Procter & Gamble Technical Centers

Add Photos

Procter & Gamble Technical Centers Chairman President & CEO Bob. McDonald

Bob. McDonald

10 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Learning Ground- Fight till you learn the most-if you dont grow use your knowledge outside

ProsMost people you work with are decent, trustworthy. Good compensation, the company takes good care of you. Fairly flat organization. You can do whatever you choose to as long you connect it to the business and deliver. Amazing foundational value system called PVP. Very high ethics...

ConsToo soft on low performers. Too many "leaders" and very few "followers". Everyone wants to lead and few wants to really work and deliver something. Some have rigged the system, so by simply playing enough politics they grow until they hit the wall...too much rope...they do finally hang but only after too much damage...even if you are a top performer, promotions are very slow...middle management is essentially powerless...Technically shallow...too much internal competition

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a truly performance based system. Don't run the company just on relationships...make Zero tolerance for internal competition and politics. Allow young people to grow fast, create official fast path for the really capable...bring back entrepreneurial spirit...

Great people, Great company

Consumer Researcher (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsCo-workers are very bright and very ethical.
    Excellent benefits
    Interesting work
    Lots of opportunity to provide leadership
    Always trying to improve way work processes - open to "newness"

ConsHard to complain - great company. If anything, too much time spent on "build the organization" silliness - recognize/reward people for real results not "created this presentation/display/seminar" therefore I'm an expert that's training others.

Advice to Senior ManagementHow can you complain about the management of a company that's lasted as long as P&G?? Keep of the good work of developing future leaders!!

P&G Manufacturing

Initiatives Leader (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

Prosgreat leadership experience and opportunities

ConsCan make for some long days but that tends to come and go with the calendar year. Constant pressure for productivity. Do more and more with less

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best Company I have ever worked

Principal Researcher (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsRaises are great and the company tries to do the right thing. The ability to move up.

ConsCubes!, the budget restraints and stock price

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk to individuals at the lower levels to determine what needs to change to make things better both for the company and the employees.

Great Company, Questionable Management

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsGreat co workers
    Great brands
    Good salary & benefits
    Challenging work

ConsSenior managment
    Little to no opportunity for promotion

R&D overview at the bottom up

Senior Researcher (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

Pros"Stable" for now - not sure about the future.

Conslack of management decision making

Better than Most

Corporate Function R&D (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsP&G's compensation and benefits package is quite good, especially in this area. The size of the Company provides a wide range of jobs in every global region.

ConsBureaucracy is always an obstacle in a large multi-national company. Although scale is typically a great advantage, it indeed makes it difficult to quickly move projects forward.

P&G opens more doors for you regarding preferences such as location, career path and promotions.

Process Engineer (Current Employee) Mehoopany, PA

ProsInternational and great in size, providing opportunities in any career path, location or product you want to work with.
    The company really takes care of you and wants you to be happy as a Manager of the company.

ConsIn the Product Supply Global Business Unit, there is constant misalignment between Managers and the operating work force causing flow of work to not be as smooth.
    Recent downfall in benefits provided to employee (most likely due to global market climate)

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove the recognition within the company. If we can generate a better alignment between management and operators we would generate better results with less effort (smoothly). Operators just want to do their job during their shift (make sure the machine is running) and go home to their families, which makes total sense if you see things through their eyes; however, it is necessary to make them want the best not for themselves, but for the company as a whole, like what the managers want. So in order to solve this principal-agent problem we just need to provide them with better recognition for their work through public recognition and monetary awards, thus enforcing the company-operator goal synchronization.

Miss working for the company!

Merchandiser (Former Employee) DuBois, PA

ProsProcter & Gamble cares about what their employees think.

ConsThink that P&G will be sorry that the layed us off. Not patting myself on the back but when visiting the stores I can see it especially with Batteries.

Advice to Senior ManagementMight want to think about bringing us back.

Good Place to Work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsProfit sharing is an excellent benefit

ConsLimited advancement for bachelor's degrees

Advice to Senior ManagementMore opportunities for advancement

Worked for Procter & Gamble Technical Centers? Contribute to the Community!