Procura Management

Updated October 17, 2014
Updated October 17, 2014
2.4

David A. George

Answered 100 inbound calls per day providing exceptional customer service to our customers.

I have been working at Procura Management

Pros

I love the job because I like helping people and I love talking.

Cons

Making time to get away from my desk for a short break, because the phone do not stop all day.

I am a very quick, and eager learned. I love helping people. I am proficient in computers. I have lots of experience in accounting.

Great first time experience in Auto Insurance field

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Norristown, PA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Norristown, PA

I worked at Procura Management full-time

Pros

Great company, reasonable pay, Management works with your schedule

Cons

Nothing much to say bad about the Company

STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS ! WARNING !*************

I have been working at Procura Management

Pros

you get two 15 minute breaks and 30 lunch break don't go over or you will get fired or a write up, only if they do not like you

Cons

The drama in the building is unbearable. If you are mature stay away ! There is no growth unless you are best friends with management. The policy codes are not for everyone only if you have been there long, have family in the company or suck up to management. The amount of money and hour is not worth it. You would think you are in high school. HR does not take anything seriously and does not EVER address department issues, they tend to make you feel bad or like the outsider and create an ever more uncomfortable work environment or create more drama. Avoid at all costs. They are very good at ACTING professional in front of customers.

Grow up! Learn to appreciate your hard workers and do not take them for granted. Learn to make people feel comfortable instead of forcing them to go over your head because you cannot be professional. The vulgar language in the work place is horrible , that language is not appropriate. Gossiping and creating drama does nothing but make people uncomfortable. Learn to actually hire people who want to work instead of take up desk space. This is not high school and since majority of the building is 30+ age group lets learn to act like it !

Great place to work

Former Employee - Field Nurse Case Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Field Nurse Case Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Procura Management full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, great supervisor and manager. Friendly and supportive co-workers, nice office and user friendly computer system.

Cons

Did not provide equipment such as lap top or phone, a lot of client restrictions on billing and too many fdifferent client expectations to collect data. Long reports required.

Provide the equipment that your staff needs to get their work done. Make sure that your staff knows they add value and compensate the for the hard work and long hours they work.

Ok

I have been working at Procura Management

Pros

Its an okay place to work

Cons

They need to give raise

employee

Current Employee - IME Coordinator in Norristown, PA
    Current Employee - IME Coordinator in Norristown, PA

I have been working at Procura Management full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

friendly staff good benefits

Cons

Management- everyone is on a different page

Everyone should be treated equally

okay company

I worked at Procura Management full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

decent benefits vacation, personal time, and sick time
    okay starting hourly wage if you are straight out of high school
    nice office, nice people

Cons

not a lot of opportunity, training, direction, or upward mobility
    short breaks
    office is never closed so if it snows use your time

make an effort to identify employees who deserve an opportunity to move beyond entry level

I.T. Department: 1st rate expectations, 3rd rate results

Current Employee - Information Technology in Norristown, PA
    Current Employee - Information Technology in Norristown, PA

I have been working at Procura Management full-time

Pros

Low pressure. I have not seen a deadline I couldn't delay. If your good at manipulating the system, you can get some opportunities to work on projects that you want to work on, but that's not always the case. If you can tolerate a haphazard development environment, and don't mind putting out low quality products, then you can last at Procura forever.

There are opportunities to work with the latest and greatest technologies, but you have to make those opportunities yourself.

Very clean work environment. Great location, within walking distance of 20+ places to eat for lunch.

Cons

If the Procura IT Dept was a separate independent company that other companies would outsource their IT work to, then we would have been put out of business long time ago because of the poor quality, late deliveries, and because of the way we treated the customers. External customers would not have put up with that stuff, But, since it's all internal, that's a different story, they have to take it.

One IT team shut down completely for four months, just to fix all of the bugs and errors we had. Probably could use a few more months off. That's how bad the situation is.

Another IT team has mandatory unpaid overtime every week. The boss gets to leave at 4:00, but the rest of the team is online late, sometimes past 8:00.

IT Middle management's top priority is to not look bad. They're more concerned with how they look to the other departments than they are about doing a good job at IT stuff. IT's upper management doesn't pay attention to what's going on inside their own division. If I ever ran into upper management in the hallways, they probably couldn't identify me as an IT member. The middle management aren't really managers. They're not really the leaders we need, more like just administrators, just managing the decline instead of leading us out of the abyss.

Also, World's worst benefits package.

We were, are, and probably always would be, just one big crash away from going out of business. My advice to other Insurance co's is to consider going somewhere else before it's too late. My advice to upper management is to get to know the people of your division. Don't trust middle management to always give you an accurate story. about what's going on.

STAY AWAY

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norristown, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norristown, PA

I worked at Procura Management full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent benefits, regular 8:30-5pm M-F workday, no need to take work home.

Cons

Little opportunity to advance in the company, a majority of the management team has NO management experience or training. "Cutthroat" and unprofessional office environment--very much a "high school" mentality. Can not trust management--they tend to treat their best employees like dirt with no reward or praise. Employees are treated like "factory workers".

Upper management needs to ensure that they are hiring the correct individuals for lower management positions. One of my managers regularly gossiped to my co workers about me, violated HIPAA, and told me many times that she "did not know how to be a manager". I made a formal complaint to her supervisor as well as HR many times and nothing was resolved. I was one of the "top performers" within the company (I was even promoted) and I left (as well as several others) because of how poorly I was being treated. Upper management needs to look at the reasons why the top employees of the company are getting fed up and running out of the door. It really is a shame because many of us are really hard workers and the company is losing us because of the mis management and incompetence. Instead, they are left with the workers who couldn't care less about the company.

This company thinks of itself as innovative and efficient but it falls short of those goals.

I worked at Procura Management full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you enjoy low salary and high stress work environment, including a phone system where you have to log in and out with a certain code to describe the reasons you are leaving your desk, including to use the bathroom which is counted in with your breaks and if is over your lunch time you are penalized, then submit your resume, they will look at it if you have a college degree.

Cons

Not sure if you will get trained adequately to do the job you are hired for, people are very quick to stab you in the back if you aren't liked. I know of people who were poised to get raises and promotions who were demoted instead because Procura had a financial issue.

Seeing the strengths of your personnel and praising them for it goes farther than giving people negatives to avoid, such as penalties for your invented infractions that you think make you a great manager for inventing. Also, never take away a person's vacation time that was approved ahead of time just because they move under a new manager. It's rude and no, not forgotten, and now it's here on the web for all to know about you.