Progressive Financial Services

Updated December 20, 2014
Updated December 20, 2014
2.3

Louis Valerio

Progressive Finance is an excellent company

Former Employee - District Manager
    Former Employee - District Manager

I worked at Progressive Financial Services as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

They offer a leading-edge product, and offer excellent support for both external and internal customers.

Cons

They were not open on Sundays, which was a problem for many retailers who were open on Sunday and needed support.

Keep a staff working on Sunday.

Overall decent job

I worked at Progressive Financial Services

Pros

Good pay, most co workers are very nice as well as some management

Cons

Only con was worrying about not having a job if quota wasn't metal

Collaborative Mediocrity

Current Employee - Debt Collector in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Progressive Financial Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Met some good people while I worked there.

Cons

Limited potential at this company regarding compensation and career. The culture is pretty negative, and I just didn't enjoy going to work. I don't want to be so negative, but I would like candidates who are considering this company to know what they are getting into. I really feel like the managers are a group of people that couldn't hack it where they were, so they formed a club.

Horrible company

Former Employee - Representative in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Representative in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Progressive Financial Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Starting pay great ,No dress code , Lots of Fun , Laid back

Cons

Supervisors horrible management horrible , bo chance to move up in company , bonus structure constantly changed

Keep Going, not worth the stress

Former Employee - Debt Collector in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Debt Collector in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Progressive Financial Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good Commission only during tax time

Cons

The director completely micromanages the entire building. I worked on the collections side for 6 months and found better employment elsewhere. It is not worth the stress of knowing whether or not your going to have a job the next day. For only starting at 11.50 an hour it's not worth it.

None nothing will ever change

Degrading

I worked at Progressive Financial Services full-time

Pros

hours / dress code flex breaks

Cons

micro managed - you are degraded daiily

back off

If you're thinking of working here, keep moving!

Former Employee - Rather Not Say in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Rather Not Say in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Progressive Financial Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Consistent work hours & job consistency, paid off holidays, vacation time after 6 months full-time status.

Cons

So many!

I worked here less than 6 months and it was a disaster. Our department head, a woman who has been with the company 16+ years is completely burnt out. She consistently came into work late, would sit at her desk and play on her cellphone for most of the day, sort out her workload to the rest of the staff and leave early. On a few occasions there were a few shouting matches she had on her cellphone while taking personal calls in her office during work hours. Her attitude was also very hard to work with- she would e-mail you vs call/talk in person, she always seemed to be in a bad mood and mostly kept to herself. This is not how a department head is supposed to manage her team.

I can't say what happens out on the collection floor because I didn't work there- I can only say that the collectors were constantly being moved around. From what I heard it's something of a productivity exercise, but it only seemed to annoy the collectors and seemed like a huge waste of time. How obnoxious would it be to have your desk moved around several times a month?

The dress code means nothing. The term "semi-professional" attire was a joke. They only made everyone in the building "dress up" when they knew representatives, clients, auditors or any one of the higher-ups from out of state offices were coming to visit. Shorts are allowed on Fridays but you would see straight up booty shorts out there with tank tops. Quite a few of the collectors either had heavy makeup on, tattoos, massively gauged ears, weird colored hair or all of the above. Anyone walking in on an average day should be ready to see a show!

There are a choice few people that seem legitimately happy to be employed at PFS but, unfortunately, the majority of people are fake. The place definitely felt like being in high school all over again with cliques. I think a lot of people in management positions are either oblivious or just choose to ignore what they should blatantly be seeing in front of them.

Please come in unannounced and see for yourselves first hand what it's like. Hire higher quality people to fill in these positions- I'm aware background checks have to be made in order to become employed, but a clean record does not always mean a competent employee. Listen to your employees and really pay attention to your department heads; decide who merits having their jobs.

Good company, not so good industry

Current Employee - Debt Collector in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Progressive Financial Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Brutally honest and upfront company. No secrets are concealed here, you are told what is expected from day one and they hold you accountable for your own actions after. You can and will succeed if you have a proper work ethic. Fair scheduling, professional staff, and basic training suitable for a quick learner.
    Receiving high dollar bonus checks are not as rare as I thought it would be, almost 30% of the floor was receiving bonuses in the thousands.

Cons

Not a good fit for all persons transitioning from a customer service background. The position is fast paced and based in a typically loud call center like environment. Though the environment is not terribly unprofessional , I do not personally have the ability to listen to a manager screaming in my left ear while trying to listen to a conversation being held in my right ear. Turn over is high. They will terminate your employment based on attendance and/or overall performance.

I consider myself (as do a few others)to be fairly intelligent however, I am not perfect. I feel the occasional typo or incorrect call disposition code should not be penalized, especially considering the rapid nature of the position and tendency for frequent technological crashes.

None, I think the structure is sound as it is. Jordan K. and most of the management staff including Charlotte B. are exceptional workers.

The arm pit of collection. So much if you're the managers pet you are great if not your up the creek without a paddle.

Former Employee - Debt Collector in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Debt Collector in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Progressive Financial Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you're one of the favorites your golden. If not too bad for you.

Cons

This place is a huge con also the managers are control freaks it's so micromanage it's crazy. If you are straight out of high school it's good not if you're ban adult.

None. I hope this company falls

Worst collection company to work.

Current Employee - Debt Collector in Tempe, AZ

Pros

It's easy, and you don't really have to have a work history. This is a job while you look for a real one or going to college. Please don't stay there pass these two reasons.

Cons

Rampant favoritism, discrimination and harassment is swept under the rug, staff is treated like children, management rewards good workers with extra work for no additional pay, no where to move up within the company, management makes it clear that you're expendable. Office culture is exactly like high school. Policies change everyday. Very High turnover rate
    Accounts assigned to collectors are controlled and distributed by managers whom play favoritism.
    This allowed for management to control your overall salary when working on commission.

Treat your employees like people not number like you currently do.
     A raise of at least $1 will be more sufficient after a year of dedicated service, choose leaders based on there knowledge and experience .