Procter & Gamble Reviews

3.9
2,400 Reviews
Procter & Gamble CEO A.G. Lafley
A.G. Lafley

Pros
  • Everyone is empowered to improve the Business while there is a great work-life balance (in 169 reviews)

• P&G is known as the company with the best marketing and brand management training (in 256 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be a problem in the current environment long hours expected (in 168 reviews)

• Their are not enough traditional P&G managers in the acquisition sites as well (in 225 reviews)

Enough with all the changes

I have been working at Procter & Gamble

Pros

P&G employees are some of the most collaborative & intelligent people you can find. My coworkers help me to become a better employee and a better person every day.

Cons

Constant restructuring and downsizing has led to a significant change in employee morale over the past couple of years. It was a great place to work 5 years ago, however I don't feel that the company is looking out for the best interests of its employees the way it used to. Hitting financial and productivity goals is the main focus these days.

2. Excellent mentoring system for interns

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Procter & Gamble as an intern

Pros

Huge learning curve in all aspects- from technical to business- directly from the upper level managers and technical leads.
    Great work/life balance- company building facilities promote a healthy lifestyle.

Cons

Hidden politics especially to interns- aspects of project not transparent.
    Some employees too aware of the company bureaucracy and visibility of internal tension.

Advice to Management

Keep recruiting the best and train them with your invaluable knowledge!

3. Sales Manager at Deli

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time

Pros

Having achieved many goals in my career of financial and business services, I am interested in expanding my professional horizons by seeking new challenges in the area of administration or office support. I am interested in position with your firm and have enclosed my resume for your review and consideration.

Cons

Integrity, Diversity and Professionalism these are one of my defining features. My optimistic value depends on environment of my work place because great environment can inspires and discovers great skills at everybody. This my goal and motto for life.

Advice to Management

Integrity, Diversity and Professionalism.

5. brand manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

great company to work. great benefits

Cons

do not get promotion thqt easily have to work long time to advance

Advice to Management

none

6. Great Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people are smart and talented

Cons

We are a big company that is too bureaucratic

Advice to Management

Learn to public speak better

7. Manager

I worked at Procter & Gamble

Pros

Great Company to grow with...

Cons

Bad Company when downsizing in bad market

8. Stable, Safe, Systems-based, Incremental Growth

Former Employee - Technology Leader
    Former Employee - Technology Leader

I worked at Procter & Gamble full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Incredibly secure. After great work for 5 years, you can make your life a priority and have a wonderful 25 more years of good income with good benefits.

Proven. Surviving for 175+ years, P&G is a slow, steady, trusted marketing machine.

Great written principles, values, and purpose. Something almost everyone can be truly proud of.

Gain experience by taking real ownership in your early years. The knowledge gained at P&G allows me to succeed in my next path forward...I am certain. Truly great at developing leaders.

Cons

Lack of promotion opportunity.

Resistance to allowing people to move across BUs or Functions. After 8 years in Femcare products and 4 successful years based internationally, I found the leaders in my business did not want to let me go because I was good at my job. So rather than let me leave to another P&G business unit or function in another location, they were happy to let me leave P&G. Crazy.

Don't come here for the salary. In my first year outside of P&G, I will make almost 40% more than in my final year at P&G.

Despite growing great leaders, there are no opportunities to leverage that skill. I was asked to do my boss' job in China but wasn't given a raise or a promotion. Others have give similar stories. There are restrictions on headcount at each level...and the positions are getting fewer and fewer.

Advice to Management

Eliminate the band V level. Truly delegate power and decision making to those closest to the consumer, customer, and point of manufacturing. Stop trying to centrally manage everything. Make decisions instead of always asking for more data. Combine engineering, materials, product R&D, packaging, and process into one function. Give all the technical ownership to one technical owner. Combine technical and program management into one function. Stop doing minor incremental cost savings which threaten the quality of the product just to save .3% of the cost...and start focusing on innovation which will expand sales and profits at a 20% minimum.

9. Project Manager

Current Employee - Project Manager in Oxnard, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Oxnard, CA

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Smart people, lots of responsibility early in career, lots of opportunities to try new roles and business units, good work life balacne

Cons

Slow innovation, slow promotion tracks, excessive focus on productivity (AKA reduce headcount and spread the work around)

Advice to Management

Return the focus to long term innovation and simplification and not reducing short term costs

10. Senior Account Executive

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time

Pros

Wonderful people, challenging work environment, good work/life balance

Cons

Slow-moving company. Not flexible to meet needs of quick moving employees and customers.

11. Best crucible for leadership development

I have been working at Procter & Gamble

Pros

Promote from within culture hones you like a sharp knife - if you've got what it takes to win!

Cons

Can get slow and complex given how massive the organization has become.