Processes Unlimited Intl

Updated September 9, 2014
2.8

Processes Unlimited Intl General Manager & President Dan Bernstein
Dan Bernstein

I worked in process unlimited in kuwait and found its good and well settle organisation.

Former Employee - Project (Instrumentation & Control) Engineer  in  New Canada, ME
    Former Employee - Project (Instrumentation & Control) Engineer in New Canada, ME

I worked at Processes Unlimited Intl full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

As i know to work in this organisation gives me good knowledge about my field.

Cons

Good care of employ and good relation between employ and his supervisor

Previously happily employed admin

I worked at Processes Unlimited Intl full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company had some of the best people I have ever worked with.

Cons

Multiple offices meant that sometime work was split-up across the country.

Get the employee evaluations done on time. I worked for over two years without any official evaluations.

Company Culture is very relaxed

Current Employee - Information Technology  in  Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - Information Technology in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at Processes Unlimited Intl full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Staff are easy to work with. No pressure from management. Able to work in relative freedom.

Cons

Not too much upward movement - evidence of glass ceiling in some departments.

Listen to more innovative ideas from younger generation.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If you are old and can't work, or you have no ambition in your life then, "Welcome to Pro-U"

I have been working at Processes Unlimited Intl

Pros

"Great place for those who are stupid" You will get a lot of attention, only if you are stupid, if you can keep making stupid jokes all the time and almost force people to enjoy your stupidity.

"Doesn't matter what time you come in!!!" because anyways you won't have anything to do unless you go to bunch of "pretending busy" senior engineers and beg them for work.

Are you an Engineer??? too bad because they don't want you, every time I look at my manager I feel like he is confuse why did he hire me when he doesn't have any work for me.

"The work here is challenging" Yes friends, your work majorly will be to find work, and you have to be lucky to be able to work 40 chargable hrs a week.

Cons

No scope for progress in the company
    Not good for engineers.
    Not enough work, because of small projects.

company needs to have a strong marketing dept, a project control dept, a specific guideline for estimation of the project, Oh God!!! they need a specific guideline for everything.
    Summary: STOP WORKING AS IF YOU ARE A GENERAL CONTRACTOR COMPANY,
                     ATLEAST TRY TO ACT LIKE AN ENGINEERING CONSULTING COMPANY.

Work in this company ONLY for survival...Not a good place to settle down!!

Former Employee - Engineer  in  Bakersfield, CA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Bakersfield, CA

I worked at Processes Unlimited Intl full-time for more than a year

Pros

Human Resources is proactive and administrative services offers good training programs

Cons

No exciting job opportunities..It is difficult to get promoted in career path. Namesake engineering firm

work on getting good engineering projects (technically)

Good place to work, pay can seriously be improved (not exaggerating).

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at Processes Unlimited Intl full-time for less than a year

Pros

Background - before joing ProU I had spent a little over 2 years in downstream oil refining. My bread and butter here at ProU is upstream oil production. The senior engineers see me as a junior/entry level engineer because I didn't have much experience with upstream. They take the time to explain things to me and are very helpful and concerned about my growth in the company. The vibe I get from ProU is that once you've passed the probation period you're family and they'll try to work with you to keep you on board. Meaning, if you mess up and don’t mesh well, they are gracious and try to move you around to where you're productive and a good fit. (I'm speaking as a third party observer.)

Cons

Sometimes they don't have enough work for all disciplines and too much work for some. Process/Project engineers always seem busy, they can work 50+ hours a week if they wanted. Mechanical and administrative not show much. I saw a mechanical/project engineer get cut after about 3 months, a project assistant was cut hours because they didn't have enough work for her to do. Pay is a big area I feel like they need improvement. When you first come on as a temp your hourly rate is around market value, maybe a little lower. But when they offer you full-time status with benefits they'll cut your rate, their initial offer was a $5 rate cut for me. That’s 10,400 a year! They offer the usual benefits, 401k matching, vacation and holiday pay. Two differences are that they do pay for a large portion of your health premium and offer quarterly project performance bonuses (based on project metrics). A 10,400 a year rate cut was kind of shocking because I was offered a higher rate WITH benefits fresh out of college. Now I can understand the argument that cost of living is lower, hence the lower rate. But one can also make the argument that the reason for the lower cost of living is because it is not that great of a place to live, so to make up for that you pay a higher rate or at least be at market value. (I read an article by CNN that ranked Bakersfield as the No. 1 polluted city in the US.) Think of the increased rate as hazard pay. (People get paid crazy amounts of money to work in the frozen tundra, this is the same, although on a much smaller scale.)

Pay a higher rate our you'll loose people.

A company to work with if you cannot find a better place

Current Employee - Principal Engineer  in  Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at Processes Unlimited Intl

Pros

Flexible work schedule
    Good work environment between employees
    Provide good health insurance plans
    Free of alcohol and drugs work enviroment by periodical free employee tests

Cons

Limited technical capacity to perform engineering work
    Limited amound of tools and sofwares to work with (engineering)
    Management with lack of experience to handle clients interest
    Lack of management valuable principles like: trust, respect & hosnesty in clients and internal relationships.

There is a lot of room for management improvements in terms of experience, capacity, and values.
    ProU needs to pay more attention to clients claims if they really want to nuture its relationships.
    There is a lot of room for improvements of the company professional image due to all above comments.

It has its pros and cons

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at Processes Unlimited Intl

Pros

ProU has a good backlog of work, so if a person performs, they can have steady work.
    The commute times in Bakersfield are shorter than in other areas.
    The workforce is diverse as far as ethnicity.

Cons

The air pollution in the San Joaquin Valley is an issue, no matter what corporation you are working for.
    There are some "dinosaurs" in the company who apparently cannot be got rid of. The company risks becoming ossified due to unwillingness to adapt.
    All the CAD is still 32 bit at this late date (2012).

Some of the upper management have not grown at the same rate as the company. They probably did fine when it was a small mom and pop outfit, but the complexity of the organization has outstripped their ability to learn and adapt. ProU will continue to grow when the oil price is up, and shrink when the oil price is down. Trying to diversify by purchasing other companies doesn't seem to be working.

Management does not recognize the hard workers!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bakersfield, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

I worked at Processes Unlimited Intl

Pros

co-workers are easy going and great to work with!

Cons

Management does not recognize the hard workers and gives minimal pay rates to the design teams and rather give excellent rates to overhead employees.

Cut parts of management that do amost nothing and reward the "moneymakers" in the company!

Unnecessary expenditures from Senior Management take away bonuses and slow 401k contributions.

I have been working at Processes Unlimited Intl

Pros

I work in a loving atmosphere that will rarely gets old.

Cons

There's no where to move "up" in this company. A person had to have come into the company when it first started, then loyalty (good ole boy) mentality kicks in, and they can do no wrong.

Start listening to your market managers and come up with more creative ways to save money than cutting salaries 5.5%. Nobody likes ERP, or having to go through an extra step here, and another there. Remember, ProU is an ENGINEERING FIRM!! - NOT a software development center. We should have scrapped ERP implementation two years ago. We'd be better off with manual Excel spreadsheets, not to mention more PROFITABLE.

Worked for Processes Unlimited Intl? Contribute to the Community!