Professional Staffing Group

Updated January 3, 2015
Updated January 3, 2015
3.6

AARON GREEN

I finally found a career where I can have fun and build a strong foundation for future success with the Company.

I have been working at Professional Staffing Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-Working in an incredible office, with an open active floor plan. You literally hear the sounds of bells going off when an employee hits a personal goal. There are no walls, no cubicles, and you sit on the same level as the CEO.
    -The atmosphere is very energetic, fun, and inspiring.
    -The management team takes more of a consultative approach in regards to training, and helps tailor the employees personal strengths rather than crush them and transform them into "just another employee". They have a creative perspective on the industry and have strong relationships on the client and the prospect side because of that.
    -my day to day is more of a fun strategy game rather than "work". I take great pride and excitement in getting up in the morning and heading to work.

Cons

-Days are long, however in this industry they could be much worse.
    -It takes a particular type of person to do this job, It's not for every one. As fun as it is, there is hard work to be done and serious focus and dedication.
    -Some people may find it difficult to receive the direct criticism on an open floor plan, where every one is listening, to every thing going on, all at once.

The management team has a strong understanding of the industry's past, present, and future. I have no doubt in my mind they foresee great things on the horizon and will lead us there with confidence.

DONT DO IT! Managers have posted positive comments because they need to bring in more people. Everyone I knew there has

Current Employee - Staffing Specialist in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Staffing Specialist in Boston, MA

I have been working at Professional Staffing Group

Pros

You can get a free certificate

Cons

Long Hours, no work life balance, pay and bonus structure is horrible, no beneifts, no time off, MUST be there at 7:30am on Thursday and Friday and also after work

Just go out of business already

Great Place for Driven Professionals

Current Employee - Group Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Group Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Professional Staffing Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- A ton of development from the beginning
    - Upper management is accessible and interested in what you can bring to the table
    - Opportunities to step up and take on additional responsibilities
    - Free lunch Friday!
    This is a great company for anyone interested in or experienced in staffing. After being at my previous company for 4+ years and not feeling valued or that I was being given proper development, PSG is a breath of fresh air! I've learned more and have received more development and guidance that I ever have before.

Cons

The hours are long, which isn't a surprise in staffing. Sometimes this can also be a very stressful environment.

Keep doing what you're doing! I love it here!

Excellent development and growth opportunities in a terrific work environment!

Current Employee - Senior Group Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Group Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Professional Staffing Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

After leaving my last company after almost 8 years, I joined PSG looking for an opportunity to grow with an organization, and further develop my skills as a manager. Having been at PSG for only a year, I have been given more growth and development opportunities than in my 7+ years in my last company. PSG focuses on the growth of it's individuals, which in turn, contributes to the overall development of the organization. PSG has empowered the management team to directly impact the day-in, day-out happenings of the business. The level of accessibility of PSG's President and CFO is unprecedented. All levels of employees are encouraged to engage with the President and/or CFO right at their desks (not offices, desks). This amount of engagement and interaction with the senior leaders of the organization promotes a transparency that is felt throughout the organization.
    The ongoing trainings are a huge plus for me, personally. Ongoing development was a rumor in my last company, so having the opportunity to train and develop with the organization 2 to 3 days a week is a very big plus!
    Another pro is the working environment at PSG. The floor plan is wide open; no offices, cubicles, etc. (including senior leadership). While adjusting to a wide open environment took some time, the benefit of the environment is incredible. Having "no walls" promotes a constant flow of "coaching on the floor" and "coaching in the moment." The open lines of communication both benefit the speed of the business, and the level of execution involved in day-to-day operations.
    PSG employees enjoy "free lunch" and "beer Friday" every Friday. Two great simple gestures that my last company failed to offer to the field. Another aspect of life at PSG that impresses me is PSG connection to the communities within the Greater Boston area. From raising money for the Greater Boston Food Bank, to contributing to a holiday toy drive, to sponsoring scholarships for high school graduates, PSG gives back to the local community.

Cons

At PSG, we work long days, but it is to service the needs of our clients. Even with the long days, it is still an improvement over my last company.

Continue to focus on the development of the individuals in the organization. The stronger the individuals, the stronger overall.

Worst working experience in my entire career

I worked at Professional Staffing Group

Pros

None I can think of.

Cons

You have to fit into their so-called "culture" which basically is a substitute word for "cult". They claim an open door policy. Don't buy into it.

Decent Staffing Agency

Former Employee - Temporary Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Professional Staffing Group as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Set you up with a lot of temp positions

Cons

Send you into jobs that you might not be qualified for

Listen to candidates when they say they aren't experienced/interested in a certain industry

Great company for someone that wants to learn the industry

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Professional Staffing Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- There is a focus on continued improvement. Everyone is encouraged to provide input and ideas on how to make things better for candidates, clients and internal employees.
    - There are always opportunities to take ownership of new initiatives.
    - There is growth opportunity. You don't have to wait for something to open up to be promoted. Opportunities are often created for people that are successful in their roles.
    - You get to meet one on one with your manager weekly.
    - There is a structured rookie training program for new hires. Training is consistent and ongoing for all employees. You can always ask questions.
    - You get to learn from experienced staffing professionals. The entire senior leadership team is accessible and engaged in the day to day operations of the business.
    - Great team atmosphere - you'll interact with employees at all levels. People hang out outside of work.

I joined PSG because they emphasized training and development during the interview process. I've stayed because they've delivered on those commitments. This is not a place for people that want to clock in and out and get lost in the shuffle. This is a great place to be if you're willing to work hard and commit to a career within the industry.

Cons

- Not a lot of flexibility
    - As with any sales oriented job, it takes a while to build up your business

Continue to recognize employee accomplishments

Never worked for me- just a factory.

Former Employee - Temporary Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Professional Staffing Group as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Quick about hte application process

Cons

Always the worst temp jobs- with very little hope of actual employment afterwards.

Rewarding Experience

I have been working at Professional Staffing Group (more than a year)

Pros

PSG is a place where you will either sink or swim. You will be given all the tools to succeed, but you definitely have to apply those tools in order to stay above water. If you don't apply yourself, you won't be happy or successful here.
    I really appreciate the strong management team, as well as the sound structural framework of the company. You know exactly where you stand with regard to metrics and performance - the management team does not shy away from healthy conflict or difficult conversations to make you a stronger employee! I have really learned to open myself up to these discussions in order to make myself a stronger employee.

Cons

PSG, like many agencies, works long hours. Not really a surprise, as we are here to service clients and keep up with their hours. The nice thing about the office is that you don't take it home at the end of the work day. You may be in the office for 12 hours a workday, but you won't have to work weekends (usually!)
    Also, not endemic to PSG, but the staffing industry as a whole is very stressful.

Keep it up!

It's a fantastic place to be!

I have been working at Professional Staffing Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

How I learned the processes and the work was mapped out well and the learning curve was realistic. Everyone is very supportive and it's great to be in an organization that shares and celebrates the successes. There's access to the management for questions, clarification, and coaching - all of which is encouraged. Plus, they're open to all feedback and innovative ideas. I feel like I'm part of a team.

Cons

The days are very long - it can make it difficult to plan for other activities during the week - however, the positive side to this is that it's predictable and consistent.

None at the moment.