ProStep Rehabilitation

ProStep Rehabilitation Reviews

Updated May 17, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great company with a great reputation!

Assistant Facility Rehab Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Abington, PA

ProsVery competitive salary (BUT NEGOTIATE!!!), clincal ladder, +PTO, fair 401k, not so hot medical but I didn't need any

ConsFar from home (almost an hour)

Advice to Senior ManagementNone yet, just started!

Absolutely punitive environment,COTA & PTA are in charge and have little to no experience

Therapist (Former Employee)
    Bremerton, WA

Prospay was decent as were benefits (but not worth staying for)

Conshorrible experience, COTA pretended to be PT during interview, CNA turned PTA continuously looked for "Write you up" opportunities. PTA said she "deserved respect" since she received her PTA degree and "knew just as much if not more than a therapist"

Advice to Senior Managementwatch your current employees....they tied a patient to a bike to get productivity! extremely punitive, you are sent home and hours cut if you do not compete for patients....PTA makes up the schedule. Poor acceptance of new hires.....just an awful place to work.

Able to provide good care, increasing focus on productivity

Physical Therapist (Current Employee)

Proscare centered, good caseload mix, good pay, performance-based bonuses, freedom to focus on treating patients, flexible hours/ schedules

Conshigh cost of health insurance, increasing focus/pressure on productivity, fair training, difficulty maintaining permanent staff

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Facility Rehab Manager

Rehab Manager (Former Employee)
    Richmond, KY

ProsProgressive company. Resident care focused. Best Long Term Care / Rehab Company I have worked for.

ConsNo longer have facilities in Kentucky.

Management style was very punitive with unrealistic productivity goals.

Occupational Therapist (Former Employee)
    Minneapolis, MN

ProsPay was good. Sufficient supplies and large rehab department

ConsNo room for growth or advancement. Experienced clinicians often overlooked, and passed up for inexperienced staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry a less punitive mangement style. Provide a more mentoring ,positive environment. Trust your employees to be professionals. Don't micromanage.

Finally - a rehab company I am proud to work for!

Facility Rehab Manager (Current Employee)

Prosethical, fair compensation, amazing regional management, fully pay for CEUs and license fees, good work/life balance; during the Med B pre auth process, my friends at other companies were asked to withhold treatment, while ProStep encouraged us to continue to treat and offered ongoing support to improve documentation for optimizing approvals.

Conscons are typical for our changing SNF environment - offering 7 day per week coverage, no longer enjoying holidays off; wage freeze for the past year - BUT - I am so impressed that with Medicare reimbursement changes ProStep eliminated jobs in area and regional management - no clinical staff were eliminated and though we didn't receive raises, wages weren't cut.

Advice to Senior Managementsupply adequate technology and upgrade server system if you truly want us to achieve productivity standards.

A very meaningful purpose to one's professional life

ProsGreat co-workers who have a strong purpose to serve their clients.

ConsBoard members need to be more activily involved on a regular basis.

Advice to Senior ManagementExpense management and control needs to be tightened up across all business lines

Great Place to Work

Speech Pathologist (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits, great coworkers and loved the positive atmosphere of the rehab gym and other therapists. My facility rehab coordinator was also very wonderful and understanding as I was a new therapist still learning the ropes of working in a skilled nursing facility. Productivity expectations were much more reasonable (82%) compared to other SNF companies which can require up to 98%.

ConsFinding consistent supervising as a CF was challenging. This facility was considered a teaching facility and could provide adequate teaching (to my knowledge) for everyone but speech therapy. Nursing was nearly always understaffed and overworked which impacted my ability to fully implement therapy plans with residents which required nursing participation.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be better protocols in place for providing supervising for SLPs in their CF.

Competitive salary with room to grow

FRC (Current Employee)

ProsAs a PT there iis room to grow in this company as long as you are on top of your game.

ConsCompany benefits have deteriorated. 401k matching no longer offered. Medical co-pay has increased. Another downside would be company job recruiters don't last very long.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to coporate is to bring back 401k company matching. Improve employees health insurance co-pay. Irradicate those none performing area directors and regional directors.

The company has loss it's focus of client centered care

Occupational Therapist (Current Employee)

ProsThe salary and benefits are comparable to other employers and I rarely had trouble taking PTO. The therapy staff is very friendly and demonstrated excellent interdisciplinary communication. For a skilled nursing environment, there was a variety of age groups and diagnosis. The therapy department has multiple therapists with many years of experience.

ConsThere was very little support for therapy from nursing, for instance pain management with medications in order to participate, requested patients dressed and out of bed, etc. A lot of tension and dysfunction between therapy as a department and other departments. High productivity standard and the company decided to reduce the number of hours of support staff making transportaiton of patients and many other elements of care more difficult for cinicians, therefore we achieved lower productivity. Bonuses are earned by meeting productivity standards, which is not an achieveable goal. No overtime offered for support staff (therapy techs) so they often worked off the clock to complete all that was required of them. Discontinued support for cont ed. through re-imbursement of the class or days off to attend class. CNAs rarely penalized for mistakes in following plan of care, ultimately reducing the patient's progress IE Completely helping a patient with clothing management while they toilet when they only need SBA.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease the number of therapy techs to support the number of therapists and case demands. Select an achieveable productivity standard. Improve the relationship between nursing and therapy to support the therapist and patient's success; follow resident care plans. Support your staff so they can help others.

Worked for ProStep Rehabilitation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ProStep Rehabilitation reviews and ratings. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by ProStep Rehabilitation employees.