ProTransport-1

Elena Whorton

Account Rep

Current Employee - Accounts Receivable in Cotati, CA
    Current Employee - Accounts Receivable in Cotati, CA

I have been working at ProTransport-1 full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Easy to get hired and get experience

Cons

Too many favorites. The favorites dont even know what they are doing. But they arent expected to have a work load. They run around doing whatever they want. Its all a big clique. They swear and cuss all day long. Training sucks. All you do is sit there watching someone work. They dont want you watching them so you just feel like a pest and like you are bothering them.

Talk to you new hires. Dont make them come to you and ask every day ..what do you want me to do today. COMMUNICATE. And make sure the people you are having train the AR people actually want to be doing that job. The one I had ignored me the whole time. I said good morning and she wouldnt even acknowledge me. I was unwanted and felt it from her.

Tsk tsk

I worked at ProTransport-1

Pros

Easy hiring process. Convenient location, felt a little more comfortable speaking with co-workers than supervisors. They had a better attitude overall.

Cons

Horrible dispatchers, serious lack of organization. Old vehicles that can break down any minute, especially the vans. Nobody really takes pride in keeping the vehicles clean (that's frightening).

Your employees are not happy. Buttering them up every now and again with food isn't going to cut it. There's something wrong if you have employees ripping a new one on here, and leaving the place all at once. Also, have some accountability. I mean don't allow people to send in their issues, only to receive a sarcastic, childish, finger pointing response. Get it together already

Very disorganized management

Former Employee - Accounts Receivable in Cotati, CA
    Former Employee - Accounts Receivable in Cotati, CA

I worked at ProTransport-1 full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free lunch, Company Picnic, Nice facility

Cons

Management, Pay, Benefits, Management, MANAGEMENT!

Get it together! Stop working against eachother, and listen to your employees.

No Job security

Former Employee - EMT-Basic in Concord, CA
    Former Employee - EMT-Basic in Concord, CA

I worked at ProTransport-1 full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They are always hiring because the turn over is crazy bad.

Cons

The management is terrible, no job security, they will bluntly lie about situations during review and write you up under false accusations.

Follow your own policies. Dont fire people for talking about a union that you made a necessity.

It's been a great job

Current Employee - EMT-Basic in Modesto, CA
    Current Employee - EMT-Basic in Modesto, CA

I have been working at ProTransport-1 (more than 3 years)

Pros

Love my work, ambulances are new, equipment is state of the art, people are nice. Enjoy helping my patients

Cons

Lots of young people still living with mom and dad, unfamiliar with work in general, just hate it when I get stuck on a shift with a prima dona

Hire adults, work more with temsa, these people have to drive them crazy too. Most of us love our job, its hard hearing whining all day though.

Please, only work here if you absolutely have to.

Current Employee - EMT-Basic in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - EMT-Basic in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at ProTransport-1 full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Newer Ambulances
    Many calls from Stanford University Medical Center

Cons

Abhorrent company management
    Complete disregard for employee wellbeing / time
    Constantly in litigation with the union (TEMSA)
    Motto for employees should be "Get in, Get Out, Get On With Your Life"

Lose the adversarial management style. Be a real person and take interest in the lives of your employes. Ask them what their goals are and help them attain them. You don't do this and it's killing morale. I can't recommend you to anyone because of the flagrant abuse of employee time and talent.

If you like working with clowns...this is the place for you!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cotati, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cotati, CA

I worked at ProTransport-1 full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I worked with nice people, but in the end that wasn't enough to make me stay.

Cons

Management is the most unqualified bunch of idiots I have ever seen. There is no communication, no organization and the favorites run around like village idiots, belittling, threatening and forcing their idocracy on everyone in their path. They don't care about the employees, just the money they make off their backs. I have never seen such a high turnover at a company, but that never caused executives to take a look at themselves or management, it was the people leaving who had the problem.

When your employees keep telling you the same thing over and over again, your company sucks, it might be because your company sucks. If I could give you all 0 star ratings, I would.

Work here only as a last resort for EMTs

Current Employee - EMT in Oakland, CA

I have been working at ProTransport-1 part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very easy to get hired, lax requirements, some coworkers are nice

Cons

Very easy to lose job, poor management, rigs and equipment lacking and/or in terrible condition. Often required to work on wheelchair van. Management is unreasonable to workers, willing to cut employees for small reasons, demand 24/7 availability, but at the same time, no guarantee of a shift, strike shifts (4 hr shifts) poor communication between management and workers. Veteran workers and management here walk around with a big chip on shoulder, treating newer employees poorly.

Deceiving claims/ policies on "call bonuses". (Bottom line, dont expect any call bonuses in your paycheck), Lower pay relative to other companies.

ProTransport-1 is also perceived as one of the lowest ambulance companies in the SF Bay Area. Employees that are nice typically leave ProTransport-1 as soon as they can find a better job

Get rid of poor station managers, supervisors and training officers. They cause employees far too many problems. Get rid of limiting policies on call bonuses, or get rid of call bonuses completely

Such a disappointment

Current Employee - EMT in Oakland, CA

I have been working at ProTransport-1 full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's a job... Meet great patients and other emt-b's

Cons

Management is incompetent to a level I can't fathom... It's genuinly severly unintelligent people no commen sence either... The owners seem to be good people and people at corporate office are all kind and have great plans... They have no clue whats going on in the field... The sites are under supplied rigs missing needed supplies, expired insurance chp and reg in each ambulance. 90% of all ambulances are damaged on the exterior and are faded with maintenance needed. From broken rear doors to missing or dangling front plates the fleet is looking neglected.

Clean house with regional management... They will surly irreversibly stain the brand, in due time.

was great, now gtfo.

Current Employee - EMT in Richmond, CA
    Current Employee - EMT in Richmond, CA

I have been working at ProTransport-1 full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

hires entry level, ability to move up food chain, mostly safe working environment

Cons

transitioned from a 'family' company invested in its employees to a big business behemoth. no longer treats individual patients with same level of dedication as hospital contracts. management rules by fear and incompetence.

start hiring people who can actually manage and not just play favorites and fast-and-loose with regulations. *listen* to your employees; there's a reason they were forced to unionize...you stopped listening.

ProTransport-1 Photos