rumor mill running wild

Advice to Management

ProCare employs many excellent recruiters, and most of them are extremely intelligent. They might have good ideas for how to run the division--it might also help for them to feel as though they have a stake in the company. Something's not working in the division, and it will need to be fixed sooner or later.

ProCare rocks!

Current Employee - Director of Educational Resources in Skokie, IL
    Current Employee - Director of Educational Resources in Skokie, IL

Pros

I love working for ProCare. We have a close group that cares about serving children, schools and our therapists. At the end of the day, I feel great about the work I do.

Cons

There's not a lot of room for advancement within the company. It's a very flat organization with two levels: management and educational resource directors.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. The vibe and energy at ProCare is inspiring. It's nice to know that the company still has it's small company/family feel.

RSS Feed </> Embed