Professional Educational Services Group Reviews

Scott Van Lente

1. Substitute

Current Contractor - Substitute Teacher in Detroit, MI
    Current Contractor - Substitute Teacher in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Professional Educational Services Group as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Set your own schedule, easy to get work through online, or their app.

Cons

Pay is low for some of the travel involved. Districts selected fall out of your listings after a while if you didn't teach in those districts for a while.

If course raise the pay for each day. But other than that no complaints.

2. Nice for Students

I have been working at Professional Educational Services Group

Pros

Only work when it fits your schedule.
    Snow days

Cons

Constant phone calls at 5am

3. Good work, horrible company.

I have been working at Professional Educational Services Group

Pros

Substitute teaching can be a fairly rewarding experience.

Cons

Worst company I've ever worked for. No employee support. The website is not up to date, they refer to the website when you call in and it takes sometimes hours to get a hold of someone. you also can only get a hold of someone during your work day. they have screwed up my pay several times, they lie and most of the people that answer the phone are completely incompetent.

Start caring for your employees you are a business but business is still have to be responsible to their employees as well.

5. Quality of Job Depends on Work Location

Current Employee - Substitute Teacher

I have been working at Professional Educational Services Group part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Extremely flexible hours and a lot of control over work hours and locations. PESG is a sub contractor which allows its employees to pick up individual sub jobs on a day to day basis or long term. They essentially act as a middleman between the school district and the sub. Because of this pay and work conditions rely more on the school and district you decide to sub in than PESG.

Cons

In the beginning, to find work you will have to sub at many different locations with unpredictable work environments. However, as time goes on and you network you can find yourself subbing regularly at just a few of your favorite locations getting the chance to know and be requested by some of the teachers.

Don't charge a yearly fee to use an app that helps us find sub jobs.

6. You can manage your schedule

I worked at Professional Educational Services Group

Pros

It is a good place to work as a sub, as you can manage your schedule and an easy to use website and they have a good customer service

Cons

Each day you will be in a different school with different people!

7. Amateur Education Services Group

Current Employee - PESG Substitute in Caledonia, MI
    Current Employee - PESG Substitute in Caledonia, MI

I have been working at Professional Educational Services Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Usually can get jobs. Jobulator app

Cons

Constantly arrive to find job is not there or different than what I scheduled. No HR for employees. On phone through automated service 45 minutes to talk to someone. Throw employees under bus. Crap pay, but constantly add on more and more requirements. Scheduling hours can be an hour before school starts and a half day can be whatever the schools make it. Out of control! No full time benefits! Keep in mind I have subbed in 10 or their districts.

Start giving a crap about the people you employ or don't expect more employes.

8. They use people as a means to an end.

Former Contractor - Substitute Teacher
    Former Contractor - Substitute Teacher

I worked at Professional Educational Services Group as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

It was nice to pick and choose what assignments you could take.

Cons

Pay was too sporadic to make any sort of living so I quit.

9. A model company for contract employers.

Former Contractor - PESG Substitute in Rochester Hills, MI
    Former Contractor - PESG Substitute in Rochester Hills, MI

I worked at Professional Educational Services Group as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule that you control, access to nearly all school districts in several states, and they give you choices in where you work. Helpful people to contact if you have questions will respond no later than one day after the contact.

Cons

Sometimes you feel like you are on your own because you don't have a specific contact person or supervisor within the company who knows who you are.

10. Really Lacks Professionalism!

Former Contractor - Substitute Teacher in Genesee, MI
    Former Contractor - Substitute Teacher in Genesee, MI

Pros

The application that is associated with PESG (AESOP) is easy to work with.

Cons

Have gone many days without work. Have to add many districts to try continuous work. But does not guarantee work. Hard to deal with staff at times since there is a lot of turn over. Hard to build relationship with any school. I use to leave my information behind. This sometimes would help me. Pay has been reduced when contract PESG took over compared to working directly with schools. Low pay and no respect. There had been twice in my employment I was not payed. Although I signed the paper in the office and was informed the school had no record of me working. Do yourself a favor and have someone sign for you for protection. That's if you want to get paid.

All substitute teachers are forced to work through this job placement agency, which drops pay a considerable amount because they take a finders fee. There is little to no positive work performance feedback from this company to faithful and dependable employees. I have not been contacted by, or talked directly to support staff since signing up years ago. No opportunities offered for "in house" promotions. Virtually no benefits are offered to their teachers. They expect top notch professional educators yet they pay just a little over minimum wage. You are not guaranteed regular work.

Remember PESG does not work for you and will never go to bat to help you. They will always side with the district.

Need to build respect and change the way substitute teachers are accounted for. Not getting paid is not good. Show no respect for the company.

11. Low pay as a substitute teacher contractor, but professional company

Current Employee - Substitutue Teacher in Grand Blanc, MI
    Current Employee - Substitutue Teacher in Grand Blanc, MI

I have been working at Professional Educational Services Group part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Paid on time with no payroll issues. Staff is professional and very helpful when I have a question.

Cons

Pay is low. No training offered. No benefits with the exception of 401k if you wish to contribute.