ProMedica Reviews

bad

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse  in  Adrian, MI
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Adrian, MI

I have been working at ProMedica full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

good people. to work with. was there for more than 10 years.

Cons

nasty management. lying management. bad experience.

Stuck with no room for growth or advancement

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

I worked at ProMedica as a contractor

Pros

Typically hands off management style, unless people start to panic.

Cons

People panic a lot... Can't move to a position you qualify for if it's not the next step up the ladder and usually just a lot of sideways job transfers that don't really lead anywhere.

A culture of no change, no progress; good if you like the status quo.

Former Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Adrian, MI
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Adrian, MI

I worked at ProMedica part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good teamwork and very friendly co-workers. Good compensation and school reimbursement.

Cons

Lack of efficiency. Tunnel vision leadership. Very outdated processes. Like going back in time 20 years! I was overwhelmed with how behind they were in terms of electronic medical charting and their overall approach to patient care.

Focus on improving the quality of physicians recruited. Pay attention to what your nurses need and say --- they run the show! ProMedica puts the physician first and the nurses and patients second. Very unfortunate.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Management poor at best.

Current Employee - Transcriptionist  in  Maumee, OH
    Current Employee - Transcriptionist in Maumee, OH

I have been working at ProMedica full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Haven't downsized (yet), therefore, I am still employed.

Cons

As long as the work gets done, management is not concerned if the ratio of work per employee is equal or not. For instance in my job field, transcription, six people carry the workload for 8. The same people that don't carry their workload are the same people that are excessively tardy or absent with the rest of us expected to pick up the workload, extra shifts, working late, etc. Each of us has spoke to both our boss and our bosses boss to no avail. Furthermore the answer is the same for each person, it's the first the problem was brought to anyone's attention and second we are asked to keep track of the occurrences. This causes insurmountable stress, the amount of work is visible for anyone to access. Imagine knowing you are making the same amount per hour as a person who completes 10% of the work. It's a bad joke for sure.

When you choose to look the other way and not manage employees it causes stress on the employees trying their best to do a good job. I'm not getting paid for the stress that I'm being subjected to. If I wanted this stress, I would have applied for a management position. Please manage the employees and perform your supervising duties ensuring people are clocking in as scheduled etc. and please use the job completion numbers beside every employees name as a checks and balances tool, but please stop ignoring the problem!

Great place to work, not great for upward movement

Current Employee - Security  in  Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Security in Toledo, OH

I have been working at ProMedica part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people
    Good Pay
    Great benefit options
    Job variety

Cons

Minimal room for advancement
    Lack of monetary advances
    Heavy responsibility for position

Establish advancement opportunities for employees

Fiscally Irresponsible - Losing Money so Fast!

I worked at ProMedica as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

The work is usually incredibly easy. I have never gotten paid so much to stand around and wait for patients.

The benefits were very realistic and much better than a non-professional job. Insurance was reasonable, matching 401(k) and easy accumulation of earned time off. On-call sucked but paid very well.

High-level management and corporate were incredibly passionate and helpful. Whenever possible, they made their rounds, were caring enough to listen and encouraging to our needs.

As a result of owning a large number of hospitals, Promedica offers the opportunity for an employee to transfer out to a number of different locations for promotion or changes in lifestyle. They are incredibly understanding of things that happen and are always eager to train and promote.

Cons

Finances are awful at this company! I know it's a non-profit but, they have no sense of how to save money, spend less and make more. For years, they have gone about spending and spending, getting lazy on wages, lazy on costs, lazy on waste and it has all added up. They are now spending millions on an external firm, to try to recoup the last 10 years of millions lost. As a result, hours have been cut and wages have taken a hit. No department has been excluded.

Nurse, doctors and many office staff have a superiority complex. Although not uniform across the facility, many doctors and nurses (professional medical practitioners) maintained a lack of respect for lesser skilled departments such as environmental, dietary and maintenance. It came across in their body language, emails and constant micro-managing. Oddly enough, the high level executive team and a lot of the specialists are free of that arrogance and high school behavior.

Many department heads should have been let go years ago. They have been consistently losing money and when they've made mistakes their team gets punished, not them. There is too much buddy-buddy going on and as a result, many of these untrained and incompetent workers are leading the rest of us.

Not the best employer for non-clinicians

I have been working at ProMedica

Pros

There seems to be some stability, so job security is decent if you at least try to do your job well. Depending on your position and skills, there are possibilities to move around in the company.

Cons

If you're not a clinician, this might not be the right fit for you. I've never worked in another hospital or health system, but it seems that clinicians get preferential treatment. It would be nice to see the organization value the non-clinicians, as their roles are important and necessary for smooth functioning.

Promedica is a facility full of hypocrites & many unethical practices going on

I worked at ProMedica full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I am not sure I can think of any

Cons

there are too many to list

be fair to current employees, clean up the entire hospital

Not very challenging or fulfilling.

Former Employee - Senior Analyst  in  Toledo, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Toledo, OH

I worked at ProMedica

Pros

Good benefits, work life balance. Not too demanding.

Cons

Awful compensation, middle-management is awful, senior/executive-level management is really great but don't get much exposure. Never received a performance review, even though I requested one.

Stable company to work for with below average salaries

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst  in  Toledo, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Toledo, OH

I worked at ProMedica

Pros

Stable indutry, good health benefits

Cons

below average pay scale compared to other companys in the area

Worked for ProMedica? Contribute to the Community!