ProVest

Updated October 14, 2014
Updated October 14, 2014
2.2

Scott Strady

Great company if you seize the opportunity

I have been working at ProVest full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunity to advance your career if you are willing to take risks. Some issues and politics to play, but once you figure out the game and if you work hard you will succeed. Executives are phenomenal and the company as a whole thrives on customer service.

Cons

Due to state and federal legislation in addition to the current housing market, the volumes are very hard for executives to predict leading to many layoffs and ramp ups in staff. No real way around this

Continue to work hard to keep solid talent and do not be afraid to get rid of dead weight. Much of the staff will never truly understand how difficult it is to keep a service business successful, so don't worry about their gossip and politics. Stay focused on the client and providing excellent service.

ProVest: Turn Around or Turn Upside Down

Former Employee - Clerk in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Clerk in Chicago, IL

I worked at ProVest full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The best thing that I can honestly say about working for Provest is that we didn't have to work weekends. I loved and valued that. I've actually met a few nice people at this company.

Cons

Very high turnover rates, outside of layoffs they fire people for unfair reasons; no effective or organized job training; communication within the company is poor; often overwhelmed with work; understaffed; pay is not very great; unprofessional and unfriendly management team, I've only had one good manager out of my 5-plus years here, I've also been harassed/bullied by certain managers during my time here; certain employees get special treatment so there's lots of favoritism, the best employees are often treated the most poorly, I've been written up for things other employees were allowed to get away with; employee perspectives are never included in company decisions; very little recognition for hard work, the company wouldn't even at least treat us to quarterly luncheons after working so hard for them; no opportunities for advancement in the Chicago office

Work on being more professional overall, tone down the workplace politics, cut out the ego trips, recognize your employees for their hard work, pay people fairly

I've been with this company for over 5 years, but Provest needs to do much better

Current Employee - Clerk in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Clerk in Chicago, IL

I have been working at ProVest full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Inexpensive medical insurance premiums, very convenient Chicago office location for me, some of the employees are actually nice and professional

Cons

Often overwhelmed with work, unsatisfactory wages, understaffed teams, unprofessional management, office culture is full of favoritism, employees not included in company decisions

Staff your teams better, show more recognition for hard work, stop showing special treatment to certain people

Stay Away

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Tampa, FL

I worked at ProVest full-time (less than a year)

Pros

High salary. Very relaxed atmosphere

Cons

Favoritism is rampant. When company was going on a major slide downward executives went to Apple's conference in CA. Code-base is incredibly old. Too much customization for the bigger clients.

The WORST Process Serving Company I've ever dealt with

Former Employee - Process Server
    Former Employee - Process Server

I worked at ProVest as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

None that I could find. I threw in the towel after just 2 assignments.

Cons

Extremely LOW PAY

Despite really low pay they want you to be at their beck and call (meaning they expected a $15 assignment to be done that day. For those who have no experience in the Process Serving field, the going contractor rate starts at a minimum of $25 a paper. I worked for companies that pay as high as $45 a document)

No respect for their contractors. If you don't jump on it, then they'll reassign the cases without even telling you

VERY Disorganized. (On one email it said an assignment has to be done within 7 days. They turn around and get nasty with me and say the assignments have to be attempted within 24 hours.

Also took them 2 months to finally bring me on. But not before they misled me with a few things.

Value your people and get orgainized even if that entails hiring a temp agency to help.

Stay Away

Former Employee - Clerk in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Clerk in Tampa, FL

I worked at ProVest full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Was good during the recession. But this is one of those companies that does worse when the economy does better

Cons

so many layoffs the management had become hardened to employees

Compassion. Laid off. One of the managers said "just business:. Absolutely no compassion for the 100 people whose lives had been thrown into turmoil

Don't get used to being there long.

I have been working at ProVest

Pros

No Pros at all whatsoever.

Cons

Not liked it used to be when they had internal customer service.

Good experience

Former Employee - Task Manager in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Task Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at ProVest full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly people, flexible hours, good atmosphere

Cons

Frustrating software, hard to reach some people

better software

It was definitely an experience.

I have been working at ProVest full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The work environment is casual and very entertaining at times.

Cons

This job can be very stressful because it deals with serving foreclosure documents. This company is great when the economy is bad and declines as the economy is getting better. I will like to call it a double edge sword.

I think it would help the company more to expand their horizons and to acquire business other then foreclosures.

Horrible People, maybe to be expected from the repo industry

Former Employee - IT Management in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - IT Management in Tampa, FL

I worked at ProVest full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The paychecks came on time. Really everything abut this company was bad, mid-level management through the executives were all some of the most corrupt and horrible people ever.

Cons

Lack of integrity. Corruption. Robo-signing! This company is rotten to the core, it is filled with management who's sole purpose to to milk money from the companies owners.