Professional Advantage

Professional Advantage Reviews

Updated Jul 5, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ideal for experienced self-starters who want stability, flexibility

Consultant (Former Employee)
    Sydney (Australia)

ProsLean operation, honest business, very open communication. Limited politics, very reasonable and lean management, good support. Pretty flexible when it comes to personal/family commitments. "Keep your clients happy" attitude. *Really* good colleagues, who are always willing to help each-other out.

ConsPretty much no corporate structure to speak of (this is not exactly a con just something to be weary of). No training, limited perks, and for consultants the work-life balance is a little off (but hey, they're consultants, and it's not too bad). Considering all this, the pay could be better.

Advice to Senior ManagementA yearly review is not enough. Consultants need more management and a bit less "putting out the fires" when the KPIs drop. Hiring someone approachable (i.e. who isn't the director!) to do quarterly reviews, would make for more successful on-boarding and a happier employer. (by the time this is read, most likely this issue has already been fixed.)

Unfair dismissal of my employment!

(Former Employee)
    Sydney (Australia)

ProsThe only good thing at PA is the facilities and the accessible location really!

ConsMy manager made me resign without even having reasonable justification but only that they heard I was not happy and planning to leave! So I had the option to resign or get sacked really!

My role was changed twice, there was a huge lack of communication and I was also underpaid in along with other similar jobs in the market!

There were also no or minimal training provided to help me better do my job!

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a better communication with your staff! Provide feedback early and at least before you sack them! And also try to look at the root cause of problems first instead of making unreasonable decisions!

excellent

Recruitment (Current Employee)
    London, England (UK)

Prosexcellent, great company to be with,

Consisnt any that I can think of

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The company changed a lot for the worse over the time I worked for them.

North Sydney (Australia)

ProsThe flexibility in the job and work life balance is excellent.
    People are great to work with and the facilities are very nice.

ConsThe flat structure and the lack of transparency of the organisation leaves a lot of people in the dark regarding the direction of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore open communication on the direction of the company.
    Listen better to the feedback of the staff and act on it.
    Do not change peoples roles before it is clear what the consequences are and what their role exactly is going to be.

Worked for Professional Advantage? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Professional Advantage reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Professional Advantage employees.