Procter & Gamble

3.9 1,735 reviews

Procter & Gamble CEO A.G. Lafley

A.G. Lafley

1,735 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "work life balance can be managed, but difficult to achieve if you are going for a promotion"
    in 122 reviews
  • "The courses you take here will stay with you even after you leave P&G"
    in 214 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work-life balance is very difficult as well, especially in a time of reductions (i"
    in 136 reviews
  • "P&G employees must learn to live with a constantly busy schedule and full workload"
    in 192 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good Company, Great Benefits, Okay people. Too nice of a company.

Account Manager (Current Employee)
Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat Benefits, Great Development, Huge investments into their people. Hard workers have a lot of opportunities.

ConsToo nice of a comppany. Slackers sit in middle management roles and ride out their careers.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire somebody! That would light a match under the slackers. Continue to invest in people!

A great place to learn and grow.

R&D Researcher (Current Employee)

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time for more than a year

Pros-At least from and R&D perspective, the projects are demanding, fun and practice good science.
-The culture and values of the employees and the company are truly refreshing.
-The ability to move around within the company never allows your work to become boring or repetitive.

Cons-Recognition is given many times to employees who have good connections rather than people who work hard to deliver meaningful contributions.
-The word simplification has little to no meaning.

A fantastic company to work for

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat growth potential if you a super smart, immensely driven individual. Lots of flexible work arrangement offerings, fantastic brands, superb reputation in the industry and throughout the corporate world as a whole.

ConsMust be someone who likes to relocate a lot and at times to places you or your family really don't want to be

Good Company but has it's own challenges

I have been working at Procter & Gamble for more than 5 years

ProsPromote from within (long tenures)
Good benefits, pay and flexible work hours
Great stablebrands that have been around a long time

ConsToo many people not contributing to business (laziness) because low risk of getting fired
Moving roles after 2-3 years (less time in business unit, creates a long curve for driving impact)

Graduate Student Internship

Researcher (Current Employee)
Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Procter & Gamble as an intern for less than a year

ProsExcellent mentorship, support, project diversity, and compensation. Company placed a lot of value on work-life balance and gave ample time off to take care of personal needs. The areas of research were exciting and allowed for a lot of collaboration with different scientific fields across the many disciplines in the company.

ConsLike most companies, lots of bureaucracy... but not crippling. Unfortunately, most of the research is done with temporary technicians and interns, which severely limits the overall production of the R&D site. So much valuable information and hands on knowledge of the research is constantly being lost by not having full time hires do the research.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire your interns full time!

Excellent

Anonymous (Former Employee)

I worked at Procter & Gamble

ProsExcellent people great management just all around nice company

ConsThere are no cons to this job

Company for Life

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat company. I have been well taken care of over my 30+ years. Have been able to achieve a great work life balance through flexible working hours while continuing to advance. The people are top notch and some of the best in their field. P&G focuses on growing their employees and creating a culture of learning and winning

ConsSystems are laborious and slow innovation and productivity significantly.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe less risk averse. Lead, innovate and win.

Sales trainee

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Procter & Gamble full-time

Prosgreat company to work for

Conswork load can be too much

Great company

Chemical Operator (Current Employee)
Andover, MA

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat company to work for, excellent benefits, drive excellence, it is an awesome company which offers actual growth depending on your skill base and capability building. IWS is an awesome idea which could rebuild almost any company if executed successfully.

ConsVery demanding for time, also political at the time of getting a promotion which I do not like personally. Great planning but poor execution, IWS is a great IDEA but it seems they have a hard time implementing it in some plants.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider listening more to the newer guys rather than the older guys who have been sitting there looking at the same thing for years.

A great place to work, with strong leadership, smart people, and a great culture.

Category Development Account Executive (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time for more than 10 years

ProsProcter & Gamble employees are hard working and smart people. Employees have opportunities to work with iconic brands, and are generally given a large amount of responsibility. People are well trained, and leadership has the confidence that everyone will deliver, which is empowering. P&G employees strive to live by the company's Purpose, Values and Principles, and are mutually respectful to others.

ConsIt is a large company, and there are a lot of structured systems and processes that can slow down the agility of the company. Schedules must be managed carefully, or work-life balance can be difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest in your people. Think about putting fast paced, forward thinkers into key positions to loosen processes and speed agility.

Worked for Procter & Gamble? Contribute to the Community!

Procter & Gamble – Why Work for Us?

​​​​​​Did you know P&G products are enjoyed 4.6 billion times a day in over 180 countries, making us perhaps the two most successful letters on the planet?​​​​​​ With the strongest portfolio of trusted, quality… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Procter & Gamble reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Procter & Gamble CEO A.G. Lafley. All 1,735 reviews posted anonymously by Procter & Gamble employees.