Prodea Systems

Updated May 15, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Anousheh Ansari

Fast-paced, eclectic, thrilling and friendly work environment

Senior Software Development Engineer (Current Employee) Richardson, TX

ProsFast-paced and eclectic environment with exposure to cutting edge technologies like IoT and connected home.
    For the most part is a results-oriented environment so you have leeway to work "your way".
    Management is friendly and available.
    Work environment is relaxed even under pressing circumstances.
    Good health insurance and competitive salaries.
    Open to work-from-home when needed and time management is welcome so you can easily make room for your family events.

ConsAt times feels chaotic and with no clear north.
    Small company so there is not many growth opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote more employee empowerment

See the 22nd century, do everything"

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsAs a software developer, Prodea is great place to have has worked. I delt with the latest technology and open source systems. The people there are super smart.

ConsStressful when sometimes it felt like it didn't need to be. Did not grow much when I was there.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on real opportunities.

Cool company to work for if you like cutting edge technology

ProsYou are working on innovative cutting edge technology and you have the freedom to do your work without being micromanaged. You have access to the top which is always good for a company. Ever changing landscape so you are not doing the same mundane routine everyday.

ConsThe coffee is really bad

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good work environment, but serious old boys club problems.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsI worked for this company for a few years and overall liked my time there, the people I worked with were friendly and the pay was fair. From time to time we did have to put in some really insane work hours when some project had suddenly become a massive priority. But that was fairly rare so it was cool.

ConsYou will do fine here as long as you are happy just doing whatever upper management wants exactly as they want, and as long as you do not need any other department to change the way they do things in the slightest bit.

Due to almost everyone in upper management coming from the same company where they all knew each other you can not get anyone to step on anyone's toes. If something comes down from on high that is beyond stupid, your management may agree with you and "fight" to get it changed, but it will not change.

Also be aware, on a few occasions (Right before Christmas) they ran out of money and were not able to pay any of the staff for 1-3 weeks. Each time they caught up with everyone, but still.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalking to directors is worthless if the directors can not reach a compromise with other departments.

Great People, Great Work, Great Continual Learning

Senior Software Developer (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsGood Work/life balance
    Smart/talented people to learn from and interact with.
    Chances to learn new things and even move to different areas of development.

ConsWithout the down economy this company would already have been sold but it continues to persevere despite it all.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore formal software design practices should be followed.

it took years for the company finally have a direction

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsWorking on the latest cutting edge technology on connected home

ConsAfter many years of efforts this company does not really have a steady revenue stream

Great Work, Great People, Great Experience

Senior Software Developer (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsThe people at Prodea are fantastic. The work is very exciting and there are many opportunities to learn new things. For a Sr. software developer it is close to a dream job. Lots of flexibility to own the work and do it the way you want.

ConsDesign process is very minimal and although this is good and "Agile" there is a lack of formal design such as doing Usecases/User Stories and deriving design details using UML, for example.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpdate personal PCs or give developers an equipment allowance to improve their development environment and productivity. Or maybe give gift certificates like Home Depot, Toys R Us, newegg.com for people who go above the call of duty or maybe just yearly, like a bonus.

Worked for Prodea Systems? Contribute to the Community!