Proctor Hospital Reviews

1. Corporate Service Clinician

Former Employee - Corporate Services Clinician
    Former Employee - Corporate Services Clinician

I worked at Proctor Hospital full-time

Pros

This is a company that actually cares about employees. Certainly there are politics and that is everywhere. My position involved a lot of travel, public speaking, unusual hours and counseling/coordinating placements over the phone. I would take a job with Proctor again in a New York second.

Cons

The toughest part of working for Proctor is that they are the smaller dog on the street so to speak. However, they do offer the only good, 30-day and longer addiction rehabilitation services in this area. So, that is a big plus. There were some of the political BS that you'll have with any company. However, I have to say that when push came to shove, this company had a heart.

2. Case Manager - Illinois Institute for Addiction Recovery

I worked at Proctor Hospital part-time

Pros

Autonomy. Wonderful experience for a college student to engage with patients and gain real-world, hands on experience.

Cons

Lack of adequate support staff on off-shifts (aka 2nd, 3rd, weekends)

Advice to Management

Increase budget for clinical and medical staff support.

3. Spiritually rewarding, but not monetarily rewarding.

Former Employee - Case Manager in Bloomington, IL
    Former Employee - Case Manager in Bloomington, IL

I worked at Proctor Hospital full-time

Pros

Very close-knit and supportive coworkers and supervisors at the BroMenn Addiction Recovery Center. It was a joy to work on a team with them. While difficult, the work could be very rewarding. It was a great environment to learn and practice social work. Paid time off was generous.

Cons

Poor compensation for this position. While the staff on the unit are all very close-knit and supportive, the overall company did not seem to be supportive of the unit. The unit was chronically understaffed, which could lead to hectic scheduling and burnout. To make matters worse, there were hiring freezes while the unit was understaffed, and the hiring process could take a couple of months. Leadership on the BroMenn unit was strong, but was undermined by the company dragging its feet on making changes. I believe that some of these things will get better under the new management of UnityPoint Health, though.

Advice to Management

The employees at the BroMenn Addiction Recovery Unit work incredibly hard and do great work together. They deserve much better compensation and treatment than what they get.

5. Great place to work!

Current Employee - Counselor in Peoria, IL
    Current Employee - Counselor in Peoria, IL

I have been working at Proctor Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They value their people, provide access to training, plenty of opportunities for growth, and team morale is positive. Lots of encouragement and positive reinforcement from supervisors and the rest of management.

Cons

Multiple locations means a different work experience based on where you are. Thus, my experience wouldn't be the same as someone else's.

6. management

I worked at Proctor Hospital

Pros

very nice friendly people, good training

Cons

stressful hours, long hours, no balance

Advice to Management

need more training

RSS Feed </> Embed