Progressive Insurance

www.progressive.com

Progressive Insurance Reviews in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Updated Jun 21, 2014

Progressive Insurance President, CEO, and Director; Chairman and CEO, Progressive Casualty Insurance Company Glenn M. Renwick

Glenn M. Renwick

Pros
  • Management sensitive to work-life balance and work hard to accommodate each employee's situation(in 45 reviews)

• Leadership, customer focus, comfortable work environment with lots of amenities(in 56 reviews)

Cons
  • Work /life balance was challenging to maintain due to extensive work schedules(in 24 reviews)

• The current infatuation is the customer service score of which a "5" is the Holy Grail(in 19 reviews)

39 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great work environment, friendly co-workers, and room to build a career

Claims Representative (Former Employee) Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

ProsThe office culture is great, co-workers were extremely friendly and after the first six months the schedules become flexible. Great place to build a career. The training was paid, and very helpful as they cover any situation that may come up. They understand that people who work hard can make mistakes, so the weekly sessions with your manager helps you to achieve your goals and become better at your job! Highly recommended.

ConsNone that I can think of! One of my favorite places to work

Great flexibility and an amazing environment where your co-workers feel like family.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

ProsFantastic flexibility, lots of onsite perks, great health insurance, onsite clinic and gym facilities, genuinely nice people who become like family members before you know it.

ConsNot a lot of opportunities for growth, especially if you want to stay within your chosen career field and you're already a "professional."

Overall, It is a great company. Don't let politics get in your way to succeed.

IT Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

ProsImpressive job benefits and amenities. Significant IT projects and cutting edge projects.

ConsSignificant amount of contractors. Movement depends on manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot all managers are experienced enough and do not have the knowledge to assist their employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Experience

Human Resources (Current Employee) Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Prosculture, flexibility, values, people, focus on wellness

Conslocation, pay practices, workload,promotions take a long time

Advice to Senior Managementcontinue to re-visit salaries and pay practices to ensure employees are being paid market value

Best place to work!

IT Service Desk Specialist (Current Employee) Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

ProsBenefits, gain share, resting room, lactation rooms, cafe, store, adoption assistance, flexible schedule, earned time off, ability to move around within the company, resource groups, rated top diverse employer in 2013. All around great place to work.

ConsThe hiring process can be very intense.

IT Sr QA Analyst

IT Senior QA Analyst (Former Employee) Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

ProsWorking for one of fortune 100 companies

ConsNot so great pay, very hard to grow (if you are a contractor like me, you will be doing same thing for next 10 years without any
    professional growth). Once finish your contract and go out of the company it is very very difficult to come back as fulltime

Advice to Senior ManagementFix your (HR) hiring process, I think you are playing with people’s life’s keeping them waiting for (in my case 4 months) the next step in interview process

Excellent place to work if you do not want to present original ideas to the Ivy league PMs who know it all.

Marketing Process Analyst (Current Employee) Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

ProsGood pay, nice gainshare, good benefits

ConsAttempting to move up is difficult if not from Ivy league, constant change for the sake of change gets to be a real distraction. Be careful what manager you get hired in by because if they are perceived to be week then you will also suffer from the same perception and have difficulty moving to other internal opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementDetermine who your core customer really is and then cater to them. Don't add fee after fees because this is not a good revenue source as a result of focus only on bad debt.

They throw around words like "flexible" and "holistic" while being the exact opposite.

Customer Service Representative & Sales (Current Employee) Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

ProsArtwork, gain share, onsite gym

ConsTerrible hours, it's like pulling teeth to change your schedule even if it's a dire need like caring for a sick family member - they don't care. They also don't give you any more money for becoming licensed yet give you more work due to that fact and because you're "more skilled" you have to fight even harder to get any time off approved. Just don't work in the call center, it's not worth it and there are far less opportunities to move up than they like you to think. If you do start in the call center, a word of advice - do NOT get tricked into extra skills like Special Lines or USAA calls because there's no boost in pay or extra recognition for that either, you just get a busier phone.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess lip service, more doing.

Progressive was tough work. Very fast paced and a large workload.

Senior Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

ProsFriendly environment. I liked my coworkers but management wasnt very helpful. Overall a good place to work. I would recommend anyone to this job.

ConsLarge workload. Management not helpful. Training isnt very helpful. Straight edge type of environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementLighten up the load

Strong company with a bright future as long as Senior Management doesn't continue to drop the ball.

Manager (Former Employee) Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

ProsLarge corporation with job security. Flexible work schedules for most exempt positions. Yearly bonus based somewhat on company profits.

ConsThe company used to be a great place for career growth, however, those opportunities have become fewer for those already employed by the company.

Senior manager's are out of touch and the company is starting to suffer as a result.

Company grew faster than it was able to mature it's practices and policies.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management have instilled fear in lower managers and employees. As a result, they do not have an understanding of what is happening and the issues that exist. Figure out how to break down those barriers and eliminate the fear.

Worked for Progressive Insurance? Contribute to the Community!