Progressive Business Publications Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. Fantastic! A company that really knows how to take care of employees that are willing to work hard and give their best!

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time

Pros

Advancement opportunities; ability to increase your own salary through hard work; supportive staff at every level; dedicated to development of people; very positive environment; on-going training and development

Cons

None really, I mean its a tough job but if you work hard and stay positive it pays off!

Advice to Management

None. Every manager I work with is supportive, knowledgeable and has a true desire to help others do well, just keep doing that!

2. Fair opportunity to prove value and provide meaningful contribution

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time

Pros

There is a sufficient opportunity provided for professional growth, there are impressive philanthropic efforts, and there is an effective use of performance metrics.

Cons

The benefits package is sub-par. There is not a designated individual to handle human resources-related questions and particularly questions related to health benefits coverage. This is a major shortcoming.

Advice to Management

Designate an assigned individual to communicate with employees regarding human resources issues and benefits-related issues.

Progressive Business Publications Response

Sep 3, 2014Business Team Manager

We have several people designated to help handle HR and benefits questions. If you are located in a branch, contact your branch manager. If you are located in our Malvern headquarters, you may ask ... More

Don't fall for it, dont work here.

I worked at Progressive Business Publications

Pros

leadership, commission, freedom and experience

Cons

management
    strict
    unfair
    poor breaks
    terrible sales goals to hit
    management rude, offensive

Advice to Management

Start screening your employees!!!!

5. rewarding

Former Employee - Sales Representative/Branch Manager in Reading, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative/Branch Manager in Reading, PA

I worked at Progressive Business Publications full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

flexible schedule, great people, great pay

Cons

Frustrated at sales standards, the average person cannot excel, company does not cancel subscriptions accurately

Advice to Management

lower standards of sales for employees, rent better ventilated office space

6. Fun! Fun! Fun!

Current Employee - Manager in Boardman, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Boardman, OH

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Relaxed work environment. Excellent opportunities for advancement with the company. Great choice for people that have other obligations (single parents, two jobs, etc). Write your own paycheck!

Cons

It is a performance type position. It may not be the job for everyone. Sometimes people have to leave because they are over qualified and have to take a position making more money.

Advice to Management

Continue constant growth through training and development of every employee. Offer incentives to employees in the form of benefits (410K, profit sharing, etc.).

7. A positive environment.

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Meadville, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Meadville, PA

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Its a very friendly atmosphere. There's always plenty of encouragement from Jen and the rest of the management team.
    Plenty of room for growth!

Cons

i wish that the base salary was higher, though i understand that we get bonuses for good performance.

Advice to Management

so nice that the hours are flexible to accommodate life happenings such as appointments, and personal needs to be out early or a day off

8. Structure, growth and flexibility.

Current Employee - Manager in Pottsville, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in Pottsville, PA

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love the hours. No evenings or weekends. The fact that I am able to grow with the company. They promote from within. The training program is outstanding. A great atmosphere! A very supportive culture. The company knows how important we are. I enjoy coming to work every day. Not many can say that.

Cons

I have never run into any cons that cause me to re evaluate my position here.

Advice to Management

Management has done an outstanding job with everything.

9. Casual work environment where you are judged on your performance.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible work environment where you are judged on your performance. The company understands that employees have the tools and are willing to work from home (nights, weekends if necessary) to have this flexibility. Upper Management is fair with setting goals and gives you the freedom to achieve those goals without micro managing as long as you have a sound plan in place. Progressive is making huge strides in improving IT and reporting capabilities, which should give the business units better tools to become more efficient and grow revenue.

Another big part of working at PBP is being part of their charitable foundation. The company supports the idea of giving back and is truly committed to the principal.

Lastly, working for the company has many perks, from sporting events to theatre tickets. They do a great job of spreading the perks throughout all levels of the organization.

Cons

Vacation time, no natural light, company culture could be improved because the company seems silo'd at times between different business units. High cube walls do not give the impression that the company focuses on team collaboration.

Advice to Management

Keep up the casual work environment and freedom to have flexibility as long as you are hitting your goals/expectations - this is your biggest asset. Combine the vacation days and sick days, so employees have PTO days that they have the freedom to decide how to use. Tear down the cube walls, if putting managers in cubes was to support team collaboration and communication, then 5 foot cube walls is a major deterrent. Set, quarterly divisional/company goals that are visible to improve employee engagement and then set team building rewards for achieving... happy hour, bowling, football tickets, etc. Its a Win Win!!

The new employment development program as well as the overall increased focus on development will be rewarding for individuals, as well as the company. Truly Appreciated!

10. Awesome work culture! This company really supports both personal and professional development.

Current Employee - Morning Manager in Williamsport, PA
    Current Employee - Morning Manager in Williamsport, PA

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

In addition to the flexible work schedule, competitive pay, and opportunities for advancement- PBP's core values facilitate an environment I'm proud to be a part of.

Cons

Because of the flexibility of the work schedule you have to be self managed. For some, this can different and challenging from what they are used to.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

I've always been treated fairly and I feel it's a great place to work.

Pros

Expectations are clear -- performance is rewarded. If you are struggling, there is plenty of help available -- you just need to ask. There's a good balance between hard work and socializing. Senior management encourages learning and development both inside and outside the office, and the benefits package is generous, even if the starting salaries are somewhat low for certain positions.

Cons

Technology has not always kept pace with growth.

RSS Feed </> Embed