Procter & Gamble Reviews

Reset
4.0
Procter & Gamble CEO A.G. Lafley
A.G. Lafley

Pros
  • Company is very Flexible which alows you to have a work life balance Knowledge transfer (in 169 reviews)

• I have worked at P&G for 14 years (in 256 reviews)

Cons
  • Little respect for work-life balance (in 168 reviews)

• No retirement plan in P&G Singapore (in 225 reviews)

1,269 Employee Reviews

Enough with all the changes

Pros

P&G employees are some of the most collaborative & intelligent people you can find. My coworkers help me to become a better employee and a better person every day.

Cons

Constant restructuring and downsizing has led to a significant change in employee morale over the past couple of years. It was a great place to work 5 years ago, however I don't feel that the company is looking out for the best interests of its employees the way it used to. Hitting financial and productivity goals is the main focus these days.

It was a good ride

Current Employee - Global Operations Platform Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Global Operations Platform Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

P&G develops leaders by giving them high responsibilities from day one. They also give you the opportunity to get broad experience in different functions. I consider P&G my post graduate college.

Cons

This is a company that offer a career and growth from within. Unfortunately, it come to a point when there are just few positions for tons of candidates making really hard to advance.

Account Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Procter & Gamble full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, competitive salary, brand recognition

Cons

Working from home can limit your networking ability.

Terrific work! I know know P&G produces so many great leaders

Former Employee - Senior Scientist in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Scientist in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Procter & Gamble (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great training in all aspects of corporate America..big alumni pool

Cons

Pay..proportional to Midwest middle class life style.. Very few opportunities to grow on technical ladder

Advice to Management

Don't loose your senior more experience people at the peak of their careers.. Other companies welcome them with open arms and lot more pay

6. Internship Opportunities at P&G

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Procter & Gamble as an intern

Pros

Gives REAL projects. Talking to my other friend who interned at a tech company, he said he would play pingpong and have 2 breaks in the day. I felt like I must have either had a hard project or a big one because I didn't have time to do that. My manager told me at the end of my internship that he'll be using the data I generate to do a training session. Lots of free product as an intern (don't expect that full time). Lots of training (that could be a con?). The intern experience is awesome because you live with all other interns. Push for diversity - LGBT + Minorities

Cons

Other interns can be competitive and may come off as a bit rough/direct. Xavier University is NOT a good place to stay. EW. Huge difference between how full-time eligible are treated and regular interns are treated. Very segmented. Your friend might work at P&G but you might never see him/her at another intern even because cross events are rare.

Advice to Management

Don't give such low expectations to freshman. Maybe LOWER expectations than juniors but it doesn't have to be on the floor.

Intern

Pros

The people are generally very smart, and the support structure is fairly expansive. You can feel secure in your job so long as you do it well.

Cons

The large structure makes advancement more difficult than at smaller companies. That being said, there was plenty of learning experience for interns.

Advice to Management

It would be nice for it to be more transparent in how a career would unfold. It was unclear what full-time employment would be like.

Used to be great, now it is good

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time

Pros

Good work-life balance. Pace allows you to learn new skills, while still performing at your maximum. You own your career, so if you want to move into a new role, it'll definitely happen. Good salary (compared to other consumer goods companies). You get to work on some very exciting state-of-the-art technologies.

Cons

You hear people that has worked here for 10+ years and they will tell you about the golden days when the company was growing and expanding (those days are gone now). Company is too big, something that slows down the innovation pipeline. You have to work on the pre-pre-meeting, to align people for the pre-meeting, and then wait a few months to get a final decision.

Advice to Management

Bet on several small projects instead of looking for a silver bullet that will save the company. This is just statistics, nobody puts all their eggs in a single basket. Millennials are eager to help the company succeed, but absence of opportunities will affect the long term growth of the company. Be careful with the head count reductions, this affects employee morale.

9. customer service

Current Freelancer - Tennessee in Humboldt, TN
    Current Freelancer - Tennessee in Humboldt, TN

Pros

Work well with people or independtly. Would like to work from home because I take care of a sibling/altheimers

Cons

Hours would have to be early mornings 6a-8:00a / 1:00p-3:00p or 7:30p-10p

10. Great Company for Career Pathing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great retirement through profit sharing. Plenty of career opportunities. Many different levels of responsibility.

Cons

Certain career paths can lead to a dead end. Responsibility may increase without compensation.

Advice to Management

Take a management course.

11. Challenging work. Good hours

Current Employee - Operations Team Leader in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Operations Team Leader in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pays a good salary and plenty of growth potential for managers. Provides good health care benefits and lots of positions in the area prevents stagnation

Cons

Overly structured. Lots of rework and meetings before meetings. Getting promoted to management as a technical worker is incredibly difficult

Advice to Management

Streamline and hold people accountable instead of structuring multiple meetings to review the same topics

Showing 1,269 of 2,815 reviews