Procter & Gamble

3.9
2,160 Reviews

Procter & Gamble CEO A.G. Lafley
A.G. Lafley

Pros
  • Everyone is empowered to improve the Business while there is a great work-life balance (in 169 reviews)

• P&G is known as the company with the best marketing and brand management training (in 256 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be a problem in the current environment long hours expected (in 168 reviews)

• Their are not enough traditional P&G managers in the acquisition sites as well (in 225 reviews)

More Highlights

54 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Really great team, good starting point for my career

Former Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Harrogate, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Supply Chain Analyst in Harrogate, England (UK)

I worked at Procter & Gamble as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Large-scale corporate company so training is very good. Also, the environment and culture also good.

Cons

Due to its size, you sometimes do just feel like a number. Compensation could be better considering the organisation.

Great company, but disorganised with career development.

Former Employee - 12 Week, Supply Network Operations in Weybridge, England (UK)
    Former Employee - 12 Week, Supply Network Operations in Weybridge, England (UK)

I worked at Procter & Gamble as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great brands, very relaxed but professional environment. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. The promote from within philosophy does appear to exist, but colleagues still complained about the lack of promotion opportunity; there seems to be so many at the bottom of the hierarchy that there is little room for advancement.

Cons

I didn't really seem to have any direction given to me about where my career could be after my internship, which for me was very important. I was also working on a project which I felt was out of the control of an intern with no experience of the company. Whilst this was great responsibility, I felt out of my depth and often short of support.

Give interns a clear plan of their time at P&G, so they know which direction they are going in.

Great capability and knowledge but rather slow.

Current Employee - Senior R&D Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior R&D Engineer

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

P&G has many very good people, deep capability and well-embedded values and principles coming from the promote-from-within policy. It makes a positive effort to be flexible re work-life balance and has reasonable salary and benefits.

Cons

P&G can be insular and slow. Due to its size and amount of internal processes, getting things done can be an effort and frustrating due to the numbers of people involved. Personal accountability for successes and failures will often get lost in the systems.

Really empower employees by delegating responsibility downwards whenever possible.

CBD Intern

I worked at Procter & Gamble

Pros

Full responsibility for choosing your own projects and following through with them. Big emphasis on leadership, made a tangible impact on the sales figures over ten weeks and was able to set up meetings and make us of expertise from employees over 10 years my senior. Very flexible working hours

Cons

Little international opportunities in the first 8 years. Office location is outside of London. No problems with the way the company operates.

Excellent

I worked at Procter & Gamble full-time

Pros

FlexTime
    Good Benefits
    Good culture
    Really care about their workers
    Goof work life balance

Cons

They are very focused on business need and may require you to uproot and move frequently if you want to advance.

P&G Intern Experience

Current Employee - Intern
    Current Employee - Intern

I have been working at Procter & Gamble as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Good staff discount on wide range of P&G products
    Supportive staff
    Good exposure, lots of responsibility from day 1

Cons

Lots of internal jargon- difficult to understand anything initially
    Overuse of acronyms to the extreme
    Overwhelming internal culture- felt very isolated- bit of a 'bubble' culture
    Poor management (perhaps a one off case, but wasn't satisfied with manager)
    Slow decision making and processes- difficult to make changes quickly
    No social events with colleagues- didn't go out once in the 12 weeks that I was there. Social highlights were eating lunch as a team...

Procter and Gamble review

Current Employee - Operating Department Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Operating Department Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, friendly culture people help each other out, experts available to help with development, great experience

Cons

Large corporate culture means a lot of red tape but this is common in similar companies, Development oppertunities are P&Gized and not the industry standard which means they are not universally accepted. Work life balance can be a problem in the current environment long hours expected

More 1:1s needed within all levels of organization if the employee doesnt look for them they dont happen, this discourages employees as they dont see how they are progressing and there future path to suceed.

Don't waste your life away!

Current Employee - Process Engineer in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Process Engineer in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The culture amongst the operators and engineers is good. Some of the lead management team isn't too bad either.
    Salary is great, considering it's the manufacturing industry and lets face it (the site I work in only produces perfume.. We're not saving any lives here)... However, considering the 12 hour days, pretty much every day, you end up making less than what some make, flipping burgers at McDonald's!

Cons

Unbelievably long hours! Tiring!
    If you join as an engineer, don't be surprised when you have to clean floors and wipe boards when the big guns come to the site for a visit. You are the lowest of the lowest. And every so often, you'll have to work as an operator for a couple of hours a day. This helps their productivity results. But at the end of the day, you're still expected to have your daily responsibilities done anyway. All it takes is for you to stay at work an extra couple of hours every freaking day!

Treat employees right. Have another look at the working hours. If all your employees are struggling to get their job done in less than 10 hours a day, then maybe, just maybe, you're asking too much of them!

Good Learning Organisation

Former Employee - Plant Technician
    Former Employee - Plant Technician

I worked at Procter & Gamble full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good learning opportunity at all levels - Training provided for all levels.
    Multi-cultural and diversified teams in all locations.
    Good work-life balance and support from team members.

Cons

Lack of focus on people development and career progression plan.
    Salary is around avg. market rate. No bonus unless you are above Band 2.

P&G is a good learning organisation but top teams in Plant/Sites need to focus on career progression and career development for the lower grade members. Lack of people skills creates lots of confusion, de-motivation and turnover.

Enjoyable

Current Employee - P&G Beauty in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - P&G Beauty in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Procter & Gamble full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great products, lots of nice people and company benefits such as shares/pension and staff sales

Cons

No commission/company bonuses. Average starter wage. Little training and career progression. Struggles to follow through on its company values.

To practise what you preach, more company discounts on P&G products, more job progression opportinities for deserving staff.