Productivity Associates

Updated April 24, 2014
Updated April 24, 2014
3.8

Ken McLoughlin

Best Company I have EVER worked for!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Productivity Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

Senior Management is fair, genuine, sincere and reasonable individuals who are always looking out for their tribe! You don't see that very often these days. The employees are not just #'s in a company, but all contribute to the success and culture.

Cons

Compensation could be a bit higher, but understanding the nature of the business and all the extra perks and benefits it definitely balances out!

Keep up the great work you guys do everyday to keep the business running.

I love working at PAI!

I have been working at Productivity Associates full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Senior management is personable and have the best interest of the tribe in mind. Snacks and catered food on Fridays is a plus, who doesn't love free food? An abundance of PTO that can be used at the end of the year if you are not out sick all the time.

Cons

Could have a better streamlined training program. Also, reasonable compensation and promotions take a while to achieve but, those who work hard are considered when openings become available. Also, I am a firm believer that if you are unhappy about your current status or position the front door is always open for new opportunities

Continue to be the visionary drive for the organization.

What a mind blowing experience working here!

Current Employee - Applications Support  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Applications Support in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Productivity Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture
    Free lunch on Fridays
    Free trips all over San Diego like Padres Games, Dave & Busters, etc.
    Great Benefits

Cons

Not working in the office with the rest of the gang
    Promotions take a little bit to achieve, but they do happen frequently

Keep up the good work!

Apr 21, 2014HR Administrator

Thank you for your feedback. We do our best to include our remote tribe when it comes to work perks, and as we continue to grow as will our compensation strategy.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to start. Don't expect much though.

I have been working at Productivity Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a great place to start, great co-workers, free food on Fridays, fun events.

Cons

Low pay for the industry, trying to invest in Technology and not it's people. Pressure the staff to do surveys with constant emails.

Need to re-think the collective philosophy. When employee "A", who is lazy, never on time, receives the same compensation at the end of the year. Doesn't really motivate the hard workers and the core of your business to go the extra mile. I've seen lots of good people go and lots of bad people stay. It should be the other way around. It's too bad.

Apr 23, 2014HR Administrator

Thank you for your feedback.

We understand your concerns and appreciate your honesty. In order for us to receive open and honest feedback we distribute surveys via email blasts which employees

9.1 Core Lies

I have been working at Productivity Associates full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Employees are able to wear whatever they like into the office every day. Shorts, T-shirts, not a problem. Lunch is free on Friday.

Cons

There is no 9-5 option, shifts are all over the clock and you will be working weekends.

Benefits rant:
    Pay is below average,
    benefits only cover the employee not family,
    very few holidays off,
    PTO is not good at all

Culture:
    This seems to be a selling point to clients and upper management. All FTE are glued to their desks and have no time to "live the values"

Starting pay:
    For IT support or customer service reps is 11-12 dollars an hour. As far as growth is concerned, one can strive to reach the 15$ mark...

Truly live the core values that you sell to clients and preach to the "tribe"

WANT TO WORK FOR 1995 WAGES?

Former Employee - Help Desk  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Help Desk in San Diego, CA

I worked at Productivity Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of hard working people

Cons

Low pay, arrogant Bosses, that actually think they know something

Raise your pay. A worker at In and Out makes almost as much starting as you pay. Move your operation out of California. All the other sweat shop help desk companies are gone because you cant afford to pay decent San Diego wages. Stop believing your own BS, having upper management write reviews to get good ratings is BS.

Apr 18, 2014HR Administrator

Thank you for providing us with your feedback and we apologize if you had a negative experience at PAI.

We give our tribe the opportunity to speak up if they do not agree with how operations are
    ... More

If you want your start in IT this is the place!

I have been working at Productivity Associates full-time

Pros

-Relaxed Environment
    -Learn how to handle a vast amount of customers
    -Growth Encouraged

Cons

- Need to offer more in depth services
    - Pay but it's hard to say that considering the work

I would really look more into system admin support for smaller companies that you can do remote.

Apr 18, 2014HR Administrator

Thank you for your feedback. We would be delighted to have you share some of your ideas with us.

PAI is on the right track and working hard to be a breakout company

Current Employee - Vice President of Operations and Culture  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President of Operations and Culture in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Productivity Associates

Pros

There are many great reasons to work at PAI. Among the most important ones for me: Freedom to Express Yourself, Great People, Solid Business Model, Sound Management Principles and a solid sense of direction and purpose. The company is sincere in its intentions. The company works hard to do right by both its people and by its customers.

Cons

No major ones to speak of. . . benefits could be better but they are working on it. This might not be the best work environment for people just wanted to clock in and clock out and be done with it.

Keep moving in the direction that we are going. Stay the course and involve the team as much as possible. There is lots of talent everywhere in the organization . . . management's job is to make it rise to the surface

Apr 18, 2014HR Administrator

Thank you for providing us with your feedback.

We couldn't agree with you more, there are many great reasons to work for PAI and we only hope to get better with all of the types incentives, perks
    ... More

Literally no other Customer Service job like this one!

Current Employee - Orc  in  Castellammare di Stabia (Italy)
    Current Employee - Orc in Castellammare di Stabia (Italy)

I have been working at Productivity Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

Encouraged to put in new ideas. Always someone on hand to help with ANY situation. Great incentive programs and working on even better ones. Medical coverage. Shares business plan that is available to any and all employees that are interested.

Cons

Pay could be a bit higher, but for the work that is done. Literally a dream job.

Keep it up, nothing but good things are coming out of this office.

Worked for Productivity Associates? Contribute to the Community!