Procter & Gamble Reviews

4.0
2,020 Reviews

Procter & Gamble CEO A.G. Lafley
A.G. Lafley

Pros
  • Everyone is empowered to improve the Business while there is a great work-life balance (in 155 reviews)

• P&G is known as the company with the best marketing and brand management training (in 247 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be a problem in the current environment long hours expected (in 164 reviews)

• Their are not enough traditional P&G managers in the acquisition sites as well (in 219 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Salary, Approachable people, Challenging projects, and Relaxed Atmosphere

Current Employee - Product Supply Intern  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Product Supply Intern in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Procter & Gamble as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The intern projects are truly your own and very challenging, but there are so many resources and support to help you along the way. The first few week are called 'ramp up' where you are expected to soak as much knowledge as possibly. Interns are treated like a full time employ but with all the benefits of being an intern. Your needs take precedent over full time employers because you need to complete your projects in a shorter time span. Also all of the other interns are really friendly and social.

Cons

Cincinnati is okay, but I rather not live here.

Excellent company to work for!

Current Employee - Order Management Analyst  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Order Management Analyst in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company wants to see you succeed! I have not experienced micromanaging at P&G and as long as you stay on top of your work you will be able to work freely including two days from home a week. With a company this size it is possible to change careers without having to change employers, which is a great way to stay motivated throughout your career.

Cons

Working your way up can be a challenge as the leap from admin level to management level is very difficult to make. However, if you work hard enough anything is possible.

Fantastic Training and Culture

Current Employee - Process Engineer  in  Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Process Engineer in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Procter & Gamble as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Procter and Gamble gives fantastic training and truly wants you to succeed as an individual. The culture in the plant is very positive and I feel like everyone wants to help one another.

Cons

The work is tough, but that's what you signed up for! If you are looking for a 40 hour workweek, you won't find it here, but you will find the work rewarding and the atmosphere friendly.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great experience

Current Employee - PhD Intern  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - PhD Intern in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Procter & Gamble as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Friendly environment, great R&D facility. Well-developed career path, great expat packages, very innovative

Cons

headquarters in Cincinnati, very demanding senior management, business units are even more cutthroat

very good company. Difficult to navigate because of size.

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time

Pros

Good company that does things right. great training

Cons

very big. difficult for promotion.

Great place to learn and grow

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

AWESOME training and resources, you can build your own plan and most managers will be fully supportive.
    Work from home of flex time has corporate support, but each unit has a different way to implement - check with your direct manager
    Good benefits
    Great Culture and talented network
    Overall: You will work with the best agencies, leaders, and marketing experts in the Consume Packaged Goods Industry. You can manage your career and enable your mentors and managers to push you further in a fast pace and learn in weeks what would take several months in other places

Cons

PG code - Has its own, crypted corporate jargon and lingo ( you will spend the first two quarters just learning most acronyms and process jargon) . What is not said is sometimes as important as what was said, and people seldom will give you the real answer, but the "right" answer.

Walk the talk: there is a huge lack of congruence between work life corporate communication and managers working until the life gets drained out of their bodies.

Senior Scientist

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

People are wonderful, the pay and benefits are good, there are a lot of opportunities to move between business units or job functions.

Cons

The workload is challenging and the pressure to deliver is great. It is difficult to maintain a work-life balance even though there are many flexible work arrangements available.

Focus on the vision and work to communicate it to the employees. Having a common vision will be critical in the future. Create a "can do" environment, where employees are rewarded for delivering against significant challenges.

Good but no longer great

Current Employee - Information Technology  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Information Technology in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

P&G is based on an incredible set of core values. It has great brands and a fabulous reputation for leadership development. It is a great place to be if you want to be challenged with a lot of responsibility and opportunity to growth.

Cons

In some areas of the company, work life balance is out of whack. I have also seen several examples seemingly in contrast with the company's core values lately.

Leaders today are not exhibiting the core values to the extent they have previously. Get back to the basics and bring back our core values.

Great Training and Experience

Current Employee - Consumer & Market Knowledge Manager  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Consumer & Market Knowledge Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I truly believe I have one of the best jobs in my peer group due to the opportunity I have to develop as a business leader while allowing for a good work/life balance. Since P&G is a top destination company and builds from within, I work with intelligent individuals who have developed a mastery of their business function. Working with and learning from these individuals allows me to improve my business acumen and apply my understanding to new situations.

P&G's ability to enable collaboration and develop business leaders is seen by its strong brands, but also though the number of individuals that started success companies after leaving the organization.

Other Pros:
    * Ethical Company
    * Fortune 500 Company: Global and Safe
    * Competitive Compensation and Profit Sharing Program
    * Ability to change functions

Cons

Due to the size of the organization and number of brands involved, it takes a long time and significant amount of analysis to make business decisions. This process can be frustrating at times when the project has been approved, but then resources are pulled due to needs in other businesses.

Think like a small company and determine the minimum amount of information you need to make a decision (given the business risk). Setting clear goals will limit the back-and-forth non-value-added work and increase the team's ability to creatively meet business needs.

Amazing experience. Lots of learning

I have been working at Procter & Gamble

Pros

Ethics. Learning. People. Promote from within.

Cons

Too centralized. Too many people asking questions and very few providing answers.

Worked for Procter & Gamble? Contribute to the Community!