Progressive Insurance

www.progressive.com

Progressive Insurance Reviews in Colorado Springs, CO

Progressive Insurance President, CEO, and Director; Chairman and CEO, Progressive Casualty Insurance Company Glenn M. Renwick

Glenn M. Renwick

Pros
  • Management sensitive to work-life balance and work hard to accommodate each employee's situation(in 45 reviews)

• Leadership, customer focus, comfortable work environment with lots of amenities(in 56 reviews)

Cons
  • Work /life balance was challenging to maintain due to extensive work schedules(in 24 reviews)

• The current infatuation is the customer service score of which a "5" is the Holy Grail(in 19 reviews)

21 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Excellent Employer

IT Service Desk Specialist (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsProgressive is possibly the best company I have ever worked for.

The workplace is very relaxed. There's not really a dress code unless you're in management. There's usually some sort of event going on to get away from work-stress...farmer's markets, cultural education events, etc...

The gainshare program is fantastic. Work efficiently and effectively, get a nice bonus at the end of the year.

Compensation is right at the national average (but is generous for the position). Benefits are very affordable.

Managers are very understanding of personal issues and are willing to work with you in case of family hardships. Schedules are also fairly flexible, especially if you are still continuing your education.

The higher ups actually take time to visit even tier 1, listen to calls, and provide feedback. I'm talking about the CEO and his direct reports, not just "upper" management.

Programs are in place to move up in the company. Mentoring, shadowing, etc...

ConsTier 1 management is a bit of a revolving door (though, not entirely due to attrition). It can be tough when you have a new manager every year. Due to this, you can get a so-so manager that doesn't really understand the Service Desk job.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some stability in tier 1 management. Experienced and motivated managers there can set the company up with really good entry-level talent.

Wonderful place to work! great atmosphere

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsGreat work/life balance, OT always available, large bonuses, friendly coworkers, open door HR policy

ConsNot much room for advancement, Claims department is highly sought often and space is limited. Also, some higher level jobs seemed to select their candidates- playing favorites was apparent

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Sales Representative for auto, motorcycle, boat motorhome,

Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsThe benefits are good as are the first level supervisors. Lots of opportunity to move up or to move laterally within the company.

ConsThe benefits are good as are the first level supervisors. But but the the middle middle level level management needs improvement

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work

IT Applications Programmer (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

Prosmost people end up leaving seeking higher compensation but end up coming back

ConsCompensation is at or slightly below average

OK, could be better

QA Analyst (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsFlexible Work Arrangements depending on group, Casual dress, good people

ConsGood ol boys network, salary, few opportunities in Colorado SPrings - Cleveland is really the only place that matters.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of middle management as they do little to nothing to support their people.

As good as call centers get

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsThey focus on the positive

ConsIt is a call center

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Constant change and have had 8 managers in last 3 years

IT Helpdesk (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsBenefits are great and has kept me there for over 5 years

ConsStressed corporate environment da da da

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand the work of your employee's above anything else

Great company! Don't care for the call center work...

Inbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsProgressive is a great company that values it's product and the people that make that product worthwhile. They invest in their employees professionally, personally and financially. The benefits are great, with nice bonuses at the end of the year, lots of paid days off and great health care. The people are fantastic and they really try and make sure you are taken care of.

ConsMost of the positions here are call center types. I sit on a phone most of the day, rarely see other employees and people are much more likely to get angry when over the phone. I am in a cubicle (with a nice view), sitting down in front of a computer for 10 hours a day. I think this job is perfect for some people, but make sure it fits your personality.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore knowledge of other department's work would fuel better service. Otherwise, great job making this a good place to work.

A solid company where you don't fear that your job will be eliminated

IT Service Desk Specialist (Current Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsGood benefits, Gainshare (bonus) depending on company performance, relaxed work environment. Encouraged to speak up for process improvements, etc.

ConsVery little movement, which may be attributed to the poor economy at the moment.

QA

QA Analyst (Former Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsProgressive is a good company to work for if you like vacation days for the # increases by your term.

ConsProgressive is a good company to work for, however QA is not well respected by upper management and truly never has been.

Advice to Senior Managementcore values are not enforced. can be very challenging to those who do strive for honesty and loyalty in both work and home lives.

Worked for Progressive Insurance? Contribute to the Community!