Progressive Business Publications Reviews

Employment Status

Reset

Yeah no

I worked at Progressive Business Publications

Pros

None, guess it's something for a resume

Cons

Shady, feel approach is manipulative

Half these reviews are fake

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications

Pros

Benefits and paid time off... Thats about it.

Cons

High school gossip all over the place. Mice infestation, period blood all over the bathroom floors and dust about half an inch thick above the cubicles. They tried to clean up a bathroom flooding by putting a fan on the carpet to dry it up... about a year later and this patch still smells of mold. The supervisors and managers are literally in meetings from 9-5 so there is no direction. Whenever asked for direction you are almost shut down and told to figure it out... You are paid a terrible salary while preforming your best. They say they are not bureaucratic, but they are nothing but. If you are not directly making the company money you are expendable during budget cuts (does not matter your position). Employee turnover rate is horrific.

Advice to Management

Listen and be more available to your employees. Knock off the buying of email lists and spamming thousands of peoples inboxes.

3. manager

Current Employee - Manager in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, company gives back to employees and to community. I am starting to hear about other parts of the business more and that's a good thing. I hope that continues.

Cons

getting things done in IT seems to take forever. My other company was able to support the business better with IT resources.

Advice to Management

keep asking employees and clients questions on how to improve.

5. Manager

Current Employee - Manager in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You can feel the positive vibe from employees across the company. That makes coming to work rewarding which leads to me giving more of myself to the company. PBP continues to upgrade its technology, and is becoming even more data-driven with its focus on analytics and e-commerce. Well-diversified and stable, and has an entrepreneurial feel. We serve many thousands of customers in companies of all sizes across America which relates to the stability. It paid out for profit sharing again this year to employees and seems like it has done so every year going back many years. There is a new CEO and so far he seems to be a good addition for shaping the next phases for PBP. Hours of work are very reasonable.

Cons

Not enough days off provided.

Advice to Management

Reduce bottlenecks in I.T.

False reviews get you nowhere

I worked at Progressive Business Publications full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lax environment and dress code. Annual event to help with 401k questions. Friendly people who genuinely want to work hard and make the company succeed.

Cons

PBP got in trouble in the past for flooding the internet with false positive reviews, trying to cover up their negative feedback. They even went so far as to cover up scandals for illegal behavior within the owner's family. Rather than looking at how to correct a situation and make it better, they scheme as to how to hide and get away with dishonest tactics. The top management are overpaid and cover each other rather than hear solutions from lower tier supervisors. There is no taught leadership, no developing talent, no pride in new ideas - just looking in the industry for what works, hiring an expert to teach them and then getting rid of that talent so they can do it cheaper and without morals.

Advice to Management

Sadly you've tainted enough careers at this point that the feedback from your former employees is coming back to haunt you. Had you done right from the beginning, you likely would have kept that talent and been getting rave reviews. Abandon your current tactics and learn how to be an ethical company that produces something valuable instead of just cheaper, and then reward your workers with career growth, not quarterly cake and ice cream. Sadly I know good people still work for the company but until they rise to power and can make a difference, they will stay locked in to their roles knowing PBP has squandered their talents and limited their futures elsewhere.

May 14, 2015 – Business Team Manager

During your 10+ years here you heard many times that 'if you change the people , you change the company'. That still holds true today and we appreciate that you have recognized your former co-workers ... More

Let me throw up positivity real quick

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Meadville, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Meadville, PA

I worked at Progressive Business Publications part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is friendly, almost otherworldly. You're given a fair chance at the job. Casual, relaxed, you are encouraged to be yourself.

Cons

It seems like all everyone does is throw up those catch phrases. I couldn't stand it. If you've worked there you know what I'm talking about. It seems so wonderful at first, but then you find yourself repeating those phrases. You are told you're an independent contractor, but you're not. You're being scammed to scam. You have to clock out to use the bathroom. And God forbid you try to occupy yourself while that "rejection machine" (see what I did I used a phrase) rings endlessly. Nobody picked up the phone? That's you're fault for not sending positive vibes into the computer. Your energy is keeping the contacts away, which is another thing, half of them tell you they're on the do not call list. Eventually you come In every day saying "I'm getting fired today". Don't get close to anyone, they'll disappear. And then when you finally get fired, she rips through the office making a big scene and angrily grabs your stuff from your desk and gets it for you, while you stand and watch everyone looking at you while she parades your stuff out. Because you're not allowed back in the office. It's so embarrassing. It feels like communism. And that's a weird way to put it because it's competitive, but you got queen bee, her minions and then the worker drones. And drone on and on and on. Have fun!

Advice to Management

Meh. You believe in it. Keep on keepin on.

Apr 23, 2015 – Business Team Manager

We believe that giving everyone a fair chance and encouraging them to be themselves contributes to our success and we appreciate that you recognized that. As a sales representative, you took on a ... More

Don't let them fire you into quitting!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Williamsport, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Williamsport, PA

I worked at Progressive Business Publications part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

lax dress code, easy scheduling

Cons

stringent adherence to promised work hour totals, even when holidays close the office

Advice to Management

give employees a break on their contractual hours total whenever a holiday closes the office

Apr 22, 2015 – Business Team Manager

We do have several hour commitment levels that can fit just about any employees' schedule and we try to make scheduling as easy as possible as you mentioned. We agree with your suggestion of giving ... More

9. I Love PBP!

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Meadville, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Meadville, PA

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications

Pros

Great atmosphere, wonderful sales team, good benefits and pay! Flexible schedule and weekends off!

Cons

I honestly can not say that there are any cons for me.. Sure it might have been nice to have more windows and natural light but other than that I can't think of any cons.

Advice to Management

Today was my last day at PBP after being there for almost 2 years. I was so sad to go. Jen Maziarz has been so good to my family over the years and I love her. She is such a wonderful manager with such a strong passion and true love for what she does. The managers are great and the training is top notch. There is a reason Meadville PBP has one of the highest pay up rates in the company-- it is because of our high standard for quality on each and every call, our knowledge and enthusiasm about our products, and our confidence! This is an awesome place to work and I will miss everyone so much!

Scammers

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Progressive Business Publications full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

They show you how to easily take advantage of people all over the US by lying, stealing and bullying. A real example of fraud gone wild.

Cons

They haven't been convicted as felons yet.

Advice to Management

You are doing an excellent job posting fake 5 star reviews for a joke of a company.

Dec 16, 2014 – Business Team Manager

We would like to thank you for your 8 years of service. We are disappointed that you left feeling negative about the company as you worked here for so long. Please note that all the reviews, whether ... More

Notice a pattern in the positive reviews?

Former Employee - Associate Editor in Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Associate Editor in Malvern, PA

I worked at Progressive Business Publications full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lax management, some really smart people work there, flexible schedule

Cons

Absurdly low pay, poor benefits, myopic leadership, tedious grind of a job for a writer/editor, did I mention ridiculously low salaries for all but the very upper crust? You may have noticed a pattern on the positive glass door reviews ... Most of them don't mention the salary at all. To do so In any sort of positive light would be patently dishonest.

Advice to Management

Please. This CEO wouldn't part with a dollar if it were on fire ... Unless, of course, it is to one of his pet charitable causes that generate ego-stroking PR. His rank and file employees mean less than nothing to him; they are drones to be used and discarded at will.

RSS Feed </> Embed