ProKarma Reviews

ProKarma

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at ProKarma full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked at big companies and small. ProKarma is a growing company going corporate. My inputs are valued, the direction of the company is clear, pay is above average, and the culture is exceptional. There is an expectation of excellence, but no micromanagement. I am given the freedom to own my job. I love it.

Cons

Normal growing pains of a growing company that is adding new people. Pace can be hectic, but rewarding. You are expected to do your job, not the best place for someone who needs constant feedback.

Advice to Management

Add some middle managers. Executive team is busy and still trying to manage, might be time to let go of some duties. However, whatever you do DONT MESS WITH THE CULTURE!

Very good company to work for

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Omaha, NE

I have been working at ProKarma full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very good company to work for. the company has great momentum going into 2015.

Cons

All will have to work hard to keep the growth and customer coming.

Advice to Management

Keep up the growth and momentum going. I am proud to be associated with the company.

3. Tech Lead

Current Employee - Technical Lead in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Technical Lead in Omaha, NE

I have been working at ProKarma full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome company, where we get freedom of work and a place to excellence your skills

Cons

No hierarchy in company. This makes you limited opportunities to grow in position wise.

Old school policies and micro-management, hypocrisy and favoritism.

Current Employee - Resource Manager in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Resource Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at ProKarma full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It pays the bills, for now.

Cons

The company try to taut themselves as a innovative IT solutions company but in short this is a staffing company and a bad one at that. The management says they offer flexibility and challenges when in reality they offer little flexibility with your role or your ability to work varied hours or remotely. The inequality and favoritism is rampant. Some employees get flex with their schedules and can work remotely and others can't. Some employees are given additional resources and perks to help them be successful with their jobs and others are not. Initially I thought this was going to be a company where I could stay long-term and build my career but after 10 months the reality of this company and the management team were crystal clear. The management team is unorganized and some policies and procedures are enforced for these people but not these others. The internal systems and database policies are ever changing and fraudulent activities take place without reprimand or termination. If you are on the "it team" you have it made. If you ever speak up or voice your opinion about anything that in any ways goes against the direction the manager wants you are on the "hit list". The benefits are horrible. They only offer 15 days of PTO and 6 holidays and are firm about those PTO days. Don't even think about working from home if you are sick, they will force you to come to office or take a vacation day (without regard to others in the office and getting them sick). Management pretends to be transparent and have an open-door policy but everything you say will be used against you. They want their employees to do as they say without question. If you need to work after hours or weekends you are never compensated with time off later. Conferences and company events that are required on weekends are just expected. The overall environment is dissatisfaction and grumbling. It's not a positive environment to work in or to grow. Compensation is poor compared to other similar companies. Those on commission are never given base salary increases they are just expected to work harder and hopefully make more money. With much of their client base moving to smaller gross margins (to get these large projects) and VMS systems the potential to make six figures is laughable but they will adamantly point that out during the interview process that most of their employees make well over six figures (for this particular role). After two and a half years with the company I can see that isn't going to happen. Not even close. Last year the company increased it's revenue 39% which is huge and guess what we got for a Christmas bonus? A ProKarma polo shirt. I'm not kidding. We didn't even have a holiday party. The longer I am with this company the more I see this is not a place to build my career. It's a good stepping stone for a junior person but senior, experienced people can do better than this place.

Advice to Management

Better benefits and PTO/Holidays, fair and equal treatment for employees, management that allows and offers more flexibility with the work place and office hours/remote work, work on the policies and structure of processes and hold all people accountable for them, create policies that are firm and clear and enforced. Better compensation and commission structure. If expecting employees to work after hours or attend weekend events offer comp time or other benefits to show you appreciate your people. We all know the company increased in revenue and had a very successful year, show your appreciation with a descent holiday bonus and/or holiday event. Create an atmosphere that is cultivating growth and learning and encourages involvement and shows that your voice matters and is appreciated.

6. Company with opportunities to few people

Current Employee - Software Developer in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Omaha, NE

I have been working at ProKarma

Pros

If you are in a good project, Life is good

Cons

Compensation, Leave policy, Minimal Benefits, Minimal opportunities

Very nice experience

I have been working at ProKarma full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They take care of their employees. Best for immigration purpose, No hassles with stamping or GC processing. Long term contracts, Good work-life balance.

Cons

Less client base. Now, its expanding. But, most of the employment contracts are long term.

Good company for talented individuals

Current Employee - Architect in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Architect in Omaha, NE

I have been working at ProKarma full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Most of consultants/leads report directly to VP level(Not a big ladder/hierarchy). Talent and your hard-work is recognized immediately.
    2. Any promises made by management/HR are generally kept and implemented.
    3. Ideal company for talented individuals working for majors like Infy, TCS, CTS etc. ProKarma sponsors Visa and sponsor GC based on profile's merit.

Cons

As Prokarma works based on onsite-offshore model, Offshore Leads/Managers have to be better equipped to handle large teams and complex development projects at offshore and also exceed client's expectations.

Advice to Management

Pls invest little more on building offshore/strong leadership...I am sure you are looking for right candidates. This is applicable not only at top level(VP/AVP) but also at Technical manager level.

Deceptive Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I worked at ProKarma full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are no pros to working for a company that touts itself as caring about its employees when they actually do not.

Cons

Preferential treatment is given to the Indian employees as they will give them essentially anything that they ask for, but they don't do the same for the non-Indian employees. It is shocking to me that USCIS hasn't raided them for the way they do their immigration paperwork. Deception runs rampant and the policies that are in place don't apply to everyone. They pick and choose who has to follow the policies.

Advice to Management

Repay loyalty with loyalty.

Very good for being a consulting/staffing company

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Omaha, NE

I have been working at ProKarma full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible and understanding senior management. Compensation is above average. Strongly recommended if you need immigration sponsorship.

Cons

If need to pick something - limited direct clients which might make finding the next project a little bit worrisome at times. But the sales people are good and they are always working very hard to get more business for the company.

H1 guys Beware. just another consutancy

Current Employee - Consultant in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Consultant in Omaha, NE

I have been working at ProKarma

Pros

contracting ok if you get a high hourly rate.

Cons

Its just another consultancy and low on integrity. They only eye your billing. Tall promises and claims by recruiters and the ceo on immeidate gc processing and projects. they only do eb3 that too after an year. they lure you with eb2 during recruitment. So Beware. low benefits, high insurance deductibles etc. you will be better off with any other consultancy. Not worth of fulltime.

Advice to Management

Do not promise something during recruitment that you are not capable of honouring. Be truthful during recruitment.