Profiles International

Be The First To
Add Photos

Profiles International President & CEO Joseph "Bud" Haney

Joseph "Bud" Haney

Awesome company with multiple opportunities for driven individuals

ProsGreat working environment
    Awesome products
    Senior Management has a passion for what they do and care about making the company and the people that work for it successful.
    Great opportunities for those that want to succeed
    Care about having a world-class client experience for their clients
    Great potential for the company

Consbenefits could be better, especially sick time. Don't see to be in line with other companies the same size.
    The environment is not for everyone. Being a sales organization, people who are not driven to succeed could be put off by the management style.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't let the passion to make the company successful get in the way of developing employees. These employees are the reason the company will be successful.

Growing in the right direction - with the typical "growing pains"

Working With Clients (Current Employee)
    Waco, TX

ProsExcellent product and services. Customer-centric approach to business on the sales and services department. Loyal and dedicated employees with long term experience.

Opportunity to learn and grow as you go even if your education level is just a high school diploma; they will train you and train you! In sales and services, several key players are market savvy and others are internally made, a good mixed of experience to offer our clients a range of experience.

On going cultural transformation; working hard to move from the traditional family business to a performing organization.

ConsTop management internally made; most with limited executive or even management experience. This makes very hard the cultural transformation because some times (even with good intent) they don't see the tree from forest; or worst they stay on the tree and miss the forest! Ego-centric culture at its best! However, they are trying to work on this

Family or "brotherhood" blood kills performance. Thus, some key players are not called to give their share while others are hammered with numbers. No problem with numbers here, if everyone is subjected to the same standards.

Personnel actions are not well thought out - at least not to the receiver; maybe because of the way they are carried out. i.e. announcements are made before employee has been properly communicated; open about terminations, and hard feelings, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain on cultural transformation and strategic communications. communication is not delivering a message like "broadcasting"

Watch your tone when talking in meetings; it something needs to be corrected or improved, be assertive but do not lecture -- you have adults, and most are professional people highly educated -- not your children.

Unfortunately, the best intentions are killed when the message is not delivered properly. Treat people with respect - let them know what you think (don't tell others - it is supposed to be confidential)

Look at you! your body language needs works - if others notice what you think about other managers, people will be smart enough to take sides (the side they feel is convenient); thus, you will be creating "clicks" instead of building a cohesive team! Especially, avoid gestures such as "rolling your eyes" or "shaking your head" regarding other executives, managers or employees.

Very dynamic fast-paced growing global organization that I am proud to be a part of!

Waco, TX

ProsThe people at Profiles really do make the difference and set this company apart from any other.

Hard work and dedication does pay off in due time!

The clients that we get the PRIVILEGE to work with.

The networking with industry leaders is top notch!

The senior management tries to create a friendly environment and engaged workforce- over time we will get there.

ConsIt is a corporate environment run by a very successful family- you take the good with the bad and the good does outweigh the bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook within for talent and acknowledge it.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This is an outstanding company with great products.

Sales Consultant (Current Employee)
    Cleveland, OH

ProsThe best products of their type in the industry with a sales/customer support team that is the best I have ever worked with. If you want to sell the best go with Profiles.

ConsThis is commission only job that requires a front end investment and training/travel you must pay for in Waco Texas.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore advertising in business magazines would be useful. Not enough managers know who Profiles is and how they can contribute to a firms bottom line.

I have worked for Profiles International for nearly a decade.

Waco, TX

ProsProfiles International has a great suite of products and actually uses those tools during their own hiring process. This has led to a talented group of individuals who work cohesively together to achieve great success in the assessment solutions industry.

If you are a motivated individual, there is also great opportunity for growth and advancement at Profiles International. I personally find Profiles International to be a highly rewarding place to work.

ConsIt would be nice to have additional sick days per year, commensurate with other U.S. companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be wonderful to initiative some new Human Resource programs such as an EmpIoyee Wellness Program.

Opportunity to Grow

Strategic Account Manager (Former Employee)

ProsExceptional tools
    Management invests in training employees
    Highly talented people in the organization
    Management does solicit ideas and listens to employees
    Above average earning potential for the area

ConsThe benefits package is expensive for a family
    This is not a place for complacent or mediocre employees, it is demanding and can be rewarding but you have to work diligently and keep focused

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest in developing the employees and have the courage to make tough decisions for the benefit of the organization and everyone who works there.

Great Products. Poor Management.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Waco, TX

ProsVery good products. A wide variety of products that reach a fairly broad customer base.

ConsManagement by intimidation and fear creates low morale and high turnover in all departments. Lack of trust is rampant and killing the company. Executive team and upper level management do not respect employees. Honesty and ethics are not part of the culture and it makes it very difficult to work there. The only way you survive is to keep your head down and your mouth shut and play the game.

Advice to Senior ManagementEither listen to your critics and change or sell the company.

Stay away from this company - Over 90% turnover in sales staff in last year. Extremely narcissistic CEO

Vice President of Sales (Former Employee)

ProsGood sales training / good product

ConsAside from their CSO (K. Painter) I can't imagine an organization more poorly managed. The organization is rife with nepotism and cronyism. You will work your heart out only to be undermined by management and fellow (more senior) employees

Advice to Senior ManagementSell the company and get rid of Bud Haney. He and his band of cronies are ruining what could be a great company

It's a job for now

Strategic Account Manager (Current Employee)
    Waco, TX

ProsProfiles is a wonderful place. Especially when your new because they throw you in a office the size of a small walk in closet and forget you are there for a few months. They make awful hiring decisions ( from what I see so far) but that's a pro if you have half a brain because you will quickly bypass your peers.

ConsThe biggest con is the tyrant unresponsive leadership..... There is a huge power struggle in our department in fact I don't think anyone agrees on anything. Most the staff is disengaged but there are ones that seem to get special treatment. I was asked by management to write something on this site about profiles so here you go.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange it.... Any organizational development consultant would clean house of the management.

Revolving door, low employee engagement...poor leadership!

ProsGood tools, better if effectively used inside company.
    Some good, caring people, but not enough.

ConsPoor leadership especially at the top...CEO leads by fear tactics.
    Tools too expensive.
    Hire poorly.
    Use the efforts and sales pipeline of others to bolster the sales pipelines of the more tenured sales folks.
    Use cold calling as a progressive sales technique.
    Phasing out Business Partners by reducing commissions, reducing commissions for internal sales force to prop up their profits for a sale soon.
    Not a people oriented company.
    Inflexible environment given the excessive paperwork and processes.

Advice to Senior ManagementTotal focus should be on selling the company

Worked for Profiles International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Profiles International reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Profiles International CEO Joseph "Bud" Haney. All 22 reviews posted anonymously by Profiles International employees.