Procore Technologies

Updated January 14, 2015
4.8

Procore Technologies Founder & CEO Craig “Tooey” Courtemanche
Craig “Tooey” Courtemanche

This is a great company to work for.

Current Employee - Market Response Group in Willmar, MN
    Current Employee - Market Response Group in Willmar, MN

I have been working at Procore Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. Clean, Organised, and Fun.

Cons

Rapid growth means lots of changes.

Challenging, rewarding and fun

Current Employee - Key Account Manager in Carpinteria, CA
    Current Employee - Key Account Manager in Carpinteria, CA

I have been working at Procore Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Awesome culture, great product, room for career growth, fast moving and exciting. Growing very fast!

Cons

Would not be a good fit for those who need constant instruction on what to do and struggle to work independently.

Don't lose the great culture as we grow!

Positive energy is contagious

Current Employee - Customer Success in Carpinteria, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Success in Carpinteria, CA

I have been working at Procore Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

So many smart people work here it's kind of inspiring. The co-founders walk the walk and embody our values; openness, optimism, and ownership. The people here are among the most empowered group of employees I've been around. As far as perks, there are many: Beachside office, dogs, beer fridge, catered lunches, laid back vibe, and the co-founders know our names! I think that because it is obvious that the company tries hard to take care of the employees, it's pretty natural that we're a pretty happy group.

Cons

We're growing quickly so there are some pain points that can be experienced. We've outgrown our current office space (but we're getting a new building soon!) and the Engineering team definitely needs leaders.

Don't let flat management for the sake of flat management be a pitfall. But, so far so good!

Great company on the path to market dominance.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Carpinteria, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Carpinteria, CA

I have been working at Procore Technologies full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The best things about working here are the beer fridge and the free lunches. Actually, those are just some of the perks. I've had the best experience working here. My hours are flexible (within reason), my colleagues are all positive, intelligent and dedicated. The company invests in my future by buying materials, conference tickets, etc. Benefits are good, including health insurance and 401(k) matching.

Cons

The workforce is young, on average. Inexperience can sometimes be a problem.

Keep focusing on your employees.

Best company that I've worked for so far. Best tech company in the Santa Barbara area.

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Carpinteria, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Carpinteria, CA

I have been working at Procore Technologies part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great culture
    Awesome office
    Fair, attentive, and supportive management on all levels
    Tremendous growth
    Maintains start-up feel without the lack of benefits and compensation
    Snacks, food... food
    Very dog friendly and always has been

I've worked at a few companies around the Santa Barbara startup scene now... and Procore is by far the best. Its culture is open and friendly; its management from mid-level to senior executives and friendly, supportive, and genuine.
    Office lunch every week that feels like a family meal. Procore also wants you to get to know other employees... it has a program that sponsors your lunch (on the non-company lunch day) if you take someone out that isn't in your department.

People are competitive but in a collaborative way. They realize that stepping on each others' toes is not a sustainable source for success. Everyone is always trying to create situations where everyone benefits, not just themselves or their team.

Highly recommend.

Cons

Can't say much. I've only had great experiences working here so far. Sometimes a new dog will accidentally go number 1... or number 2 in the office, but that's always cleaned up right away and people have a good laugh about it.

Keep on doing what you're doing. Try to mingle with the entry-level guys a bit more. We really look up to you and would love to learn from you.

Full time: Great company with a great culture.

Current Employee - Product in Carpinteria, CA
    Current Employee - Product in Carpinteria, CA

I have been working at Procore Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Company really encourages you to grow personally and professionally. Personally: There is a lot of encouragement through benefits to be healthy as well (juice delivery to the office for a discount, in-house gym, MindBody card allowances, PTO, yoga, company sports teams, location of the office right on running trails, weekly healthy company lunch, open work environment, etc). and a fully stoked kitchen with stoked with carrots, celery, hummus, cereal, milk, peanut butter, beer, green tea, trail mix/granola bars, chips, sandwich supplies, coffee, and more. They also host company outings (hiking, hockey games, etc. depending on your department). They always encourage you to learn and grow from the managers. It doesn't seem that anyone (including Tooey) has a closed door policy. I feel like I can walk up to anyone with my questions at any time.

Cons

Some of the benefits that they used to have (like quarterly raises) have been abolished due to the growing company. However, they have also added benefits since the rapid growth as well (MindBody cards).

Keep encouraging the company culture even with the growing company!

Hands down the best company I've ever worked for

Current Employee - Web Developer in Carpinteria, CA
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Carpinteria, CA

I have been working at Procore Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Amazing people: genuine, nice, helpful, fun! Superior product: Procore is the industry's best product, so working hard to promote and enhance it comes naturally. Killer location: spend your entire day looking at the majestic Pacific Ocean. Procore believes and invests in their employees: flexible hours, catered food, company-sponsored activities, and more.

Cons

If looking at the ocean and freedom to determine your schedule are counter-productive to a successful work environment, then I guess that would be the only con of working at Procore.

Keep investing in your team! We are thankful for it.

The best company I've ever worked for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carpinteria, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carpinteria, CA

I have been working at Procore Technologies

Pros

This is by far the best company I've ever worked for. I'm surrounded by smart, driven people who want to help the company succeed. Senior management is approachable and makes an effort to ensure that Procore is a great place to work while also emphasizing individual and team performance. An example of some perks of working at the corporate office: free snacks & drinks as well as beer for after work, you can bring your dog, unobstructed ocean views and huge glass windows all around, and weekly catered lunches. Those are all nice to have, but the best part of Procore is the people.

Cons

I'm really nit-picking here, but sometimes people stick to their own department instead of branching out to meet new people in other departments. To encourage everyone to get to know each other, the company started a program where they will pay for your lunch if you invite someone from the company you don't know for the purpose of getting to know them better.

Keep up the good work. You're building something incredible and I'm glad to be a part of it.

By far the best company I have ever worked for!

I have been working at Procore Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

AMAZING culture that spreads to all locations, not just corporate.
    I was shocked by the amount of support I received. (For about the first 2 months, strangers from all departments were constantly reaching out to make sure I was comfortable, to see if had any struggles they could help with, and to ensure I felt like part of the team right away.)
    Very organized and thorough training process. (Not just to learn Procore but even in setting up my entire work experience- other support programs we used, materials, accounts, etc.)
    Everyone truly believes in the company and strives to constantly improve our product and impress our clients.
    The well-being of the employees are always a priority, not just the company itself.
    Procore's becoming a larger company but still has the flexible and open feel of a small start-up.
    There is always opportunity for growth. (Always encouraged to branch out of your typical job role to improve yourself or the company.)
    Great benefits and perks (paid health insurance, PTO, company lunches on Wed, free snacks and drinks, health and wellness allowances, travel to HQ for yearly conference...)
    You are always fairly compensated for the amount of work you do.

Cons

Not many cons. The only thing I can think of are some growing pains right now. We're all trying to catch up from the growth that has occurred so quickly, as well as, trying to plan and be prepared for future the growth that is expected.

Nothing at all!

Great company

Former Employee - Intern in Carpinteria, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in Carpinteria, CA

I worked at Procore Technologies

Pros

Nice people, product is good, company growing rapidly

Cons

isolated. most of the interns are from one school, UCSB.

Keep it up!