Procurian

Procurian Reviews

Updated Mar 19, 2014

Procurian CEO Carl A. Guarino

Carl A. Guarino

Pros:
  • "fast growing company, work-life balance, competence of C-level executives"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Fast growing company with an entrepreneurial dynamic"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "If your in middle management in a practice its very hard to get ahead"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Senior management are "bleacher coaches""
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Wonderful, enjoyable time to work here with Procurian

IT Developer (Current Employee)
Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at Procurian full-time for more than a year

Prosgood, highly technical, man-powered, management understands staff''s needs. providing salary in-time. no heavy work load.

Consno good hikes for the existing staff.

Innovative Company with Many Smart and Dedicated Employees

I have been working at Procurian

ProsMany smart people who are a lot of fun to work with. Dedicated to providing the best service and solution for clients and always looking for ways to improve. Great place to work for people who's career is procurement. Good benefits and great open, collaborative culture.

ConsVery stable management team has limited growth for next set of managers, however consistent global growth is providing many opportunities. Maintaining a good work life balance can be challenging depending on the role and client life cycle phase.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on strategy, supporting employees as company grows into its next phase and ensure you are open to all growth opportunities for employees.

Fantastic

I have been working at Procurian

ProsWorld leader in its industry, creating the marketplace, work with best in the procurement field, and grow with a growing company!

ConsTo really excel, you must grasp both a strong procurement and supply chain aptitude as well as have good client relationship skills

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work

impossible to get into upper management - same clique has been managing there for years

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Procurian

Prosin depth experience into a growing industry. You can learn a lot of good information and skills that will be valuable later on

Consvery specialized - which is good if you intend to stay in procurement outsourcing - but if you go anywhere else, you will find that your skills, while valuable are niche.

Advice to Senior ManagementDiversify the upper management to include fresher talent - the same mix of people may make for consistency but does little for innovation

great place to work

I have been working at Procurian

Prosstrong management, excellent growth potential in the market, flat organization, open office space, wonderful potential for career growth, innovative vision for the future

Consdifficult to maintain work/life balance

Fine place to work.

I have been working at Procurian

ProsGrowing, successful company. Smart people. The open office environment really is great, if it works for you. Technology to support your work is fine. Management is sales and client focused, which is both a plus and a minus.

ConsOpen office environment doesn't work for everyone. Management is focused on clients, not internal organization, which can be nice, but can also make you feel ignored.

Good stepping stone

I have been working at Procurian

ProsDecent pay after you fight for it. Nice stepping stone before you move on to another position. Can learn a wide array of things about a particular career

ConsSenior management is talented but sometimes mis directed. There is too much emphasis placed on margin and profit and a complete lack on customer service. Because of this i think there will either be an exodus of customers in the next 5 years or a change in the way leadership treats the customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementMargins are very important, we are all in this to make money. Sometimes we need to accept a lower margin on products or offerings that are mature at a specific client or that we do not have a critical mass of experience in. I think far too often we oversell what we have done and are capable of doing and then back track and lean on the original scope of work draft or project plan. It may be true the customer did a poor job of scoping out the project but at the end of the day we need to be experts and ensure the customers make the right decisions. They are relying on us to know what they dont know, all too often we are both on the same learning curve. I think that is a poor business model.

Great experience and fantastic opportunities for growth

Sourcing Associate (Current Employee)
London, England (UK)

I have been working at Procurian

ProsGreat flexibility and many opportunities for growth and promotion. A company that offers great financial stability and supports employees. Great benefits package.

ConsAdministrative workload is higher than at other consultancies. Promotions are based on project management, nor procurement accomplishments. Travel is reduced to your assigned area.

Top Heavy

I have been working at Procurian

Prosfast growing company, work-life balance, competence of C-level executives

Conspoor pay relative to competitor firms, lack of growth opportunities in Sourcing practice

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat Sourcing better or you will soon lose whatever talent remains in that organization

Lots of potential; lots of challenges

I have been working at Procurian

Pros- Small growing company that is succeeding in the marketplace
- A lot of quality colleagues
- Opportunities for growth and role changes

Cons- Quality of upper management is extremely mixed - some great leaders and some terrible ones
- Company culture is far too focused on headquarters for such a small company
- Very little consistency in compensation - salaries tend to reflect time and situation of hiring rather than current performance and responsibilities
- Hiring and development are not keeping pace with company growth - company is having difficulty delivering consistently against what it's selling

Advice to Senior Management- Prune a couple trouble makers from senior management - longevity isn't a replacement for good leadership
- Invest in your people. It's not enough to say your people are your company, you have to reinforce it by hiring enough of the right people in a timely manner and compensating them well to provide consistent, quality delivery to your clients

Worked for Procurian? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Procurian reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Procurian CEO Carl A. Guarino. All 54 reviews posted anonymously by Procurian employees.