Procter & Gamble Reviews in Mehoopany, PA

4.0
2,004 Reviews

Procter & Gamble CEO A.G. Lafley
A.G. Lafley

Pros
  • Everyone is empowered to improve the Business while there is a great work-life balance (in 139 reviews)

• The courses you take here will stay with you even after you leave P&G (in 235 reviews)

Cons
  • The work life balance can be hard to keep if you are not deliberate about it (in 153 reviews)

• Their are not enough traditional P&G managers in the acquisition sites as well (in 206 reviews)

More Highlights

11 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Manufacturing Engineer Intern

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer  in  Mehoopany, PA
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Mehoopany, PA

I worked at Procter & Gamble as an intern for more than a year

Pros

Given projects that expose you exactly to the type of work that a full time engineer does. Give first priority for full time jobs to interns. Company culture really encourages teamwork and giving leadership responsibility to everyone. Have a lot of young leadership opportunities at a young age. As an engineer you are given responsibility for 130 people and a $20 million budget by the time you are 26.

Cons

Sometimes have to come in during the middle of the night to troubleshoot issues. This comes with the role responsibility. Some of the locations are in the middle of nowhere.

Improve training and communication across sites. A lot of the same work is repeated across sites because it was not communicated that it had already been done.

18.5 years at Mehoopany

Former Employee - Data Administrator and Systems Owner  in  Mehoopany, PA
    Former Employee - Data Administrator and Systems Owner in Mehoopany, PA

I worked at Procter & Gamble full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Large Fortune 500 Company. Looks great on a resume. Opportunity to travel to other sites and meet new an exciting people. Free products once a year if the plant does well. Nice employee gift basket during the holidays in December.

Cons

Very poor management at the plant level. Company claims to put value their employees but this is not evident at a plant level. It is extremely difficult for non-management employees to advance in the company. It is very difficult to get training and yet the employees are penalized (and even fired) for not learning fast enough. At the plant that I worked, the management is systematically getting rid of any employees with health issues. They are covering their backsides by finding every reason to write up employees to gather evidence to prove they have cause to terminate. For example, I was doing my own job and covering another position for an employee to had left the company. I had volunteered to cover the extra work until a replacement could be identified. I told my management that I would do the best I could to ensure that all the work was completed. I was written up because they told me that "I will do my best" was taken the wrong way.... WHAT? How is that statement taken the wrong way? There is only one way to take that statement and it is definitely a positive statement. Especially when I volunteered to cover the extra work? I was stepping up to the plate to do what was best for the company. I have at least a half dozen examples like this from the last 6 months that I was employed there. I am glad to be out of there. This type of behavior by the management makes for a very hostile work environment.

Practice what you preach. Actually value your employees and work they put into the company. Don't just give this lip service. Your employees are the most valuable asset that a company has. Treat these most valuable resources with the respect they deserve and that they have earned.

Great company, fantastic leadership development and challenging work.

Current Employee - Materials Engineer  in  Mehoopany, PA
    Current Employee - Materials Engineer in Mehoopany, PA

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fast paced environment, leadership training and development, flexibility with career path and assignments

Cons

Locations are limited, company feels so large that making large impacts can be difficult, decisions from leadership are slow and often change

Open more offices in different areas of country. It is not always easy to recruit people who are willing to live in Cincinnati the rest of their career. Also consider changing the promote from within principle to open up opportunities for experienced employees. Plants do not have the work/ life balance benefits especially flex schedules and can deter some young managers from staying at P&G.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Disappointed. Disorganized. Lack of Plant Management Leadership & Support.

Former Employee - Process Engineer Intern  in  Mehoopany, PA
    Former Employee - Process Engineer Intern in Mehoopany, PA

I worked at Procter & Gamble as an intern for less than a year

Pros

- Two plants in one location.
    - Great projects linked to business need
    - Great people, especially those that are non-management
    - Culture

Cons

- Your placement will be based on the current business need and not your preference.
    - Preferential treatment provided to previous interns and co-ops.
    - Location. Closest "city" is nothing more than a town with no energy. Great location if you are an outdoors person.
    - No work/life balance. On average most people work 12 hours/day.
    - Interns provided with projects that are not funded properly and lack resource and team support.
    - Plant Management concerned about their own personal goals and ambition and not about the people they lead.
    - Plant Management are not genuine on performance reviews.

Be more genuine in your performance reviews of interns and do not provide them with false performance feedback. The final interview and final offer decision for candidates should not be decided by two managers who barely/never had any interaction with the intern. Be mindful of your actions and decisions as you are a representation of the company and interns are using this as an opportunity to determine if this is where they want to work full-time.

Good coworkers but too many control systems and red tape

Current Employee - Technician  in  Mehoopany, PA
    Current Employee - Technician in Mehoopany, PA

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good Pay/ Benefits and coworkers,

Cons

Benefits are continuously cut compared to the past, Too many layers of management with the emphasis on turning their blocks green.

Get realistic, Don't point out problems that need to be fixed unless your there to support them.

Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Department Manager  in  Mehoopany, PA
    Current Employee - Department Manager in Mehoopany, PA

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time

Pros

Benefits, pay and opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Economic climate has impacted the bottom line even with some organic growth so a tough profit picture for years.

We know how to do it, make the tough choices

A great place to build your resume

Current Employee - Machine Leader  in  Mehoopany, PA
    Current Employee - Machine Leader in Mehoopany, PA

I have been working at Procter & Gamble

Pros

Competitive salary
    Yearly raises
    Profit sharing
    Relocation benefits
    Many options for relocation if desired
    Great operators on the floor
    Non-union (at Mehoopany Plant)

Cons

Leadership does not deal with/get rid of managers who are not performing - just move them around to other departments
    Very poor communication within the site and from corporate around important items
    Extremely frugal for a company of their size - difficult to get money to even put through important safety projects
    Do a great job of coming up with ideas to make morale better, but never seems to follow through
    Morale at the plant on the floor and with managers is very poor
    Seems like upper management doesn't really care about the people

Pay more attention to your people. There's a reason why everyone is leaving the plant right now, and that is because you aren't treating your people with respect. You need to really listen to understand what they need, not just make up ideas for what you think might help.

Great Experience

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Mehoopany, PA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Mehoopany, PA

I have been working at Procter & Gamble

Pros

Great working environment. Very supportive staff and very friendly co-workers. Offers great guidance for growth for career choices

Cons

Very rigid structure for advancement.

doing a great job

Big Name Company, but not for everyone...

Former Employee - Engineering Intern  in  Mehoopany, PA
    Former Employee - Engineering Intern in Mehoopany, PA

I worked at Procter & Gamble

Pros

Pay was top notch for interns
    Very valuable learning experience
    People were very helpful
    Great resume builder

Cons

Pretty political even at the intern level
    Not much room for creativity, you can be creative but within the outlined box
    Management isn't as accessible as they should be
    Promotion as very systematic

Have one-on-one's with team members at least once a week

Networking is key.

Former Employee - Process Engineer  in  Mehoopany, PA
    Former Employee - Process Engineer in Mehoopany, PA

I worked at Procter & Gamble

Pros

Very stable company where your job is secure if you perform well.

Cons

You really need to network with those higher above you and below you. I've seen people have to leave the company because their immediate boss didn't like them, even though they were doing a great job. The only way to prevent that from happening is to make sure that your bosses boss knows the work your doing and doing well. So that your job promotions aren't dependent on the opinions of one individual but collectively.

Make sure you understand what your subordinates are doing and have done before you evaluate them.

Worked for Procter & Gamble? Contribute to the Community!