Procurian Reviews

Updated October 17, 2014
2.9

Procurian CEO Carl A. Guarino
Carl A. Guarino

Pros
  • fast growing company, work-life balance, competence of C-level executives (in 4 reviews)

• Growing company and more opportunities (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management are "bleacher coaches" (in 4 reviews)

• If your in middle management in a practice its very hard to get ahead (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Good company gone bad.

Former Employee - Sourcing Professional
    Former Employee - Sourcing Professional

I worked at Procurian full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Accessible location in the Phila suburbs.

Cons

Favortism rules over performance. Cliques.

None.

Wonderful, enjoyable time to work here with Procurian

Current Employee - IT Developer in Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - IT Developer in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at Procurian full-time (more than an year)

Pros

good, highly technical, man-powered, management understands staff''s needs. providing salary in-time. no heavy work load.

Cons

no good hikes for the existing staff.

Innovative Company with Many Smart and Dedicated Employees

I have been working at Procurian

Pros

Many smart people who are a lot of fun to work with. Dedicated to providing the best service and solution for clients and always looking for ways to improve. Great place to work for people who's career is procurement. Good benefits and great open, collaborative culture.

Cons

Very stable management team has limited growth for next set of managers, however consistent global growth is providing many opportunities. Maintaining a good work life balance can be challenging depending on the role and client life cycle phase.

Continue to focus on strategy, supporting employees as company grows into its next phase and ensure you are open to all growth opportunities for employees.

impossible to get into upper management - same clique has been managing there for years

I worked at Procurian

Pros

in depth experience into a growing industry. You can learn a lot of good information and skills that will be valuable later on

Cons

very specialized - which is good if you intend to stay in procurement outsourcing - but if you go anywhere else, you will find that your skills, while valuable are niche.

Diversify the upper management to include fresher talent - the same mix of people may make for consistency but does little for innovation

Fantastic

I have been working at Procurian

Pros

World leader in its industry, creating the marketplace, work with best in the procurement field, and grow with a growing company!

Cons

To really excel, you must grasp both a strong procurement and supply chain aptitude as well as have good client relationship skills

Keep up the great work

great place to work

I have been working at Procurian

Pros

strong management, excellent growth potential in the market, flat organization, open office space, wonderful potential for career growth, innovative vision for the future

Cons

difficult to maintain work/life balance

Fine place to work.

I have been working at Procurian

Pros

Growing, successful company. Smart people. The open office environment really is great, if it works for you. Technology to support your work is fine. Management is sales and client focused, which is both a plus and a minus.

Cons

Open office environment doesn't work for everyone. Management is focused on clients, not internal organization, which can be nice, but can also make you feel ignored.

Good stepping stone

I have been working at Procurian

Pros

Decent pay after you fight for it. Nice stepping stone before you move on to another position. Can learn a wide array of things about a particular career

Cons

Senior management is talented but sometimes mis directed. There is too much emphasis placed on margin and profit and a complete lack on customer service. Because of this i think there will either be an exodus of customers in the next 5 years or a change in the way leadership treats the customers.

Margins are very important, we are all in this to make money. Sometimes we need to accept a lower margin on products or offerings that are mature at a specific client or that we do not have a critical mass of experience in. I think far too often we oversell what we have done and are capable of doing and then back track and lean on the original scope of work draft or project plan. It may be true the customer did a poor job of scoping out the project but at the end of the day we need to be experts and ensure the customers make the right decisions. They are relying on us to know what they dont know, all too often we are both on the same learning curve. I think that is a poor business model.

Great experience and fantastic opportunities for growth

Current Employee - Sourcing Associate in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sourcing Associate in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Procurian

Pros

Great flexibility and many opportunities for growth and promotion. A company that offers great financial stability and supports employees. Great benefits package.

Cons

Administrative workload is higher than at other consultancies. Promotions are based on project management, nor procurement accomplishments. Travel is reduced to your assigned area.

Top Heavy

I have been working at Procurian

Pros

fast growing company, work-life balance, competence of C-level executives

Cons

poor pay relative to competitor firms, lack of growth opportunities in Sourcing practice

Treat Sourcing better or you will soon lose whatever talent remains in that organization