Progressive Insurance

www.progressive.com

Progressive Insurance Reviews in Atlanta, GA

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Progressive Insurance President, CEO, and Director; Chairman and CEO, Progressive Casualty Insurance Company Glenn M. Renwick

Glenn M. Renwick

Pros
  • Management sensitive to work-life balance and work hard to accommodate each employee's situation(in 45 reviews)

• Leadership, customer focus, comfortable work environment with lots of amenities(in 56 reviews)

Cons
  • Work /life balance was challenging to maintain due to extensive work schedules(in 24 reviews)

• The current infatuation is the customer service score of which a "5" is the Holy Grail(in 19 reviews)

9 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

A good company

Claims Generalist (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsStability, gain share bonus around Christmas, the ultimate resume builder, work perks decent benefits.

ConsInsane work load. From my research on claims adjuster in other companies, Progressive has its employees doing so much more to manage claims.

Advice to Senior ManagementDepends on who your supervisor and manager is. Some supervisors are too busy to coach but if they stop to take the time to train newbies right then the less the newbies would have to bother them so much.

Poor Work/Life balance, limited opportunity for advacement

Claims Generalist (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsJob Security, Compensation and Benefits, Work Environment

ConsWork Load, Work/Life balance, Limited Opportunity for Advancement

Claims Generalist Intermediate

Claims Generalist Intermediate (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat co-workers and gainshare is a nice bonus to get at the end of the year. Excellent benefits and 401k matching. They have an awesome training program for anyone looking to be in insurance claims.

ConsPeople are over worked and constantly frustrated. There is too much empasis on meeting unrealistic expectations. I have never seen anyone be completely caught up and feel okay about leaving for the day. There is no way to advance your career with all the manangement restructures. You can move to different deparments but not advance. Also, the pay needs to be more competitive. Gainshare should be a bonus, not part of your salary.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have to balance the workload. There is no way you can do all that is required with the amount of claims that you receive everyday. I did it for over ten years, and left on my own free will because I saw no future for me other than claims. After handling injuries, there is nothing else to aspire to. In my last year at Progressive, almost all of the tenured reps have left the company. I think managment needs to really address it before Progressive becomes a rolling door--again.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great learning experience. Entry Level position.

Bodily Injury Adjuster (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsPay and gainshare. Initial training.

ConsManagement needed some work. I had a few great managers, then u got 1 and he was horrible. I lefted due to this manager. This position requires a lot of hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore training less micro management for your experienced adjusters.

A great place to work with little to no opportunity for career advancement.

Senior Claims Representative (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat benefits, flexible schedule. I love my coworkers. You will spend more than 40 hours a week with them, so its really important that you get along,.

ConsThere is nothing to do outside of the corporate office besides claims. There is almost no room for advancement to management.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease learn to appreciate your employees for all the work they do. Management really needs to learn to treat all their employees the same. There is a huge problem of who you know will get you anything you want.

Excellent Company with Competitive Salaries and Good Benefits

Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsProgressive has a very positive and fun work culture. Progressive also has competitive salaries and excellent benefits offered in their offices.

ConsManagement could be more consistent in implementing policies company-wide. ETB could be more generous for newer employees, since it has to be used for both vacation/sick time off.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management should hold lower management more accountable for uneven implantation of procedures and policies company-wide.

Overall, it has been good, it does get to a limit for advancement if you are not in Cleveland

Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGood Coworkers, management and culture

ConsWork/Load balance at times
    Limit for advancement if not in home office, but that is to be expected I guess

Depends on your future goals

Claims Associate (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat company to work for long term
    Great perks like on-site doctors office, gym, cafeteria
    Company always tries to keep employees engaged in advertising campaigns
    Gainsharing is a plus!

ConsNo room for growth unless you work in the corporate office in Ohio.
    Company used to do a lot of training and job advancement, but now are making employees do more roles for the same pay. Not the Progressive it used to be.
    Upper management is always pushing diversity but there is little to NO diversity in upper management.

Average at best

Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsField Adjusters have the ability to start and end at home. cost of benefits are not too costly, and the pay is average. They are getting better with diversity.

ConsExcessively micromanaged as if you have not been doing the job but 1 week even after doing it for years. Management is promoted because of friendship and college attended, instead of competency. The company is flat when it comes to promotional opportunities. I was told it is not going to grow for years to come, unless you want to move to FL or TX, no opportunity

Advice to Senior ManagementTransparency is key! Its better to tell employees straight up about what is happening with the company instead of shielding and hiding the truth.

Worked for Progressive Insurance? Contribute to the Community!