Progressive Business Publications Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Enjoy my job with stable company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great job stability, and they always plan for the long-term...hierarchy is very minimal, all voices are heard and they encourage new thoughts and creative ideas from all employees. Great opportunities to interact and share ideas with other departments; Benefits are top-notch

Cons

Pay could be a bit higher for some of the positions; and the need to update computer databases and network speed

Great environment for a self-motivated, energetic employee

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management empowers employees, you rarely feel micromanaged, friendly work environment, great opportunity for someone who wants to learn multiple facets of the publishing world

Cons

IT resources are stretched thin so it's challenging to get projects completed

Advice to Management

Increase employee vacation days

3. Good, Solid Company

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications

Pros

The people are great at PBP--a true team environment where everyone is willing to help you succeed. They are an intelligent, motivated group of people focused on serving customers and moving the company forward. PBP values it's employees and creates opportunities for them to grow.

Cons

They could move to a PTO system and be a little more transparent across departments.

Advice to Management

Please be more transparent about the position of the company...it's just good to know.

5. Great place to work

Current Employee - Manager in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in Malvern, PA

Pros

PBP focuses on playing to the strengths of their employees - recognizing that you're going to be better if you like what you're doing. It is a collegial atmosphere where people work hard but have fun. It's a particularly good company for new college graduates (or interns) as you are given real, meaningful work to do right away.

Cons

While PBP is a meritocracy and rewards employees who do well with more challenging work (which is good) there is not a lot of turnover so it can be difficult to move up.

Overall positive experience; Lots of room to grow within the company.

Current Employee - Conference Producer in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Conference Producer in Malvern, PA

Pros

You are never micromanaged in your position. Managers/upper-level employees check in, but allow you to do your work without breathing down your neck. There is always room to take on more job responsibilities, or work on special projects after you've established yourself there.

Cons

Salary doesn't always match your job responsibilities. Often, people will either leave/get fired, and everyone is just expected to take on more responsibilities without any increase in salary.

Advice to Management

Increase the salaries/bonus pay (for the good employees) so they don't feel overworked/under paid.

Neutral

Former Employee - Account Manager in Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Malvern, PA

I worked at Progressive Business Publications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits from day one; flexible for PTO. Laid back environment.

Cons

My position was in sales; the commission on the actual sale was ridiculously low and there was tax onto of that. What is fully expected a person was not laid out.

Advice to Management

Improve internal communication. Invest in employee motivatio

Good company, focused on sales & marketing.

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best part of PBP is that everyone is always open to new ideas and the management team is constantly looking for growth opportunities.

Cons

The biggest challenge is that sometimes there is not good teamwork between departments. At times there can be a "silo" approach or mentality to each business unit.

Advice to Management

PBP has a very good benefits program including profit sharing and 401k, so hopefully all that continues.

Great Experience!

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Reading, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Reading, PA

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Company offers allot of flexibility in it's scheduling, great for single Moms, students, etc.

Cons

As in any Sales environment, the Company expects results.

Advice to Management

More Training for New Hires.

Neutral opinion, whats good is great but low pay

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Howland Corners, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Howland Corners, OH

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome schedule, will work with anything you have going on: school, kids, appointments and the like. All members of management are approachable... a TRUE open door policy.

Cons

Very high turn over, I am fearful if this is the day I will be let go, every day i go in. I am into my fifth week and have seen more than 10 people let go, and even more than that just stop showing up within their first and second week. Sales is difficult and not for everybody. Pay is min wage.

Advice to Management

Take more time to coach your reps.

Progressive Business Publications Response

May 8, 2014 – Business Team Manager

We actively recruit new talent into our sales organization and are always looking for the best people. Sales is a difficult profession and we work very hard as a company to provide our reps with the ... More

Horrible

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Bensalem, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Bensalem, PA

I worked at Progressive Business Publications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None come to mind, none.

Cons

Being talked to like your a special needs child just because you can't get small businesses to agree to a free trial of their horrible newsletters.

Advice to Management

Stop drinking the Kool-Aid

Progressive Business Publications Response

May 8, 2014 – Business Team Manager

Our management team is focused on building a good company with good people. We rely on our culture and values as a part of our success. With that, we expect all managers to treat sales team members ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed