Progressive Business Publications

Updated December 9, 2014
Updated December 9, 2014
4.3

Ed Satell

Pros
  • Casual work environment, realistic bosses usually willing to help out (in 12 reviews)

• Lax management, some really smart people work there, flexible schedule (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • I would love to have more access to windows and natural light (in 4 reviews)

• Upper management should be given an office (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

I Love PBP!

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications

Pros

Great atmosphere, wonderful sales team, good benefits and pay! Flexible schedule and weekends off!

Cons

I honestly can not say that there are any cons for me.. Sure it might have been nice to have more windows and natural light but other than that I can't think of any cons.

Today was my last day at PBP after being there for almost 2 years. I was so sad to go. Jen Maziarz has been so good to my family over the years and I love her. She is such a wonderful manager with such a strong passion and true love for what she does. The managers are great and the training is top notch. There is a reason Meadville PBP has one of the highest pay up rates in the company-- it is because of our high standard for quality on each and every call, our knowledge and enthusiasm about our products, and our confidence! This is an awesome place to work and I will miss everyone so much!

Scammers

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Progressive Business Publications full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

They show you how to easily take advantage of people all over the US by lying, stealing and bullying. A real example of fraud gone wild.

Cons

They haven't been convicted as felons yet.

You are doing an excellent job posting fake 5 star reviews for a joke of a company.

Progressive Business Publications Response

Dec 16, 2014Business Team Manager

We would like to thank you for your 8 years of service. We are disappointed that you left feeling negative about the company as you worked here for so long. Please note that all the reviews, whether ... More

Notice a pattern in the positive reviews?

Former Employee - Associate Editor in Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Associate Editor in Malvern, PA

I worked at Progressive Business Publications full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lax management, some really smart people work there, flexible schedule

Cons

Absurdly low pay, poor benefits, myopic leadership, tedious grind of a job for a writer/editor, did I mention ridiculously low salaries for all but the very upper crust? You may have noticed a pattern on the positive glass door reviews ... Most of them don't mention the salary at all. To do so In any sort of positive light would be patently dishonest.

Please. This CEO wouldn't part with a dollar if it were on fire ... Unless, of course, it is to one of his pet charitable causes that generate ego-stroking PR. His rank and file employees mean less than nothing to him; they are drones to be used and discarded at will.

Found a dimond in the ruff in meadville pa

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Meadville, PA

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (less than an year)

Pros

What can I say the benifits the outstand posititive attudues in the office no weekends and flexable hours I work a 2nd job at nts in erie and I got appts and jen is so accomadating by the way meadville is number 1 in sales for the company GO MEADVILLE............

Cons

No cons for working here

I happen to find the ad on craigslist for this company I said to my a call center in meadville I'm from erie pa I drive 40 miles to and from got hear saw how small of a contact center is and loved it rene who interviewed me was wonderful and jen the branch manager has a. Awsome personality and the rest of the managers back you up the office enviroment is good I got a great sales agent who sits next to me and enouages me to keep gooing thanks to her I'm doing outstanding so for all the negative comments I read about meadville I don't see it and there is no drug use or any of that so a big shout out to jen and the rest of the managers out thank you for helping me grow out of training thanks I love pbp

Product Manager

I worked at Progressive Business Publications full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Team environment with support from my manager in all aspects of training and job function. Great people and fun, supportive atmosphere.

Cons

I have no complaints about the company. I left for personal reasons.

Wonderful environment to grow in

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Pros

Management is absolutely on the ball with keeping employee interests aligned with company goals, and there's never a moment where I would question talking to them about anything from a daily conversation to a work-related issue. I was hired after my internship, and all along I have been treated as an equal. There is a very special quality in the social sphere of the company, and makes a remarkably healthy work environment.

Cons

PBP generally has gotten a bad reputation for its telemarketing. All of that is done off-site, and feels very distant from its corporate culture. However, the content of its publications is top notch, and the direction the company is going only promises an even bigger future.

There should be more offices. Cubes are great for communicating quickly, but it would be ideal to have a sit-down office for each time we touch base.

Not an ethical organization

Former Employee - Sales in Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Sales in Malvern, PA

I worked at Progressive Business Publications full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some good people, most of whom are stuck and unemployable elsewhere.

Cons

Dishonesty - with customers AND employees. They spam people about webinars, telemarket sub-standard newsletters/send people to collections for duping them into a free trial, and send out reports and other products that are just re-purposed from other content. Place is filthy, pay was awful, and promises were never kept. Was there for just over a year (shame on me) before leaving. All the good reviews on here are part of an internal effort to offset the organic negative reviews. Note some of the consistencies of recent good reviews, their spacing, and overly praising language.

Fantastic! A company that really knows how to take care of employees that are willing to work hard and give their best!

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time

Pros

Advancement opportunities; ability to increase your own salary through hard work; supportive staff at every level; dedicated to development of people; very positive environment; on-going training and development

Cons

None really, I mean its a tough job but if you work hard and stay positive it pays off!

None. Every manager I work with is supportive, knowledgeable and has a true desire to help others do well, just keep doing that!

Fair opportunity to prove value and provide meaningful contribution

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time

Pros

There is a sufficient opportunity provided for professional growth, there are impressive philanthropic efforts, and there is an effective use of performance metrics.

Cons

The benefits package is sub-par. There is not a designated individual to handle human resources-related questions and particularly questions related to health benefits coverage. This is a major shortcoming.

Designate an assigned individual to communicate with employees regarding human resources issues and benefits-related issues.

Progressive Business Publications Response

Sep 3, 2014Business Team Manager

We have several people designated to help handle HR and benefits questions. If you are located in a branch, contact your branch manager. If you are located in our Malvern headquarters, you may ask ... More

I've always been treated fairly and I feel it's a great place to work.

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Expectations are clear -- performance is rewarded. If you are struggling, there is plenty of help available -- you just need to ask. There's a good balance between hard work and socializing. Senior management encourages learning and development both inside and outside the office, and the benefits package is generous, even if the starting salaries are somewhat low for certain positions.

Cons

Technology has not always kept pace with growth.

Progressive Business Publications Photos