Procter & Gamble

www.pg.com

Procter & Gamble Reviews

These reviews contributed towards 2014's Best Places to Work recognition. See ratings and reviews for all time.

Pros
  • Everyone is empowered to improve the Business while there is a great work-life balance(in 138 reviews)

• The courses you take here will stay with you even after you leave P&G(in 234 reviews)

Cons
  • The work life balance can be hard to keep if you are not deliberate about it(in 151 reviews)

• Their are not enough traditional P&G managers in the acquisition sites as well(in 205 reviews)

All things considered, a great company.

ProsThe company generally does value employees, tries to make work meaningful and investing in capabilities; you can really learn and experience a lot across a range of roles.

ConsPolitical and cliquey. Death by a million processes and policies.

Advice to Senior ManagementP&G hires real smart people. Sometimes,to justify all these smarts, it leads to unnecessary or overly complex changes in products, processes or structure that does more harm than good. K.I.S.S.

Greate Compensation, Lack of Room for Growthn

Account Manager (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsYou are very well-compensated at P&G. Even administrators retire with seven-figure 401ks. The profit-sharing program is extremely lucrative.

ConsOnce you're coded 'sales' or 'marketing' there is very little flexibility to do anything, but what upper management feels you should be doing.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your employees an opportunity to explore other functions within the company. It might help you retain more of your younger, diverse sales force.

Great resources - lacks innovation and flexibility

ProsNo better company to invest in your training and personal/professional development.

ConsSo inflexible in terms of pay raise, promotion timing, and to innovate against current frameworks

Advice to Senior ManagementTake risks

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great place to start brand management career

Proshigh salary / great learning

Constoo slow in decision making / hard to get promoted quickly

Intense, hard to progress but ton of learning

Finance Manager (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsAwesome profit sharing benefits, surrounded by really bright people, great variety of roles within you get to learn from different areas and be part of teams doing awesome things

ConsIf you're in North America it is really, really, really hard to get promoted. Many more mid-level managers than needed is never a good thing if you want to progress professionally. Not impossible, just really, really, really difficult. Also too much weight given to network, sponsors (if you're lucky to have powerfull ones) and what school you went to (and what key leaders went to that same school) make the process a bit unfair.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need to people with hard skills at the top, not just the flashy, traditional "go-getters". Diversity in thinking is more important than in appearance, that is the only way the Company will continue leading into the future in a more diverse world.

Consumer-led Company

Associate Director (Current Employee)

Prosdeep pockets, deep consumer understanding, global

Consbig company mentality is holding back innovation and entrepreneurialism

Advice to Senior Managementcut the red tape, make it simpler

Great experience

Top Engineering Talent Recruiting Event (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsGreat leadership in the engineering department. They truly emphasize the "Promote from Within" culture and a lot of the senior management were promoted from the company

ConsNot global pay. I was offered a local pay in China which was significantly lower that in the U.S. So I declined the offer

working for procter and gamble

Senior Scientist (Current Employee)

Prosdiverse work opportunities are plentiful

Constoo much complexity in normal processes

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Very Compteitive

Senior Researcher (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsLarge successful company who gives back to the community. Great for flexible work arrangements. Benefits are good with ample amount of vacation days.

ConsLittle fish in BIG pond. Hard to get recognized for good work completed. Hard to get promoted on a less than full time schedule that P&G itself promotes.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize people even for small accomplishments.

Amazing growth opportunities

Finance Analyst (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsSmart people, interesting projects, promote-from-within culture. Move roles every two years, never have the chance to become complacent. Everyone is valued. P&G puts a lot of time and energy into training, mentorship, networking.

ConsPoor work-life balance if your goal is promotion and high ratings. Company is massive and bogged down with intense processes in order to ensure everything is always perfect.

Worked for Procter & Gamble? Contribute to the Community!