ProHealth Care

Add Photos

Susan Edwards

Overall 'OK' company

I worked at ProHealth Care full-time for more than 3 years

Prosgreat coworkers, work-life balance, company values

Consno personal growth, career model, office space is limited

Advice to Senior Managementplease take more interest in the individuals who actually work

20 years was great and then a new manager who was not nice at all

I worked at ProHealth Care full-time for more than 10 years

ProsPTO, most of the people were great to work with. Cooperation among the "workers" was great, but ideas don't get implemented without managers buying in.

ConsManagement that abuse the system and an HR team that doesn't care. They have these mission and value statements, but they are just words if they are not put to use.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up! you are losing good workers because of poor managers

They have management issues which I understand have only gotten worse since I left in 2011.

Accountant (Former Employee)
Pewaukee, WI

I worked at ProHealth Care full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWork/life balance was fairly good.

ConsThere are a lot of unhappy people here who want to leave. The corporate culture doesn't leave one with a positive feeling.

Advice to Senior ManagementNew policies on cutting costs by delivering less services to patients and wiping out the entire executive team in the first year after Susan took the helm, have hurt the company's reputation.. employee loyalty and morale are at an all-time low.

Prohealth care Going downhill

I have been working at ProHealth Care full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSome nice staff. Big remodeling of hospital

ConsAll management. Things are being taken away! Company is forgetting about quality healthcare and taking care of employes and patients. They will fire you if you don't act like the robot they want.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the CEO and upper management and get people hired who care about more than just the bottom line!. The word is getting around to not work for prohealth care.

Insane Expectations of Employees

Professional (Current Employee)

I have been working at ProHealth Care full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat co-workers, good food if you can get to the cafeteria, free parking

ConsThey are starting to forget about the patients. There is no work/life balance. Little appreciation is shown to employees. High employee turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange is good and it must be done to survive. But... don't ask the front line for advise about changes and then completely disregard it without explanation. Show appreciation for employees. That means managers sincerely thanking employees for giving all they do. Some top in command don't even live in Wisconsin, just fly in & out. They don't attend community events and don't appear to be invested in the community. Work on that perception. Hire more front line workers so that patients get their needs met or they will go elsewhere.

Bigger means lesser efficiency!

I worked at ProHealth Care full-time for more than 10 years

Prosfree parking, they painted a nice picture, but don't be fooled!

ConsIt is putting emotional and psychological slavery onto its employees (almost all women)! This is not the nice place to work at 15 years ago. Money at the expense of womens soul is the motivation here. Women you need to stand up for whats right. You know you don't want your daughters to work here. Stressing out by having everyone mutlitask so much that you feel incompleted/depressed by the time you leave work. Stress causes the nicest employees to fight with each other!! And NOTHING is done about it. DO NOT WORK HERE! Its been increasingly going downhill for womens stress for 15 years. In the last 5 years tons of great physicians and managers and nurses have left the company. That tells you something. It rarely happened that people left 15 years ago. Find a small private business if you can! This place terminates you out once you catch on to how they are controlling you.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet better by meeting the front lines needs. EMOTIONAL NEEDS are at war at this employment. What are YOU going to do about it?

Management needs help

I have been working at ProHealth Care for more than 3 years

ProsLove my job and co-workers

ConsBureaucracy, ineffective management & wasteful practices drive me insane!

Advice to Senior ManagementHire enough people to do the jobs rather than demanding quantity and not caring about quality. (specific example: cash posting) Train those people thoroughly. Empower workers to do their jobs and let them work. Fix the problems, instead of trying to find bandaids or stop-gap measures.

Good place to work

I have been working at ProHealth Care full-time for more than a year

ProsStaffing ratios are reasonable compared to other hospitals. Deep rooted in the community

ConsMany benefits taken away over recent years (although this is happening throughout most places). A lot of big changes that aren't communicated well

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate better with employees about change and take recommendations from the front line staff

Very limited space in office

I worked at ProHealth Care

ProsOffice is located in good location but office space is limited

ConsManagement was not good
Very indifferent and partial

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time

Flip Flopping Management

I have been working at ProHealth Care part-time for more than 3 years

ProsDeeply rooted in the community with a great patient population. ProHealth Care has the potential to be the best healthcare provider in the state.

ConsPoor staffing ratios, pay that is not competitive, high employee turnover including management turnover (lots of big changes and everyone jumped ship), organization is not loyal to employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you take care of your employees they will be loyal back. Hold managers accountable for improving employee satisfaction surveys, maybe ask for responses more frequently. I keep hearing from colleagues that ProHealth Care used to be a great place to work. What changed?

Worked for ProHealth Care? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ProHealth Care reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ProHealth Care CEO Susan Edwards. All 17 reviews posted anonymously by ProHealth Care employees.