Progressive Global Energy

www.progressivege.com

Progressive Global Energy Reviews

4.4

CEO

Hard Work Really Does Equal Money Here.

I have been working at Progressive Global Energy full-time (less than a year)

Pros

To do this job one must possess resiliency. You experience a lot of failure, especially in the beginning, but those who can stick it out (they say the one-year mark is the "you made it!" point) can find loads of success.
    The base salary for new consultants is $30,000. It's not negotiable, however, you get bumped to $35,000 upon completion of the "100-point training plan", which can take anywhere from 4 months to a year to complete. Totally depends on how hard you work. No one takes this job for the $30,000 base salary. If you've read this far into the review, you're worth more than that. People take this job because if you work hard, and quite frankly, if you're smart, you can make 6 figures within a couple years. The commission is truly uncapped, and we operate in a booming industry. The company also offers great benefits. Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, gym memberships are all part of the package.
    The culture is young, loud, and fun. There is always an incentive you're working toward - a trip to Miami or Vegas or somewhere else. On one hand you could count the number of employees over 40 years old.
    You'll hear the term meritocracy thrown around a lot, and it's not simply lip service. They reward their people who work hard and make the company money.
    Overall, I've liked what I've experienced so far. It certainly isn't the best fit for everyone, so ask a lot of questions and do your research. If it is a fit for you - if you work hard, possess resiliency, and are financially motivated - this is a great time to get on board, as the company is growing rapidly.
    Finally, the job is sales. You're selling a service. You're selling people (but in a totally ethical way). It's important you understand this when while you consider applying here.
    Another way to think about this job is as a matchmaker. You see a company with an open position, and you see the resume of a person looking for work, and your job is to put them in a room together and convince them that they're perfect for each other. That's what we do. We're the eHarmony of the Oil and Gas industry.

Cons

The office is very young, very loud, and can be off-putting to mild-mannered individuals. This job requires travel outside the comfort zone when it comes to cold calls and explicit conversations about salary.

Energy, Reward, and Rapport are lived out every day.

Respect is sometimes suspect in the sense that it is unprofessional to my clients on the phone when my coworkers are screaming obscenities across the room. I feel like the employees from the UK could benefit from a crash course in American business etiquette and professionalism.

Also, for the love of everything holy, can we please install voicemail on all consultants' phones? This business where the calls get passed from one phone to the entire office is insane. It causes majors miscommunications, missed messages, and lost business. Not to mention the major distractions that are caused by people shouting across the sales floor telling their coworker that so-and-so is on the line for them.
    Voicemail would solve all of these problems.

Company-wide emails when deals are closed and no voicemail boxes were probably great ideas when the company was in its infancy, but now that we're growing so rapidly, especially in the Americas, it's important that you adjust policy to match the growth.

Anonymous

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Progressive Global Energy full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The fact that it is a young office is very appealing. You don't find that many places. They do a great job of training you but it can be a bit boring. The incentives are all based around going out and partying so if that's your thing then its great. You can definitely make a lot of money. It just takes a long time.

Cons

No privacy. You feel like you are being babied the whole way through everything. Rules about being on time and how many calls you make are very strict. They monitor everything! Professionalism is very low in the office. People talk about inappropriate things and its uncomfortable. Commission structure isn't great. The company gets so much money and you get a small portion depending on job title.

We are all educated. Please let us learn and grow. We aren't children. We can handle things!! Please help keep the atmosphere professional. A lot of people dread going into the office for that reason alone.

Ups, downs, side to side...AND a whole load of fun!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Progressive Global Energy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent training in place both from the Corporate function and locally from the leadership team. A lot of peer to peer support on offer and a buddy/mentor program which offers additional support particularly in the beginning.

Excellent benefits on offer, outshining many competitiors in the local area. Vacation time for example is excellent for the local area.

There are a strong set of values in place which are driven from top to bottom globally and locally.

There is massive opportunity to earn well here; financially motivated people thrive. Additionally, there is huge career potential in Houston with a lot of growth ongoing and planned.

The Houston office has fun & socializes together a lot and as a result are a tight group.

Cons

It can be demanding on your work/life balance. The only 'downside' of working in a meritocratic organization is that you have to really put in the work and time to get the rewards back.

Like the title of the review suggests, there can be a lot of ups and downs; an emotional rollercoaster at times.

Great place to work with lot's of money to be made

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Progressive Global Energy full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Culture, environment, money, career path, leadership

Cons

Job can be tough at first

Keep doing what you're doing

The definition of "Work hard, play hard"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Progressive Global Energy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The uncapped commission is great because you always know that if you work harder you'll make more money. The rewards the offer the employees (monthly lunches a 5-star restaurants, trips to Vegas, Miami, etc) are definitely a plus. The office environment is fun because it's an open sales floor, so every day is like working with your friends. Being that the company is organic, you can always go to your manager with any problem you have & they will most likely be able to help you solve it based on past experience. I also really like the transparent career path & the clarity around what you need to do to get to where you want to be.

Cons

Any sales job is an emotional roller coaster. Other than that I can't really say much.

Opportunity to make decent money, but MICROMANAGED

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at Progressive Global Energy full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you are a self starter, with a strong work ethic, you can make some great money.
    Merit based promotions. (Mostly)
    Global presence. Opportunity to move into different markets/places.
    Merit based rewards.

Cons

Very, very, very Micro-managed. They track how many phone calls you make per day, hour minute, mili-second. Everyone goes to lunch at the same time every day. If you are two minutes late coming back, comments are made. We are all adults, this is not needed. Turnover is high for those who can't handle this type of atmosphere/ hand-holding.
    The commission structure is top heavy, to pay for the trips, fancy offices, etc. It should be more, to deal with the above.

People are different, manage them accordingly. Some new hires are college students, that need guidance/a fire under their butt, some are experienced and know how to conduct themselves. Coaching and tyranny are not the same.

Great competitive international working environment.

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Progressive Global Energy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Growth and development opportunities at every level within the organisation. A winning can-do mentality and lot’s of (international) travel and career opportunities!

Cons

It can be a very steep learning curve.

People - centric and great global presence

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Progressive Global Energy full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They're good at helping find the right opportunity for you based on likes/dslikes/strengths etc.
    Excellent perks including AGM in Vegas in 2014, and holiday incentives etc. But you have to work hard!
    Work hard/play hard mentality.
    Great global presence - and very successful in the field.
    Feel like you're part of something.
    Global opportunities.
    very good earning potential

Cons

Its emotionally tough, lots of ups and downs.
    In Calgary - Smaller team and you do have the odd 'Ego' and non team player (everyone has one or two of these) - but overall there is a good team atmosphere.
    7.30 am start!

Take your athletic/academic competitiveness, and apply it to your career!

I have been working at Progressive Global Energy full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere, and the team you work with, are amazing. I love hanging out with everyone in my office outside work as well! The regular incentives are awesome, and you can really see everyone striving to achieve the #1 spot, while remaining supportive of everyone in the office as well. It's a really healthy competitive environment. The earning potential is uncapped if you work hard, and it truly is a meritocracy. Work hard play hard is certainly the motto!

Cons

Occasionally long hours, especially if you pull a job at then end of the day, but if you push through, you can really reap the rewards, and make it worth the work.

A bit more direction on career growth could be helpful

Progressive Global Energy Photos